|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the couple have?
2. What does the family name their new pet?
3. There is a humorous story about three ladies from _____.
4. What word is used to describe the woman in Jim's office?
5. Where do Lily and Jim marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
2. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
3. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
4. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
5. What are some of the children's activities at home?
6. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
7. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
8. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
9. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
10. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story based upon the characters in the story 5 or ten years in the future. Use as many details from the book as possible and also ensure that the backstory is clear so that new readers may understand the premise.
Essay Topic 2
Give at least three examples of flashback as it is used in the story. Does the author make it clear or are the references vague? What is the purpose? Is it effective? Are there other instances and events that might benefit from the use of this technique? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lily believed that she could teach virtually any child until she had Rosemary. Explain why you think Lily was unable to teach Rosemary. What was Jim's role in Rosemary's education? Why do you think Rosemary was so wild and contrary? In what areas did Rosemary excel?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)