|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jim returns home, people begin to refer to him as the ______ Cowboy.
(b) High Falutin.
(d) Movie star.
2. What is the woman's name?
3. What are the names of the chestnut quarter horses?
(a) Socks and Blaze.
(b) Ralph and Pancho.
(c) George and Bucky.
(d) Red and Black.
4. The brothers had an issue with which animal on their ranch?
5. What kind of pet does the family adopt?
(c) Guinea pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily has a run in with Uncle ___, a powerful member of the community.
2. The brothers announce that they are going to sell the ranch to investors from ______.
3. Lily and Jim decide to move to ____.
4. What does AIC stand for?
5. What word is used to describe the woman in Jim's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lily's plan in regards to getting married and starting a family? How does the plan play out?
2. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
3. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
4. What causes Lily to spy on Jim? What occurs?
5. Where do Jim and Lily move after Jim is hired by AIC?
6. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
7. What are some of the activities the family undertakes while in Phoenix?
8. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)