|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily and Jim buy new _____.
2. What type of sandwich does Jim have for lunch?
(b) Peanut butter and Jelly.
(c) Cheese and onion.
3. Lily decides to take up which activity?
4. What religion was the majority of the community?
5. What is the name of the house Lily and Jim take over?
(d) Pine Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does Lily purchase?
2. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
3. What animal do the investors send to the children?
4. Who did they call for help?
5. The next person to cause Lily problems is Deputy ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
2. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
3. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
4. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
5. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
6. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
7. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
8. How do the children react to their next school?
9. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
10. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)