|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what color eyes did the goshawks have?
2. How many books did White have to learn about hawks from, not including the "Encyclopedia Britannica"?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) April 11, 1935.
(b) June 23, 1933.
(c) May 5, 1934.
(d) March 16, 1936.
4. In Chapter 14, by the fourth day of training, how far is Mabel flying to Helen?
(a) 50 yards.
(b) 35 yards.
(c) 25 yards.
(d) 15 yards.
5. When was a pine forest planted in Evelyn's Travelling Sands?
6. What color plumes did Wart grow?
7. In Chapter 4, who authored the book White read about falconry?
(a) Gage Earle Freeman.
(b) Gerald Lascellas.
(c) Captain GIlbert Blaine.
(d) Philip Glasier.
8. What did the author watch over and over again after her father died?
(a) Within These Walls.
(b) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
(c) A Family at War.
(d) Father, Dear Father.
9. If White had known what he was doing, how long would it have taken to fly his bird free?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
10. In Chapter 11 during the second expedition outside, how long did it take Mabel to get over her apprehension?
(a) A couple minutes.
(b) A few seconds.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
11. What was White's pseudonym for his racy novels?
(a) David Wyatt.
(b) James Aston.
(c) William Baker.
(d) Peter Andrews.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what did Helen give Mabel to eat?
(c) Cockerel chick.
13. Who sent Helen a job offer for the winter in Chapter 13?
(a) Dutch university.
(b) French university.
(c) Swiss university.
(d) German university.
14. What did the falconers drive in Chapter 3?
(a) Land Rover.
(c) Range Rover.
15. In Chapter 11, what type of bird feather did Helen see by the path?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how many days and nights had the author planned to keep the hawk awake?
2. What did the author mention that White drank at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Where did the author's father die?
4. How much weight could make a difference in how Helen's merlins flew?
5. During White's first night with his hawk, where did he set it loose?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)