|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lily and Jim sent the children to ______.
(a) KC Ranch.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Jim's mother's house.
2. Who did they call for help?
3. How did the children feel about living in the city?
(a) Loved it.
(b) Were curious about it.
(c) Were afraid of it.
(d) Hated it.
4. What is the name of the county where the family lived before moving to Phoenix?
5. Lily and Jim buy new _____.
6. Lily has a run in with Uncle ___, a powerful member of the community.
7. Lily is especially fond of which establishments?
(a) Toy stores.
(d) Gas stations.
8. Lily decides to return to ____.
(b) KC Ranch.
9. What is the name of the house Lily and Jim take over?
(c) Pine Ridge.
10. What does AIC stand for?
(a) Arizona Incarceration Center Research.
(b) Arizona Incorporation for Cattle Research.
(c) Arizona Incorporated Cattle Ranch.
(d) Arizona Incubation Center Ranch.
11. Lily begins to wonder if Jim is _____.
12. What word is best used to describe Rosemary?
13. What is the name of Lily's instructor?
14. What nickname does the family use to describe the investors?
15. Lily encourages the children to avoid doing what?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Racing trains.
(d) Playing in the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman spoke to the parents of the tribe about the children's education?
2. What animal do the investors send to the children?
3. What are the names of the chestnut quarter horses?
4. How many children does the couple have?
5. Which movie star had the man worked with?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)