|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The investors wanted to sell the AIC to people from ____.
(d) New York.
2. What type of car does the family own?
(b) Model T.
3. Which movie star had the man worked with?
(a) Rock Hudson.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Jack Elam.
(d) John Wayne.
4. Who did they call for help?
5. What is Lily's favorite modern convenience?
(b) Outside lights.
(c) Indoor plumbing.
(d) Electric range.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily tells the children that she has to be like whose wife.
2. The women tell Lily that she needs to teach the children about ____.
3. What is the last name of the brothers who bought a local ranch?
4. What animal do the investors send to the children?
5. Fidel went to a state penitentiary in _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
2. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
3. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
4. How do the children react to their next school?
5. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
6. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
7. What are some of the children's activities at home?
8. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
9. What causes Lily to get into trouble at school this time?
10. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)