|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children are in the family?
2. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
(a) Low Lonesome.
(b) Wildnerness Pike.
(c) Water Heights.
(d) Salt Draw.
3. The father is fascinated with which character?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Doc Holliday.
(c) Ma Barker.
(d) Annie Oakley.
4. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
(a) Navigate by the stars.
(b) Rope cattle.
(d) Fix cars.
5. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
(a) Cleaning stalls.
(b) Training dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company employs the man?
2. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
3. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
4. What is Rooster's first name?
5. What is the name of the family's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
2. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
3. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
4. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
5. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
6. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
7. What is unusual about the school?
8. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
9. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
10. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)