|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily encourages the children to avoid doing what?
(a) Sleeping late.
(b) Playing in the dirt.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Racing trains.
2. Lily is especially fond of which establishments?
(a) Gas stations.
(b) Toy stores.
3. What is the name of Lily's instructor?
4. At this time, Lily begins to think about which of the following?
(a) Buying a farm.
(c) Moving back to the ranch.
(d) Quitting her job.
5. How did the children feel about living in the city?
(a) Were curious about it.
(b) Hated it.
(c) Were afraid of it.
(d) Loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who usually goes along with Jim on trips?
2. What word is used to describe the woman in Jim's office?
3. What type of car does the family own?
4. The children create their own mode of transportation known as the _____.
5. Rosemary objects to Lily's request to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
2. How do the children react to their next school?
3. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
4. What causes Lily to get into trouble at school this time?
5. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
6. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
7. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
8. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
9. What are some of the children's activities at home?
10. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)