|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
2. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
(c) Wild horses.
3. What type of natural disaster strikes the ranch first?
(d) Dust storm.
4. What is a Stetson?
5. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(b) Wagon train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nearby small town?
2. Where do Lily and her new husband live?
3. What is the name of Lily's mother?
4. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
5. Lily applies to a teachers' college in which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities do Jim and Lily take up outside of work?
2. Jim is asked for help during storm. What happens? What event follows?
3. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
4. What are Lily's instructions to the children when she returns to teaching? How do the children behave?
5. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
6. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
7. How do the children react to their next school?
8. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
9. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
10. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)