|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prey did White put in a falconer's trap in Chapter 20?
2. How long were the days in Chapter 26?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 1/2 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
3. In Chapter 15, what was the bell that Helen used for Mabel made from?
(a) Gold alloy.
(c) Nickel silver.
4. In Chapter 15, how many yards had White gotten Gos to come on the creance?
5. How large is the bell that the author attaches at the base of Mabel's tail in Chapter 15?
(a) Size of an acorn.
(b) Size of a paddle ball.
(c) Size of a pea.
(d) Size of a grape.
6. In Chapter 25, where did Helen say that she met Erin?
7. In Chapter 15, where did Helen, her family, and the picture editor of her father's newspaper discuss a memorial service?
(a) St. Alban.
(b) Christ Church.
(c) St. Bride's Church.
(d) St. Thomas More.
8. In Chapter 22, how old was the man who wanted to ask questions about Helen's goshawk at the fair?
9. In Chapter 20, what did Helen fill the freezer in her new house with?
(a) Hawk food and frozen pizzas.
(b) Hawk food, steaks, and vegetables.
(c) Hawk food, casseroles, and ice cream.
(d) Hawk food and frozen dinners.
10. In Chapter 17, what was the weather like when Gos broke free and flew from the barn?
11. By the late 1980s, how many California condors remained?
12. When did the book take place that Helen re-read in Chapter 21?
13. How long did it take Helen to write her father's eulogy at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 50 minutes.
14. What damage did the author see when she went to get coffee in Chapter 17?
(a) Plants pulled in the park.
(b) Windows smashed on a store.
(c) Garbage cans tipped over.
(d) A car with a front bumper smashed.
15. How many minutes did Helen sob as the doctor talked about medication in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how long did White write that he had been training Gos?
2. In Chapter 22, what color was Greg's barbary falcon?
3. What business did Scott McNeff run?
4. When was the film "A Canterbury Tale" by Powell and Pressburger released?
5. Why were people in a line outside the cafe where the author had coffee in Chapter 17?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)