|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family's daughter?
2. What is a Stetson?
3. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
4. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
(a) Training dogs.
(d) Cleaning stalls.
5. How old is Lily when she takes over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school located?
2. What is the name of the nearby small town?
3. Lily is in what type of accident?
4. Lily meets a man named ____.
5. What is the name of the region where the family lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lily go after leaving the ranch? What prompts her choice?
2. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
3. What must be done in order to operate a ranch of this size? What was Lily's role in running the ranch?
4. Explain Lily's college experience. What are some of her trials and victories?
5. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
6. What is the name of the new ranch? How is it different from High Lonesome?
7. What are Lily's responsibilities on the ranch?
8. What natural disaster occurs that causes the family to abandon High Lonesome? What damage is caused?
9. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
10. What are the conditions of the Casey family ranch?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)