|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age of the oldest child?
2. What is Rooster's first name?
3. What is the name of Lily's mother?
4. The family had owned land in ____ Valley.
5. The friend dies in a ____ fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family's daughter?
2. How many steps does the miraculous staircase have?
3. Lily travels for _____ years.
4. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
5. What type of animal senses trouble in the first part?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
2. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
3. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
4. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
5. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
6. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
7. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
8. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
9. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
10. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)