|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the brothers who bought a local ranch?
2. The children create their own mode of transportation known as the _____.
(a) Giddyup Buckboard.
(b) Choo Choo Trolley.
(c) Go Cart.
(d) Wagon Wheel Express.
3. What does AIC stand for?
(a) Arizona Incubation Center Ranch.
(b) Arizona Incorporation for Cattle Research.
(c) Arizona Incarceration Center Research.
(d) Arizona Incorporated Cattle Ranch.
4. The family suffered due to which event?
(a) New Deal.
(b) World War II.
(c) Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
5. Rosemary objects to Lily's request to ____.
(a) Go to school.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the family use to describe the investors?
2. What is the name of the oldest child?
3. How long is Jim gone?
4. Lily tells the children that she has to be like whose wife.
5. Who did they call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
2. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
3. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
4. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
5. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
6. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
7. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
8. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)