|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Lily's professional demeanor?
2. Lily is introduced to ___ Smith.
3. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
(a) German Shepherd.
(b) Labrador Retriever.
(d) Great Dane.
4. How old is Lily when she takes over?
5. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
(a) Navigate by the stars.
(c) Rope cattle.
(d) Fix cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooster's first name?
2. Which problem plagues the father?
3. What type of natural disaster strikes the ranch first?
4. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
5. The college is located in which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
2. How is Salt Draw explained?
3. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
4. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
5. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
6. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
7. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
8. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
9. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
10. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)