|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen refers to her each of her beaus as Mr. _____.
2. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
3. What is Rooster's last name?
4. What trick does Lily use to keep the other children awake during the disaster?
(a) Telling scary stories.
(c) Quizzing them.
(d) Splashing them with water.
5. Which company employs the man?
(c) Montgomery Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father is particularly interested in which of the following?
2. Which problem plagues the father?
3. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
4. What is a Stetson?
5. What is the name of Buster's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Salt Draw explained?
2. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
3. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
4. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
5. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
6. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
7. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
8. What is unusual about the school?
9. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
10. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)