|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lily at this time?
2. Which word could best be used to describe the Mother Superior?
3. Where is the old ranch located?
4. Lily meets a man named ____.
5. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(a) Wagon train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
2. What is the name of the oldest daughter?
3. Lily travels for _____ years.
4. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
5. What is Lily's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
2. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
3. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
4. How is Salt Draw explained?
5. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
6. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
7. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
8. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
9. What is unusual about the school?
10. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)