|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author watch over and over again after her father died?
(a) Father, Dear Father.
(b) A Family at War.
(c) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
(d) Within These Walls.
2. In Chapter 1, when did the author say that the winds blew the ground into a yellow cloud that obscured the sun?
3. What did the author drive in Chapter 1?
(a) Mini Cooper.
4. Where did the author's father die?
(a) St. Andrews' Hospital.
(b) St. Thomas' Hospital.
(c) At church.
(d) At home.
5. According to the author in Chapter 1, in what season might someone be able to see a goshawk on a still, clear morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Helen a job offer for the winter in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 14, how many yards did Helen want Mabel to fly before she would turn her loose?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. From what time did the word jess originate?
5. In Chapter 14, what did a woman do that made Helen furious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What artwork did the author describe in Chapter 6?
2. What did the author have to do to train her hawk?
3. What journey did White's goshawk take to him?
4. What was White's childhood like?
5. How are sparrowhawks and goshawks alike and unalike?
6. Why did the schoolboys he taught look up to White?
7. How did Mabel change once she attained her flying weight?
8. Why was the author terrified in Chapter 3?
9. What was a "tiring"?
10. What terrible sin did White commit when training his bird?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)