|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what could the author hear a woman calling in the night?
(a) Adam! Adam!
(b) Peter! Peter!
(c) William! William!
(d) Billy! Billy!
2. How many books did White have to learn about hawks from, not including the "Encyclopedia Britannica"?
3. In Chapter 18, where was there a horrendous crash outside Cambridge?
4. In Chapter 9, what creature did the author compare the hawk to when the author said the hawk seemed alien?
5. What color plumes did Wart grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of White's dog?
2. Who described falconry as a kind of "high-intensity birdwatching"?
3. What birds flew up from the roof when Helen took Mabel to the campus where she worked in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 10, how many days and nights had the author planned to keep the hawk awake?
5. How much sleep did White have when he was first training his hawk?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)