|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did Stuart discover was Mabel's flying weight?
(a) 14 ounces.
(b) 15 ounces.
(c) 14.5 ounces
(d) 15.5 ounces.
2. What color feathers did the bird have that the author saw in a glass box in an art gallery in Chapter 19?
3. When Helen set Mabel free in Chapter 18, what type of tree did Mabel perch in?
4. During the memorial, how old did Helen think her father was in the story she told about him spotting an RAF plane?
(a) 7 or 8.
(b) 9 or 10.
5. Who described falconry as a kind of "high-intensity birdwatching"?
(b) Professor Tom Cade.
(c) Dr. Andrew Carruthers.
(d) T. H. White.
6. In what type of tree did Gos get entangled in Chapter 16?
7. In Chapter 25, when did Scott McNeff say that the deer hunt began in Maine?
8. Where had Helen bought the dress she wore to her father's memorial?
(d) The Emporium.
9. How many falconers were in German at the time Britain was invited to attend the International Hunting Exhibition in Germany?
(c) About 60.
(d) No more than 55.
10. What type of hawk did Helen see sitting on an overhead stoplight in Chapter 27?
(a) Red-tailed hawk.
(b) Gray hawk.
(c) Cooper's Hawk.
(d) Rough-legged hawk.
11. What type of tree did Mabel swing up into after chasing a rabbit at the beginning of Chapter 25?
12. In Chapter 20 in a field on the other side of town, how long did it take Mabel to catch a rabbit?
(a) Less than a minute.
(b) 1 1/2 minutes.
(c) 2 1/2 minutes.
(d) About 2 minutes.
13. In Chapter 24, what did the doctor look like that Helen went to see?
(a) Large and blonde.
(b) Dark-haired with a neat beard.
(c) Blonde-haired with blue eyes.
(d) Tall and red-haired.
14. In Chapter 20, who told White that there were agitated rooks in the nearby woods?
(d) Mrs. White.
15. In Chapter 25 when Helen went into Cambridge where did she like to park?
(a) Multi-story car park.
(b) In back of the library.
(c) By a fountain.
(d) Next to a park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what color was Greg's barbary falcon?
2. In Chapter 18, what did White tie to all the places where Gos had been in an effort to get Gos back?
3. In Chapter 21, when did a rabbit virus arrive in Britain?
4. In Chapter 21, what did Helen see walkers gathered around as she drove back to the house after a hunt?
5. How many minutes did Helen sob as the doctor talked about medication in Chapter 24?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)