|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did White write the conclusion to "The Once and Future King"?
2. What type of house did Helen pass when she was chasing Mabel in Chapter 25?
3. In Chapter 21, when did a rabbit virus arrive in Britain?
4. How large is the bell that the author attaches at the base of Mabel's tail in Chapter 15?
(a) Size of a paddle ball.
(b) Size of a grape.
(c) Size of a pea.
(d) Size of an acorn.
5. In Chapter 17, what could the author hear a woman calling in the night?
(a) Peter! Peter!
(b) Adam! Adam!
(c) Billy! Billy!
(d) William! William!
Short Answer Questions
1. By the late 1980s, how many California condors remained?
2. In Chapter 19, what prey did Mabel catch after the author flushed it for her?
3. What was the name of the country fair that Stuart asked Helen to attend in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 24, what time did the author say that she woke every morning?
5. What type of hawks did White see in Three Parks Wood in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Helen put a rabbit out of its misery in Chapter 21?
2. How did Helen get ready to go to an art gallery in Chapter 19?
3. What was the new house like that Helen moved to in Chapter 20?
4. Why wasn't Helen depending solely on a bell to track Mabel when she flew free?
5. How did Helen feel when she got ready to give the eulogy for her father at the memorial service?
6. In Chapter 28, how were the fields near Helen's mother's house different from the fields where Helen flew Mabel in Cambridge?
7. Why did White cry during his birthday in India when he received a wooden play-castle?
8. How did Mabel catch a rabbit with Helen's help in Chapter 22?
9. What happened when Helen's father photographed an unfamiliar plane when he was nine or ten?
10. What did Helen remember about lobstering with Erin's family?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)