|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
2. What is the name of the Mother Superior?
(b) Mary Margaret.
(d) Mary Catherine.
3. How old is Lily at this time?
4. What type of animal senses trouble in the first part?
5. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family's daughter?
2. What trick does Lily use to keep the other children awake during the disaster?
3. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
4. What is the name of Lily's father?
5. Which of the following is best used to describe Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
2. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
3. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
4. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
5. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
6. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
7. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
8. What is unusual about the school?
9. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
10. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)