|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Stetson?
2. The father is fascinated with which character?
(a) Ma Barker.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Doc Holliday.
(d) Annie Oakley.
3. What type of natural disaster strikes the ranch first?
(c) Dust storm.
4. Where had this person lived until the visit?
(a) Santa Fe.
(c) Hondo Valley.
5. What does Smith do for a living?
(c) Ranch foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's first job in the city?
2. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
3. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
4. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
5. How old is Lily when she takes over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the issues with Adam Casey? How does Adam make up for his shortcomings?
2. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
3. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
4. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
5. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
6. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
7. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
8. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
9. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
10. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)