|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Stetson?
2. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
3. Lily is eventually sent to The Sisters of ______ of Our Lady of the Light.
4. Who makes the sign of the cross?
5. What is Lily's new job?
(a) Ranch worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
2. How many steps does the miraculous staircase have?
3. The father talks about what supernatural being?
4. Lily is introduced to ___ Smith.
5. Mother Superior told Lily she should become which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the school?
2. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
3. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
4. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
5. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
6. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
7. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
8. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
9. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
10. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)