|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the landscape the author had come to love very much?
(a) 15 minutes south-west of Westminster.
(b) West of London.
(c) 45 minutes north-east of Cambridge.
(d) Near Bristol.
2. How much weight could make a difference in how Helen's merlins flew?
(a) 1/8 ounce.
(b) 1/2 ounce.
(c) 1/3 ounce.
(d) 1/6 ounce.
3. What time did White's bird step onto his fist and feed?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 3:05 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 1:10 p.m.
4. What did the author mention that White drank at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 6, how much did White's rented cottage cost him weekly?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 4 shillings.
(c) 8 shillings.
(d) 6 shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the Goshawk?
2. What was the name of White's dog?
3. In Chapter 9, how many days pass as the author had the hawk almost constantly on her fist?
4. What color was the skin of the author's hawk near her beak?
5. In Chapter 13, how many years had Helen been a Cambridge Fellow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author have to do to train her hawk?
2. How did the author describe the landscape she loved very much?
3. How did Simon Latham describe goshawks in 1615?
4. How did the author describe how her meeting with the falconer looked in Chapter 5?
5. Why was White pleased with himself at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. How did the author describe the cyclist who stopped to speak to her when she was walking Mabel?
7. Why did the schoolboys he taught look up to White?
8. How did Helen feel as she left home at the beginning of Chapter 11?
9. What was a "tiring"?
10. What artwork did the author describe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)