|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did they call for help?
2. During the summer, Lily worked ___ jobs.
3. Lily and Jim decide to move to ____.
(a) Ash Fork.
(d) Red Lake.
4. What did Lily cover to deter the man from bothering her at work?
(c) Her face.
5. How many sons does the deputy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The family suffered due to which event?
2. Lily begins to wonder if Jim is _____.
3. Lily and Jim buy new _____.
4. Jim was asked to help out during a _____.
5. Rosemary objects to Lily's request to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
2. What are some of the children's activities at home?
3. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
4. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
5. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
6. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
7. How do the children react to their next school?
8. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
9. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
10. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)