|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 15, in what direction from the city did Stuart and Helen go to fly Mabel?
2. What color was the floor of the church where Helen's father's memorial was held?
(c) Black and white.
3. In Chapter 25, where did Helen say that she met Erin?
4. What was the name of the main character in White's book "The Sword in the Stone"?
5. In Chapter 20, who told White that there were agitated rooks in the nearby woods?
(a) Mrs. White.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sir Thomas Sherley write that flying falcons turned one's eyes to the heavens?
2. By the late 1980s, how many California condors remained?
3. In Chapter 17, what was the weather like when Gos broke free and flew from the barn?
4. During the memorial, how old did Helen think her father was in the story she told about him spotting an RAF plane?
5. How many engines did the plane have that Helen saw when she was out with Mabel in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did White believe that death waited for Gos when the bird got free?
2. Why did Helen find it odd that she could hunt?
3. What was the new house like that Helen moved to in Chapter 20?
4. How was hunting in Maine different from hunting in England?
5. How did the author feel about death for many years?
6. How cold was it at the beginning of Chapter 26?
7. How did Mabel start to act when he had been eating nothing but quail for a week?
8. Why wasn't Helen depending solely on a bell to track Mabel when she flew free?
9. In Chapter 28, how were the fields near Helen's mother's house different from the fields where Helen flew Mabel in Cambridge?
10. How was Mabel acting in Chapter 25 when Helen took her up the hill?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)