|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
2. What animal do the investors send to the children?
3. What word is used to describe the woman in Jim's office?
4. Which movie star had the man worked with?
5. The next person to cause Lily problems is Deputy ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
2. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
3. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
4. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
5. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
6. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
7. What are some of the activities the family undertakes while in Phoenix?
8. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
9. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
10. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interesting and turbulent life of Lily Casey Smith. What were Lily's best traits? What were her weaknesses? Do you admire Lily's abilities? What about Lily do you like/dislike the most? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Lily believed that she could teach virtually any child until she had Rosemary. Explain why you think Lily was unable to teach Rosemary. What was Jim's role in Rosemary's education? Why do you think Rosemary was so wild and contrary? In what areas did Rosemary excel?
Essay Topic 3
Lily says that she plans to stick around for a long time to keep watch over the grandchildren. How do you think Little Jim and Rosemary feel about Lily's input? Does Lily feel that one are both are inept as parents? Do you think it is Lily's place to oversee the grandchildren? What kind of influence do you think Lily will have over the grandchildren? Explain.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)