|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
2. Jim was fired because of ______.
3. The boy belongs to which tribe?
4. Which movie star had the man worked with?
5. The family lives in which town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children react to their next school?
2. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
3. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
4. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
5. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
6. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
7. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
8. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
9. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
10. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Adam's desire for education and to prove himself to the locals. Do you think part of Adam's demeanor came from his accident? How did the town officials view Adam? What did Adam do to try to gain respect? Did it work?
Essay Topic 2
Write a biography of Billy the Kid. Focus on key points mentioned by Adam Casey. Do you think Adam was fascinated by the man or the myth? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story based upon the characters in the story 5 or ten years in the future. Use as many details from the book as possible and also ensure that the backstory is clear so that new readers may understand the premise.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)