|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what could the author hear a woman calling in the night?
(a) Adam! Adam!
(b) Billy! Billy!
(c) Peter! Peter!
(d) William! William!
2. How long were the days in Chapter 26?
(a) 5 1/2 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
3. In Chapter 21, what did Helen see walkers gathered around as she drove back to the house after a hunt?
4. In Chapter 18 after forty minutes, how far were Helen and Christina from Helen's house because of a traffic accident?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1/2 mile.
5. By the late 1980s, how many California condors remained?
6. What poem did Alastair Campbell read during Helen's father's memorial service?
(a) "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud."
(b) "A Night Thought."
(c) "The Word is too Much With Us."
(d) "Composed upon Westminster Bridge."
7. What type of tree did Mabel swing up into after chasing a rabbit at the beginning of Chapter 25?
8. What type of house did Helen pass when she was chasing Mabel in Chapter 25?
9. How many days of enforced rest had Mabel endured before being let out in Chapter 26 on a cold winter day?
10. In Chapter 25 when Helen went into Cambridge where did she like to park?
(a) In back of the library.
(b) Multi-story car park.
(c) By a fountain.
(d) Next to a park.
11. In Chapter 25, when did Scott McNeff say that the deer hunt began in Maine?
12. In what type of tree did Gos get entangled in Chapter 16?
13. In Chapter 17, what was the weather like when Gos broke free and flew from the barn?
14. What was the name of the country fair that Stuart asked Helen to attend in Chapter 22?
(a) Fall Days.
(b) River Day.
(c) Apple Day.
(d) Autumn Fest.
15. In Chapter 15, where did Helen go and leave Mabel at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mabel, where did the author buy her falconry bells?
2. In Chapter 20, what did Helen fill the freezer in her new house with?
3. How long did it take Helen to write her father's eulogy at the end of Chapter 22?
4. What disease did a rabbit have that Helen put out of its misery in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 25, on sunny mornings where did the larks sleep?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)