|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when did the author say that she ended up in the Brecklands?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) 12 months ago.
(c) 7 years ago.
(d) 8 months ago.
2. In Chapter 14, by the fourth day of training, how far is Mabel flying to Helen?
(a) 35 yards.
(b) 25 yards.
(c) 15 yards.
(d) 50 yards.
3. In Chapter 4, who authored the book White read about falconry?
(a) Captain GIlbert Blaine.
(b) Philip Glasier.
(c) Gage Earle Freeman.
(d) Gerald Lascellas.
4. In Chapter 11, how men men did Helen hide from behind a tree trunk?
5. What color plumes did Wart grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did White's bird step onto his fist and feed?
2. In Chapter 9, what creature did the author compare the hawk to when the author said the hawk seemed alien?
3. In Chapter 3, when had the author convinced herself that she was pretty much back to normal?
4. In Chapter 14, how many yards did Helen want Mabel to fly before she would turn her loose?
5. In Chapter 11, what type of bird feather did Helen see by the path?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Christina react when Helen asked her to help train Mabel?
2. What journey did White's goshawk take to him?
3. How did the author describe the landscape she loved very much?
4. What terrible sin did White commit when training his bird?
5. Why did White overfeed his hawk?
6. How did the author describe her hotel room in Chapter 5?
7. Why did the author say that everything about the hawk was turned to hunt and kill?
8. In Chapter 2, what did the waiter do when Helen did not eat?
9. How did Mabel change once she attained her flying weight?
10. How did the author describe how her meeting with the falconer looked in Chapter 5?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)