|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does the family own?
2. Lily decides to take up which activity?
3. Who was fired from the ranch along with Old Jim?
4. What is the name of the county where the family lived before moving to Phoenix?
5. What word is best used to describe the house's decor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
2. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
3. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
4. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
5. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
6. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
7. What are some of the children's activities at home?
8. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
9. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
10. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a biography of Billy the Kid. Focus on key points mentioned by Adam Casey. Do you think Adam was fascinated by the man or the myth? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Adam's desire for education and to prove himself to the locals. Do you think part of Adam's demeanor came from his accident? How did the town officials view Adam? What did Adam do to try to gain respect? Did it work?
Essay Topic 3
Create a timeline of Lily Casey Smith's life. Include special events and important occurrences. Also choose three events and explain why they were significant in shaping Lily's life, career, and future.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)