|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily is in what type of accident?
2. Where is the school located?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Fe.
(d) Dodge City.
3. Lily manages to get a(n) ______.
(c) Restraining order.
4. The friend dies in a ____ fire.
5. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
(a) Red Fire.
(b) Red Tornado.
(c) Red Devil.
(d) Red Wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
2. What is the last name of the family?
3. Where does the family go to start over?
4. What is the name of the oldest daughter?
5. Lily had intended to buy a new ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
2. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
3. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
4. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
5. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
6. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
7. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
8. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
9. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
10. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)