|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the Fifth Earl of Bedford import falcons?
(b) Canada and Russia.
(d) Nova Scotia and New England.
2. In Chapter 6, how much did White's rented cottage cost him weekly?
(a) 6 shillings.
(b) 8 shillings.
(c) 4 shillings.
(d) 5 shillings.
3. What was White's pseudonym for his racy novels?
(a) Peter Andrews.
(b) David Wyatt.
(c) William Baker.
(d) James Aston.
4. How much money did the author have with her in Chapter 5?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 650 pounds.
(d) 750 pounds.
5. In Chapter 4, who authored the book White read about falconry?
(a) Gerald Lascellas.
(b) Philip Glasier.
(c) Gage Earle Freeman.
(d) Captain GIlbert Blaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the author set out with the falconers in Chapter 3, did they see a goshawk kill a pheasant?
2. What type of car did Helen's father drive?
3. In Chapter 1, when did the author say that she ended up in the Brecklands?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how far was the author from home?
5. Where was the landscape the author had come to love very much?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)