|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car did Helen's father drive?
2. How long after the author set out with the falconers in Chapter 3, did they see a goshawk kill a pheasant?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
3. When did a scientist called Thorpe work from a research station in Madingley?
4. In Chapter 9, what creature did the author compare the hawk to when the author said the hawk seemed alien?
5. How long did it take Helen's father to photograph every single bridge over the Thames?
(a) 2 years.
(b) A year.
(c) About 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author was a child, where was her favorite den?
2. In Chapter 12, where is the man from that Helen speaks to when she is out walking with her hawk?
3. How many books did White have to learn about hawks from, not including the "Encyclopedia Britannica"?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how far was the author from home?
5. Where had the goshawk been bred that the author was fetching in Chapter 5?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)