|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
(b) Wild horses.
2. Lily feels she is no longer needed at the ranch so she moves to which metropolitan city?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) Santa Fe.
3. Lily meets a man named ____.
4. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(d) Wagon train.
5. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Hoover Dam.
(c) Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) Colorado River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
2. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
3. The father talks about what supernatural being?
4. What type of natural disaster strikes the ranch first?
5. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the first signs of Rosemary's sometimes overly compassionate heart?
2. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
3. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
4. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
5. How does Helen's death affect Lily? What changes does the death prompt in Lily's life?
6. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
7. Jim and Lily lose their house and land. The couple plans to move to California where they know jobs are still available. What causes the couple to stay in Arizona?
8. What activities do Jim and Lily take up outside of work?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)