|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the brothers who bought a local ranch?
2. What does AIC stand for?
(a) Arizona Incubation Center Ranch.
(b) Arizona Incorporated Cattle Ranch.
(c) Arizona Incorporation for Cattle Research.
(d) Arizona Incarceration Center Research.
3. The women tell Lily that she needs to teach the children about ____.
(b) The world.
(c) Santa Claus.
4. What word is used to describe the woman in Jim's office?
5. What is the woman's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily gets into trouble for having ____ in school.
2. Where do Lily and Jim marry?
3. Who usually goes along with Jim on trips?
4. What are the names of the chestnut quarter horses?
5. Where does Jim work during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
2. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
3. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
4. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
5. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
6. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
7. What causes Lily to get into trouble at school this time?
8. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
9. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
10. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)