|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color streaked the front of the author's hawk like teardrops in Chapter 7?
2. How old was T.H. White when he had been a schoolmaster at Stowe for five years?
3. From where did the Fifth Earl of Bedford import falcons?
(a) Nova Scotia and New England.
(c) Canada and Russia.
4. In Chapter 1, when did the author say that she ended up in the Brecklands?
(a) 8 months ago.
(b) 12 months ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 7 years ago.
5. What did the author drive in Chapter 1?
(c) Mini Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did White have to learn about hawks from, not including the "Encyclopedia Britannica"?
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, in what season might someone be able to see a goshawk on a still, clear morning?
4. In Chapter 4, who authored the book White read about falconry?
5. What did a waiter bring Helen the night her father died?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)