|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had worked with someone famous?
2. Jim was asked to help out during a _____.
3. Lily encourages the children to avoid doing what?
(a) Playing in the dirt.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Racing trains.
(d) Sleeping late.
4. During the summer, Lily worked ___ jobs.
5. Lily begins to wonder if Jim is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do for a living?
2. Which movie star had the man worked with?
3. After Jim returns home, people begin to refer to him as the ______ Cowboy.
4. Lily and Jim decide to move to ____.
5. What did Lily cover to deter the man from bothering her at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
2. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
3. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
4. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
5. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
6. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
7. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
8. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)