|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, on sunny mornings where did the larks sleep?
(a) Eastward slopes.
(b) Westward slopes.
(c) Northern slopes.
(d) Southern slopes.
2. What type of hawks did White see in Three Parks Wood in Chapter 16?
(a) Broad-winged hawk.
(c) Coopers Hawk.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, how many days had Mabel flown perfectly?
4. When did the book take place that Helen re-read in Chapter 21?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 19, what prey did Helen allow Mabel to go after?
(d) Hen pheasant.
6. Who described falconry as a kind of "high-intensity birdwatching"?
(a) T. H. White.
(b) Dr. Andrew Carruthers.
(c) Professor Tom Cade.
7. In Chapter 21, when did a rabbit virus arrive in Britain?
8. What prey did White put in a falconer's trap in Chapter 20?
9. What disease did a rabbit have that Helen put out of its misery in Chapter 21?
(a) Pasteurella Multocida.
(d) Degenerative joint disease.
10. In Chapter 24, after Helen awoke, how much time did she have before despair crashed in?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 45 seconds.
(d) 30 seconds.
11. What type of tree did Mabel swing up into after chasing a rabbit at the beginning of Chapter 25?
12. How many falconers were in German at the time Britain was invited to attend the International Hunting Exhibition in Germany?
(c) No more than 55.
(d) About 60.
13. In Chapter 24, what did Helen decide she was more of than a hawk?
14. In Chapter 22, how old was the man who wanted to ask questions about Helen's goshawk at the fair?
15. In what type of tree did Gos get entangled in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who told White that there were agitated rooks in the nearby woods?
2. Who once wrote that falconry was a balancing act between wild and tame?
3. How many days of enforced rest had Mabel endured before being let out in Chapter 26 on a cold winter day?
4. In Chapter 18 after forty minutes, how far were Helen and Christina from Helen's house because of a traffic accident?
5. In Chapter 17, what could the author hear a woman calling in the night?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)