|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the school located?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) Dodge City.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What type of animal is trained at the ranch?
3. Where do Lily and her new husband live?
(a) Boarding house.
(b) With friends.
(d) With his parents.
4. What is the name of Lily's first true friend?
5. What type of dog was purchased using Lily's tuition money?
(a) German Shepherd.
(b) Great Dane.
(c) Labrador Retriever.
6. What is the name of the nearby small town?
7. Which of Lily's family members commits suicide?
8. It became Lily's job to oversee ____ workers.
(d) Day labor.
9. What is the name of Buster's wife?
10. What is the name of Lily's new friend?
11. What trick does Lily use to keep the other children awake during the disaster?
(a) Quizzing them.
(b) Splashing them with water.
(d) Telling scary stories.
12. What part of the convent school is considered to be unusual?
13. How far is the school from the ranch?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
14. What is Lily's first job in the city?
(a) Sales clerk.
(c) Newspaper editor.
15. What mode of transportation does Lily use to return home?
(a) Wagon train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Lily lives?
2. The father is particularly interested in which of the following?
3. How old is Buster when he is sent off to school?
4. What color is Lily's silk shirt?
5. What is the name of the family that moves onto the ranch?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)