|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the school from the ranch?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. What is the name of the only son?
3. Lily learns that her engagement ring is ____.
(d) His ex-wife's.
4. What is the name of Ted's wife?
5. Which of the following is best used to describe Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of the oldest child?
2. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
3. What is the name of Lily's mother?
4. What type of tree is used for refuge?
5. What is the man's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
2. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
3. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
4. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
5. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
6. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
7. How is Lily's career shaped over the next several years?
8. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
9. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
10. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)