|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(c) Wagon train.
2. The father talks about what supernatural being?
(b) Guardian angel.
3. What is the name of Lily's mother?
4. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
(a) German Shepherd.
(c) Labrador Retriever.
(d) Great Dane.
5. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Hoover Dam.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Grand Canyon.
(d) Golden Gate Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nearby small town?
2. The family had owned land in ____ Valley.
3. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
4. What is the name of the only son?
5. Where do Lily and her new husband live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lily's job at the end of World War I?
2. Adam manages to make free time for his extra curricular activities. What are Lily's opinions about her father's whims?
3. What prompts Lily to leave the ranch?
4. What causes Lily to get into trouble at school this time?
5. What is the purpose for the contact between Adam and Lily? What is Adam's request?
6. Why does Lily return to KC Ranch? What has changed since her last visit?
7. Why does Lily return to the ranch? What happens when she returns?
8. What was the first indication that there was trouble brewing?
9. Describe the next few years of the couple's life together.
10. What is the first major incident that happens in the story?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)