|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had this person lived until the visit?
(a) Hondo Valley.
(b) Santa Fe.
2. Which company employs the man?
(b) Montgomery Ward.
3. Where is the old ranch located?
4. The father is particularly interested in which of the following?
5. Lily learns that her engagement ring is ____.
(b) His ex-wife's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily is introduced to ___ Smith.
2. Who makes the sign of the cross?
3. What is Lily's first job in the city?
4. What is the age of the oldest child?
5. What is the first lie Lily learns about her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
2. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
3. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
4. What is unusual about the school?
5. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
6. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
7. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
8. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
9. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
10. How is Salt Draw explained?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)