|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the school located?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Dodge City.
(d) Santa Fe.
2. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
3. What is Lily's new job?
(a) Ranch worker.
4. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
(a) Red Pine.
(b) Red Lake.
(c) Red Fork.
(d) Red Valley.
5. How many students does Lily have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first lie Lily learns about her husband?
2. The father is fascinated with which character?
3. Where is the old ranch located?
4. Where do Lily and her new husband live?
5. What is Lily's first job in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
2. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
3. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
4. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
5. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
6. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
7. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
8. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
9. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
10. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)