|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Old Man ____ is the name of the man who kills the dogs.
2. What is the name of the family's daughter?
3. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
4. What is the name of Buster's wife?
5. The college is located in which city?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
2. What is the name of the only son?
3. What is the name of the nearby small town?
4. What is Lily's new job?
5. What is the name of the Mother Superior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
2. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
3. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
4. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
5. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
6. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
7. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
8. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
9. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
10. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)