|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Big Midnight Special, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner who almost beats LeBlanc to death?
(a) Big Johnny.
(b) Freddie Muscle.
(c) Big Joe.
(d) Long John.
2. What drug does Elgin prescribe for Winfield?
3. What does Avery's father say one should always seek when associating with people?
(a) The quiet people in the corner.
(b) One's own level.
(c) A good mix.
(d) The most important people.
4. What are LeBlanc and Gerard paranoid about?
(a) If Avery is an undercover cop.
(b) The police on the river.
(c) If the moonshine is real alcohol.
(d) Their parents.
5. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunnicut want Winfield to return to Louisiana?
2. What does Boudreaux have a gift for?
3. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
4. Where does Boudreaux find a job after he breaks his hand?
5. Why doesn't Winfeld want to work for Lathrop?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)