|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
(b) Great Dane.
(c) German Shepherd.
(d) Labrador Retriever.
2. What is the name of the oldest daughter?
3. How old is Lily at this time?
4. What is the name of the only son?
5. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
(a) Red Valley.
(b) Red Lake.
(c) Red Pine.
(d) Red Fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
2. How old is Buster when he is sent off to school?
3. Lily feels she is no longer needed at the ranch so she moves to which metropolitan city?
4. What is the name of Lily's mother?
5. What is the age of the oldest child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
2. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
3. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
4. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
5. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
6. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
7. What is unusual about the school?
8. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
9. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
10. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)