|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(a) Wagon train.
2. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
(a) Water Heights.
(b) Wildnerness Pike.
(c) Salt Draw.
(d) Low Lonesome.
3. What store does Lily hope to go to in order to shop?
(a) Marshall Field's.
(b) Montgomery Ward.
4. What is the name of the youngest child?
5. What event permitted Lily to leave the ranch?
(a) Daisy died.
(d) Ranch burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
2. The college is located in which city?
3. Which word could best be used to describe the Mother Superior?
4. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
5. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lily concerned with Helen? What is the plan for Helen's future?
2. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
3. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
4. What happens when Lily decides to take the test for her temporary teacher's certificate?
5. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
6. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
7. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
8. Lily decides to leave the ranch again. What is her plan?
9. What are the educational goals of the children? How are those goals addressed?
10. How does Lily react when her father suggests that the children were saved by divine intervention? How does Lily explain saving Helen and Buster?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)