|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
(a) Red Fork.
(b) Red Pine.
(c) Red Lake.
(d) Red Valley.
2. What is Rooster's first name?
3. Who makes the sign of the cross?
4. The family had owned land in ____ Valley.
5. What word is best used to describe Lily's professional demeanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooster's last name?
2. The friend dies in a ____ fire.
3. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
4. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
5. Lily feels she is no longer needed at the ranch so she moves to which metropolitan city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
2. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
3. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
4. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
5. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
6. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
7. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
8. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
9. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
10. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)