|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
2. What type of horse is it?
(a) Wild stallion.
3. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
4. What does Smith do for a living?
(d) Ranch foreman.
5. The father is known for his flights of fancy. Lily says, "I sat there, ignoring Dad's prattle about _______ schemes."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lily when she takes over?
2. Lily manages to get a(n) ______.
3. Where is the old ranch located?
4. What type of natural disaster strikes the ranch first?
5. Mother Superior told Lily she should become which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
2. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
3. What is Lily's philosophy about teaching children?
4. Who confront Lily at school? What is the outcome?
5. What activities do Jim and Lily take up outside of work?
6. Explain Lily's return to KC Ranch.
7. Describe Lily's summer jobs and at least one event that occurs at that time.
8. What is Lily's plan for taking flying lessons? Who is her instructor?
9. What are some of Lily's luxuries when she and Jim move to Phoenix?
10. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)