|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily begins to wonder if Jim is _____.
2. Which movie star had the man worked with?
(a) Rock Hudson.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Jack Elam.
(d) John Wayne.
3. The family lives in which town?
(a) Red Pine.
(b) Willow Valley.
(c) Cherry Hill.
(d) Ash Fork.
4. The boy belongs to which tribe?
5. Jim was fired because of ______.
(d) His age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Jim gone?
2. Lily decides to take up which activity?
3. What religion was the majority of the community?
4. Lily decides to return to ____.
5. Lily has a run in with Uncle ___, a powerful member of the community.
Short Essay Questions
1. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
2. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
3. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
4. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
5. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
6. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
7. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
8. What are some of the children's activities at home?
9. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
10. What are some of the things that Lily likes most about Phoenix?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)