• A flash flood plagues Salt Draw.
• The Casey family ranch is flooded.
• Lily saves her siblings.
• Lily shows her resourcefulness.
• The region is described.
• The farm set up is reviewed.
• Adam needs help from Lily to run the farm although she is a child.
• Adam is obsessed with education and harebrained schemes.
• A tornado damages the house.
• The family decides to go to New Mexico.
• The family arrives in Hondo Valley, New Mexico.
• The new ranch is named KC Ranch.
• Buster is sent off to school.
• After a long wait, Lily is sent to school.
• Adam does not want Lily to go because he needs her on the ranch.
• Adam continues to work on his biography of Billy the Kid.
• Lily loves the school and makes friends with Mother Albertina.
• Mother Albertina tells Lily she should become a teacher.
• Adam uses Lily's tuition to buy Great...
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)