|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family that moves onto the ranch?
2. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
3. Lily is in what type of accident?
4. What is the name of Lily's father?
5. Where had this person lived until the visit?
(a) Hondo Valley.
(b) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family go to start over?
2. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
3. The father is particularly interested in which of the following?
4. What other natural disaster causes a large problem on the ranch?
5. Lily throws the ring _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
2. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
3. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
4. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
5. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
6. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
7. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
8. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
9. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
10. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)