|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first lie Lily learns about her husband?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) He does not work away.
(c) He has children.
(d) He is older than he said.
2. Which company employs the man?
(a) Montgomery Ward.
3. How many steps does the miraculous staircase have?
4. Which word could best be used to describe the Mother Superior?
5. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
2. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
3. Lily applies to a teachers' college in which state?
4. How many children are in the family?
5. What type of horse is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
2. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
3. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
4. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
5. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
6. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
7. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
8. How is Salt Draw explained?
9. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
10. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)