|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what color eyes did the goshawks have?
2. In Chapter 3, how old was the goshawk that the author arranged to pick up in Scotland?
(a) 15 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
3. How long did it take Helen's father to photograph every single bridge over the Thames?
(a) 2 years.
(b) A year.
(c) About 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. What color did White paint his woodwork?
(a) Blue and red.
(b) Yellow and green.
5. When the author fell asleep and dreamed in Chapter 9, where did she find herself?
(a) At her father's grave.
(b) A burned-out house.
(c) An old barn.
(d) In a field with her father.
6. What did White whistle in Chapter 13 to his hawk?
(a) Fairest Lord Jesus.
(b) In the Garden.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) All Creatures Great and Small.
7. In Chapter 3, when had the author convinced herself that she was pretty much back to normal?
8. During what century were goshawks described as sociable and familiar?
9. What birds flew up from the roof when Helen took Mabel to the campus where she worked in Chapter 13?
(c) White doves.
10. How long after Gos arrived at White's place did White take him to a farmhouse?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 48 hours.
11. What did Christina bring in Chapter 9?
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) Coffee and Sunday papers.
12. How much of the author's life was spent in an incubator when she was a newborn?
(a) 11 days.
(b) About 3 weeks.
(c) Few weeks.
(d) 17 days.
13. When was the Jesuit spy Robert Shoutwell terrified he'd be found out because he kept forgetting his falconry terms?
(a) 15th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 16th century.
(d) 17th century.
14. Where was the cottage where White lived located?
(a) Small village.
(b) Stowe estate.
(c) Richardson estate.
(d) In a remote wood.
15. What bird did the author hear outside her window at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, when did Helen say that her college job would end?
2. When did the author's father take a picture of the Beatles sitting at a cafe table on the Champs-Elysees?
3. In Chapter 12, where is the man from that Helen speaks to when she is out walking with her hawk?
4. How long was the Goshawk?
5. In Chapter 9, how many days pass as the author had the hawk almost constantly on her fist?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)