|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do the investors send to the children?
2. The investors wanted to sell the AIC to people from ____.
(b) New York.
3. Who was fired from the ranch along with Old Jim?
4. What is the name of the oldest child?
5. Which woman examined the children of the tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. The children create their own mode of transportation known as the _____.
2. Which woman spoke to the parents of the tribe about the children's education?
3. At this time Rosemary focuses on ____.
4. What is Lily's favorite modern convenience?
5. Fidel went to a state penitentiary in _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
2. What are some of the activities the family undertakes while in Phoenix?
3. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
4. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
5. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
6. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
7. How do the children react to their next school?
8. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
9. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
10. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)