|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when did the author say that she ended up in the Brecklands?
(a) 12 months ago.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) 8 months ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
2. What color plumes did Wart grow?
3. How many time did the author weigh merlins when she used to fly them?
4. When was a pine forest planted in Evelyn's Travelling Sands?
5. In Chapter 11 during the second expedition outside, how long did it take Mabel to get over her apprehension?
(a) A couple minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) A few seconds.
6. In Chapter 13, how many years had Helen been a Cambridge Fellow?
7. Where was the cottage where White lived located?
(a) Stowe estate.
(b) In a remote wood.
(c) Small village.
(d) Richardson estate.
8. If White had known what he was doing, how long would it have taken to fly his bird free?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
9. How much sleep did White have when he was first training his hawk?
(a) 3 hours in one day.
(b) 12 hours in three days.
(c) 15 hours in 7 days.
(d) 6 hours in 6 days.
10. What birds flew up from the roof when Helen took Mabel to the campus where she worked in Chapter 13?
(a) White doves.
11. What type of car did Helen's father drive?
12. During White's first night with his hawk, where did he set it loose?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In a glassed-in porch.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In his living room.
13. According to the author in Chapter 1, in what season might someone be able to see a goshawk on a still, clear morning?
14. In how many days did the author once fly a Harris hawk free?
15. In Chapter 6, how much did White's rented cottage cost him weekly?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 4 shillings.
(c) 8 shillings.
(d) 6 shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what time did the word jess originate?
2. In Chapter 3, how many men were left behind at the end of the day to wait for their goshawks?
3. How much of the author's life was spent in an incubator when she was a newborn?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what did Helen give Mabel to eat?
5. What did Christina bring in Chapter 9?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)