|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song Paddy sings at the end of the first scene?
(a) My Home Back Home.
(b) The Stoker's Wife.
(c) Lincoln of Green.
(d) Muler of Dee.
2. What does Long call Mildred?
(a) A horse face.
(b) A patronising piebald.
(c) A bloody cow.
(d) A frigid cow.
3. What did Mildred study at university?
4. What does Yank shout at the "Belfast bum" for doing?
(a) Doing nothing.
(b) Talking too loudly.
(c) Closing the furnace door.
(d) Pulling on the whistle.
5. How does O'Neill describe Mildred's aunt?
(a) Fun and jovial.
(b) Gentle and loving.
(c) Selfish and uncaring.
(d) Pompous and proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yank say Mildred thinks she can get away with?
2. What does the author compare the mens' throats to?
3. What Irish city does Yank mention in the third scene?
4. What does Yank say is his favorite climate?
5. What does Yank tell the men to pile the furnace with?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)