|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18 after forty minutes, how far were Helen and Christina from Helen's house because of a traffic accident?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 1/4 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
2. What did Stuart offer to fly with Helen in Chapter 15?
(a) Prairie falcon.
3. In Chapter 15, where did Helen go and leave Mabel at home?
4. In Chapter 17, what was the weather like when Gos broke free and flew from the barn?
5. What type of house did Helen pass when she was chasing Mabel in Chapter 25?
6. In Chapter 16, what did White plan to put in a trap he made?
7. In Chapter 28, in what type of tree did Mabel try to catch a grey squirrel?
8. How many engines did the plane have that Helen saw when she was out with Mabel in Chapter 20?
9. How much of the British rabbit population was killed by a virus?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 95 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 80 percent.
10. In Chapter 24, what did the doctor look like that Helen went to see?
(a) Tall and red-haired.
(b) Blonde-haired with blue eyes.
(c) Large and blonde.
(d) Dark-haired with a neat beard.
11. What was the name of Scott McNeff's red-tailed hawk?
12. What bird did the author see in a glass box in an art gallery in Chapter 19?
(a) Great green macaw.
(b) Hyacinth macaw.
(c) Glacuous macaw.
(d) Spix's macaw.
13. What disease did a rabbit have that Helen put out of its misery in Chapter 21?
(a) Degenerative joint disease.
(b) Pasteurella Multocida.
14. What was the name of the main character in White's book "The Sword in the Stone"?
15. When was the film "A Canterbury Tale" by Powell and Pressburger released?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was White in 1939 hiding from the war?
2. Where had Helen bought the dress she wore to her father's memorial?
3. How many minutes did Helen sob as the doctor talked about medication in Chapter 24?
4. What was the name of the country fair that Stuart asked Helen to attend in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 24, what time did the author say that she woke every morning?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)