* A flash flood plagues Salt Draw.
* The Casey family ranch is flooded.
* Lily saves her siblings.
* Lily shows her resourcefulness.
* The region is described.
* The farm set up is reviewed.
* Adam needs help from Lily to run the farm although she is a child.
* Adam is obsessed with education and harebrained schemes.
* A tornado damages the house.
* The family decides to go to New Mexico.
* The family arrives in Hondo Valley, New Mexico.
* The new ranch is named KC Ranch.
* Buster is sent off to school.
* After a long wait, Lily is sent to school.
* Adam does not want Lily to go because he needs her on the ranch.
* Adam continues to work on his biography of Billy the Kid.
* Lily loves the school and makes friends with Mother Albertina.
* Mother Albertina tells Lily she should become a teacher.
* Adam uses Lily's tuition to buy Great...
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)