|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage did the author see when she went to get coffee in Chapter 17?
(a) Plants pulled in the park.
(b) Windows smashed on a store.
(c) Garbage cans tipped over.
(d) A car with a front bumper smashed.
2. How long were the days in Chapter 26?
(a) 5 1/2 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
3. In Chapter 18, what did White tie to all the places where Gos had been in an effort to get Gos back?
4. What business did Scott McNeff run?
(a) Manufacturing plant.
(c) Sporting goods store.
(d) Ice-cream emporium.
5. Before Mabel, where did the author buy her falconry bells?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Helen at the beginning of Chapter 28?
2. Where was White in 1939 hiding from the war?
3. In Chapter 25 when Helen went into Cambridge where did she like to park?
4. In Chapter 21, what did Helen see walkers gathered around as she drove back to the house after a hunt?
5. How many falconers were in German at the time Britain was invited to attend the International Hunting Exhibition in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the new house like that Helen moved to in Chapter 20?
2. Why did Helen find it odd that she could hunt?
3. What happened when Helen chased Mabel across a lawn in Chapter 25?
4. Why were bells used in falconry and where were they placed on the bird?
5. How did Helen get ready to go to an art gallery in Chapter 19?
6. How did Mabel start to act when he had been eating nothing but quail for a week?
7. What happened when Helen's father photographed an unfamiliar plane when he was nine or ten?
8. What type of education did White give Wart in his book "The Sword in the Stone"?
9. In Chapter 24, what did Helen do with Mabel in the evenings?
10. What die Helen see in the dry valley in Chapter 28?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)