|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Lily purchase?
2. The next person to cause Lily problems is Deputy ____.
3. How many sons does the deputy have?
4. What religion was the majority of the community?
5. What nickname does the family use to describe the investors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did they call for help?
2. Lily begins to wonder if Jim is _____.
3. The family lives in which town?
4. Rosemary develops a crush on a boy named _____.
5. Jim was fired because of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
2. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
3. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
4. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
5. What is Lily's solution to the dire financial situation?
6. What happens when Lily accompanies Miss Pearl and Miss Finch to the Havasupai village?
7. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
8. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
9. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
10. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)