|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
2. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
3. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
4. What is Lily's first job in the city?
5. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
2. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
3. What is unusual about the school?
4. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
5. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
6. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
7. How is Salt Draw explained?
8. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
9. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
10. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a biography of Billy the Kid. Focus on key points mentioned by Adam Casey. Do you think Adam was fascinated by the man or the myth? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a timeline of Lily Casey Smith's life. Include special events and important occurrences. Also choose three events and explain why they were significant in shaping Lily's life, career, and future.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Little Jim and Rosemary. Who is the wildest? Who is the most grounded? Are the children close? Which is closer to his/her parents? How do you think the relationship will evolve as the siblings age? What do you think each thinks of the other's choices?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)