|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the couple have?
2. The AIC changes its name to _______ Ranch.
3. The next person to cause Lily problems is Deputy ____.
4. How long is Jim gone?
5. The brothers had an issue with which animal on their ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
2. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
3. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
4. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
5. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
6. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
7. What are some of the children's activities at home?
8. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
9. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
10. How do the children react to their next school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Lily's occupation as a teacher. How did Lily get started as a teacher? What was her earliest inspiration? Do you think it was a wise choice for Lily to become a teacher? Were her methods common or unorthodox? Explain. Also explain the issues Lily had with some of her employers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lily and Adam Casey. Who is the wildest? Who is the most grounded? How is Lily like her father? Does Lily realize that she also has flights of fancy? Does Adam approve of Lily's choices? Examine the relationship between father and daughter.
Essay Topic 3
Give at least three examples of flashback as it is used in the story. Does the author make it clear or are the references vague? What is the purpose? Is it effective? Are there other instances and events that might benefit from the use of this technique? Explain.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)