|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does Lily purchase?
2. There is a humorous story about three ladies from _____.
3. Rosemary objects to Lily's request to ____.
4. Which movie star had the man worked with?
5. Which woman examined the children of the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
2. What are some of the activities the family undertakes while in Phoenix?
3. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
4. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
5. What is the next step in Lily's career?
6. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
7. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
8. How do the children react to their next school?
9. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
10. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lily and Adam Casey. Who is the wildest? Who is the most grounded? How is Lily like her father? Does Lily realize that she also has flights of fancy? Does Adam approve of Lily's choices? Examine the relationship between father and daughter.
Essay Topic 2
Lily believed that she could teach virtually any child until she had Rosemary. Explain why you think Lily was unable to teach Rosemary. What was Jim's role in Rosemary's education? Why do you think Rosemary was so wild and contrary? In what areas did Rosemary excel?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story based upon the characters in the story 5 or ten years in the future. Use as many details from the book as possible and also ensure that the backstory is clear so that new readers may understand the premise.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)