|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many days did the author once fly a Harris hawk free?
2. In Chapter 9, how many days pass as the author had the hawk almost constantly on her fist?
3. How much weight could make a difference in how Helen's merlins flew?
(a) 1/3 ounce.
(b) 1/8 ounce.
(c) 1/2 ounce.
(d) 1/6 ounce.
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, in what season might someone be able to see a goshawk on a still, clear morning?
5. How far did Mabel have to jump in Chapter 12 to get food Helen held in her glove?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 10 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
6. In Chapter 9, what time did an unhappy wail come from a pram outside the author's window?
7. In 1932, how many people showed up for an excursion sponsored by the Southern Railway for a moonlit walk along the South Downs?
8. Where was the landscape the author had come to love very much?
(a) 45 minutes north-east of Cambridge.
(b) 15 minutes south-west of Westminster.
(c) Near Bristol.
(d) West of London.
9. What color streaked the front of the author's hawk like teardrops in Chapter 7?
10. What color grey were Goshawks in the air?
(a) Raincloud grey.
(b) Pigeon grey.
(c) Concrete grey.
(d) Slate grey.
11. In Chapter 4, what color was the cover of the notebook White was writing in?
12. How long after the author set out with the falconers in Chapter 3, did they see a goshawk kill a pheasant?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
13. In Chapter 11, what time of day did Helen leave the house with her hawk?
14. How much money did the author have with her in Chapter 5?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 650 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 750 pounds.
15. What did the author watch over and over again after her father died?
(a) A Family at War.
(b) Within These Walls.
(c) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
(d) Father, Dear Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how men men did Helen hide from behind a tree trunk?
2. In Chapter 11, what ruins did White walk to with his hawk?
3. During what century were goshawks described as sociable and familiar?
4. In Chapter 11, what type of bird feather did Helen see by the path?
5. In Chapter 13, when did Helen say that her college job would end?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)