|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lily's father?
2. What does Smith do for a living?
(a) Ranch foreman.
3. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
4. Lily surprises the men by being good at ____.
(c) Cleaning stalls.
(d) Training dogs.
5. How old is Lily at this time?
6. Lily is in what type of accident?
7. What is the name of Buster's wife?
8. Lily began to take day trips to which landmark?
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Hoover Dam.
(c) Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) Colorado River.
9. What word is best used to describe Lily's professional demeanor?
10. Lily meets a man named ____.
11. Which company employs the man?
(d) Montgomery Ward.
12. How old is Buster when he is sent off to school?
13. What is the name of Ted's wife?
14. What is the name of the horse Lily breaks?
(a) Red Fire.
(b) Red Tornado.
(c) Red Devil.
(d) Red Wind.
15. The friend dies in a ____ fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smith teaches Lily how to ____.
2. The family had owned land in ____ Valley.
3. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
4. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
5. Who makes the sign of the cross?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)