|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lily's instructor?
2. Who was fired from the ranch along with Old Jim?
3. What religion was the majority of the community?
4. The children create their own mode of transportation known as the _____.
(a) Choo Choo Trolley.
(b) Giddyup Buckboard.
(c) Go Cart.
(d) Wagon Wheel Express.
5. Jim was asked to help out during a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does the family own?
2. What does AIC stand for?
3. Who usually goes along with Jim on trips?
4. What is the woman's name?
5. At this time, Lily begins to think about which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the children's activities at home?
2. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
3. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
4. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
5. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
6. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
7. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
8. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
9. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
10. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)