|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lily when she takes over?
2. Which word could best be used to describe the Mother Superior?
3. What is Rooster's first name?
4. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
5. What is the name of the nearby small town?
6. What type of tree is used for refuge?
7. It became Lily's job to oversee ____ workers.
(d) Day labor.
8. How many students does Lily have?
9. Lily learns that her engagement ring is ____.
(d) His ex-wife's.
10. What does the family see upon arriving in the new location?
(c) Wild horses.
11. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
12. What store does Lily hope to go to in order to shop?
(a) Marshall Field's.
(b) Montgomery Ward.
13. What is Lily's new job?
(c) Ranch worker.
14. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Hoover Dam.
(b) Grand Canyon.
(c) Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) Colorado River.
15. Lily is introduced to ___ Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The oldest child is gifted in regards to working with ____.
2. What is the name of Lily's first true friend?
3. What is the name of the new home of the family?
4. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
5. Where does the family go to start over?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)