|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what birds were in the hedges?
(b) Baltic blackbirds.
2. What poem did Helen remember reading during the first years she was slogging through her degree?
(a) "Sir Orfeo."
(b) "Huon of Bordeaux."
(c) "King Horn."
(d) "The Owl and the Nightingale."
3. In Chapter 28, in what type of tree did Mabel try to catch a grey squirrel?
4. In Chapter 18, what did White tie to all the places where Gos had been in an effort to get Gos back?
5. In Chapter 16, what did White plan to put in a trap he made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described falconry as a kind of "high-intensity birdwatching"?
2. What color feathers did the bird have that the author saw in a glass box in an art gallery in Chapter 19?
3. What poem did Alastair Campbell read during Helen's father's memorial service?
4. In Chapter 25, how far did Mabel clock a pile of woodpigeons on a plough?
5. In Chapter 21, when did a rabbit virus arrive in Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did White make a trap in Chapter 16?
2. Why wasn't Helen depending solely on a bell to track Mabel when she flew free?
3. How did Mabel start to act when he had been eating nothing but quail for a week?
4. What happened when Helen's father photographed an unfamiliar plane when he was nine or ten?
5. Why did Helen find it odd that she could hunt?
6. What happened when Helen chased Mabel across a lawn in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 24, what did Helen do with Mabel in the evenings?
8. How did Mabel catch a rabbit with Helen's help in Chapter 22?
9. What was the falconer's trick that was used to stop a hawk from feeling that she had been robbed of her prize?
10. Why did Helen put a rabbit out of its misery in Chapter 21?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)