|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
(a) Water Heights.
(b) Wildnerness Pike.
(c) Low Lonesome.
(d) Salt Draw.
2. What type of tree is used for refuge?
3. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
(a) Red Valley.
(b) Red Fork.
(c) Red Pine.
(d) Red Lake.
4. Lily learns that her engagement ring is ____.
(c) His ex-wife's.
5. How many children are in the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily is eventually sent to The Sisters of ______ of Our Lady of the Light.
2. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
3. The father talks about what supernatural being?
4. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
5. Which company employs the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
2. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
3. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
4. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
5. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
6. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
7. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
8. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
9. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
10. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)