|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time, Lily begins to think about which of the following?
2. How long is Jim gone?
3. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
4. Which of the following had worked with someone famous?
5. At this time Rosemary focuses on ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
2. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
3. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
4. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
5. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
6. How do the children react to their next school?
7. What are some of the children's activities at home?
8. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think will become of Rosemary? Do you think she and Rex will stay together? How will Rosemary's wild streak rub off on her daughters? Do you think motherhood will change Rosemary? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Adam's desire for education and to prove himself to the locals. Do you think part of Adam's demeanor came from his accident? How did the town officials view Adam? What did Adam do to try to gain respect? Did it work?
Essay Topic 3
Lily says that she plans to stick around for a long time to keep watch over the grandchildren. How do you think Little Jim and Rosemary feel about Lily's input? Does Lily feel that one are both are inept as parents? Do you think it is Lily's place to oversee the grandchildren? What kind of influence do you think Lily will have over the grandchildren? Explain.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)