|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
2. What is the name of the family that moves onto the ranch?
3. Lily feels she is no longer needed at the ranch so she moves to which metropolitan city?
(a) Santa Fe.
(c) St. Louis.
4. Lily learns that her engagement ring is ____.
(b) His ex-wife's.
5. What is the name of the family's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily travels for _____ years.
2. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
3. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
4. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
5. What does Smith do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Salt Draw explained?
2. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
3. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
4. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
5. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
6. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
7. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
8. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
9. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
10. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)