|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What is Lily's favorite modern convenience?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(c) Electric range.
(d) Outside lights.
3. How long is Jim gone?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
4. The boy belongs to which tribe?
5. Jim was fired because of ______.
(c) His age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
2. Who was fired from the ranch along with Old Jim?
3. Which woman spoke to the parents of the tribe about the children's education?
4. During the summer, Lily worked ___ jobs.
5. What word is best used to describe the house's decor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
2. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
3. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
4. What event occurs to severely affect the family?
5. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
6. What are some of the activities the family undertakes while in Phoenix?
7. What causes Lily to get into trouble at school this time?
8. Who is the next person to cause problems for Lily? What happens?
9. How do the children react to their next school?
10. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)