|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight could make a difference in how Helen's merlins flew?
(a) 1/8 ounce.
(b) 1/6 ounce.
(c) 1/2 ounce.
(d) 1/3 ounce.
2. What time did White's bird step onto his fist and feed?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 1:10 p.m.
(c) 3:05 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
3. During White's first night with his hawk, where did he set it loose?
(a) In his living room.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In a glassed-in porch.
4. What color plumes did Wart grow?
5. In Chapter 12, where is the man from that Helen speaks to when she is out walking with her hawk?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what color eyes did the goshawks have?
2. In Chapter 4, who authored the book White read about falconry?
3. In Chapter 11, how men men did Helen hide from behind a tree trunk?
4. In Chapter 14, what types of birds did Mabel seem to look at in a book?
5. Where was the landscape the author had come to love very much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a "tiring"?
2. How did the author describe her hotel room in Chapter 5?
3. What artwork did the author describe in Chapter 6?
4. What did the author have to do to train her hawk?
5. Why did the schoolboys he taught look up to White?
6. How did the author describe how her meeting with the falconer looked in Chapter 5?
7. How did Mabel change once she attained her flying weight?
8. Why did the author say that everything about the hawk was turned to hunt and kill?
9. In Chapter 2, what did the waiter do when Helen did not eat?
10. Where had Helen traveled with an Uzbek student?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)