|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
(a) Cleaning stalls.
(b) Training dogs.
2. What store does Lily hope to go to in order to shop?
(b) Marshall Field's.
(d) Montgomery Ward.
3. How many miles away is the town?
4. What is Lily's new job?
(d) Ranch worker.
5. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Hoover Dam.
(b) Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Grand Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Buster's wife?
2. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
3. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
4. What is the name of the woman who helps the family?
5. Where do Lily and her new husband live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
2. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
3. How is Salt Draw explained?
4. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
5. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
6. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
7. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
8. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
9. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
10. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)