|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new home of the family?
(a) KC Ranch.
(b) Wichita Flats.
(c) Salt Draw.
(d) Honcho Hills.
2. Which company employs the man?
(b) Montgomery Ward.
3. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
(a) Red Lake.
(b) Red Fork.
(c) Red Valley.
(d) Red Pine.
4. What store does Lily hope to go to in order to shop?
(c) Montgomery Ward.
(d) Marshall Field's.
5. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
(a) Cleaning stalls.
(c) Training dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily is in what type of accident?
2. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
3. Lily applies to a teachers' college in which state?
4. What is the name of the nearby small town?
5. What is the name of Lily's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
2. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
3. What is unusual about the school?
4. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
5. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
6. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
7. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
8. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
9. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
10. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)