|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the floor of the church where Helen's father's memorial was held?
2. In Chapter 17, what color did White decide to paint the kitchen door?
3. What did Stuart offer to fly with Helen in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 28, how many pairs of trousers did Helen say she had torn to shreds when hawking?
5. How much of the British rabbit population was killed by a virus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mabel start to act when he had been eating nothing but quail for a week?
2. What did Helen remember about lobstering with Erin's family?
3. Why wasn't Helen depending solely on a bell to track Mabel when she flew free?
4. How did Mabel begin to act when she came into yarak?
5. Why did White make a trap in Chapter 16?
6. What was the falconer's trick that was used to stop a hawk from feeling that she had been robbed of her prize?
7. How did Mabel respond when Helen let her fly free in Chapter 18?
8. How was Mabel acting in Chapter 25 when Helen took her up the hill?
9. What die Helen see in the dry valley in Chapter 28?
10. Why did Helen put a rabbit out of its misery in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen learned about community and friendship in Chapter 27. What did Helen learn about community and friendship and how did that knowledge help her as she continued to heal?
Essay Topic 2
White felt reborn after lying in the "grave" he made for himself to wait for Gos to return. What was the "grave" and why did it help White discard some things from his past and help him become a new man?
Essay Topic 3
Helen attended a country fair in Chapter 22. What gamut of emotions did she go through at first? How did she make peace and become comfortable with being at the fair and being around so many people?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)