|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students does Lily have?
2. Lily applies to a teachers' college in which state?
(d) New Mexico.
3. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Grand Canyon.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Hoover Dam.
4. What is the name of the youngest child?
5. What is the name of the new home of the family?
(a) KC Ranch.
(b) Wichita Flats.
(c) Honcho Hills.
(d) Salt Draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
2. How old is Buster when he is sent off to school?
3. What is the name of the oldest daughter?
4. Lily throws the ring _____.
5. It became Lily's job to oversee ____ workers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
2. What is the first unusual thing that happens when the family arrives in Hondo Valley?
3. Explain what occurs on Lily's return to Red Lake? Who challenges Lily? How is the situation handled?
4. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
5. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
6. Where does Lily go to school? Who is in charge of the school?
7. What is the test Lily must pass to retrieve her paycheck? What is the outcome?
8. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
9. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
10. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)