|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of horse is it?
(d) Wild stallion.
2. What is the name of the woman who helps the family?
3. The father is fascinated with which character?
(a) Ma Barker.
(b) Annie Oakley.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Doc Holliday.
4. What is the age of the oldest child?
5. How old is Lily when she takes over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
2. What is the name of the family that moves onto the ranch?
3. Who comes to visit Lily?
4. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
5. What is Lily's first job in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
2. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
3. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
4. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
5. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
6. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
7. What is unusual about the school?
8. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
9. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
10. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)