|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 1, in what season might someone be able to see a goshawk on a still, clear morning?
2. In 1932, how many people showed up for an excursion sponsored by the Southern Railway for a moonlit walk along the South Downs?
3. In Chapter 9, what creature did the author compare the hawk to when the author said the hawk seemed alien?
4. How long after the author set out with the falconers in Chapter 3, did they see a goshawk kill a pheasant?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. How old was T.H. White when he had been a schoolmaster at Stowe for five years?
6. In Chapter 14, how many yards did Helen want Mabel to fly before she would turn her loose?
(a) 100 yards.
(b) 50 yards.
(c) 30 yards.
(d) 75 yards.
7. In Chapter 10, how many days and nights had the author planned to keep the hawk awake?
8. What did the author watch over and over again after her father died?
(a) Father, Dear Father.
(b) Within These Walls.
(c) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
(d) A Family at War.
9. What did a waiter bring Helen the night her father died?
(a) Double chocolate brownie with ice cream.
(b) Gourmet chocolates.
(c) Hot fudge sundae.
(d) German chocolate cake.
10. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) March 16, 1936.
(b) June 23, 1933.
(c) May 5, 1934.
(d) April 11, 1935.
11. Where was the landscape the author had come to love very much?
(a) Near Bristol.
(b) West of London.
(c) 45 minutes north-east of Cambridge.
(d) 15 minutes south-west of Westminster.
12. What birds flew up from the roof when Helen took Mabel to the campus where she worked in Chapter 13?
(d) White doves.
13. How long after Gos arrived at White's place did White take him to a farmhouse?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 48 hours.
14. What type of car did Helen's father drive?
15. In Chapter 11, what type of bird feather did Helen see by the path?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color plumes did Wart grow?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what did Helen give Mabel to eat?
3. When did a scientist called Thorpe work from a research station in Madingley?
4. In Chapter 12, what color bucket was a man using to clean the bottom of a racing boat?
5. How many time did the author weigh merlins when she used to fly them?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)