|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 6, Drew tells Mick that the team deserves nothing because of what?
2. What church does Mick attend with his parents in Part 4, Chapter 8?
3. Peter tells Mick that stack injections are safer than what in Part 4, Chapter 9?
4. Mick watches the game from where in Part 5, Chapter 11?
5. Mick runs back into the locker room, citing an excuse about what in Part 5, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Drew prevent Mick from using drugs in Part 5, Chapter 13?
2. What does Mick realize about Drew in Part 5, Chapter 15? What does the reader realize?
3. How does Mick attempt to train in Part 5, Chapter 6? What internal conflict does he face?
4. What saves Mick in Epilogue, Chapter 1?
5. What opportunity does Mick decide to take in Part 4, Chapter 12?
6. How do the steroids continue to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 4?
7. What does Mick discover in an outing with friends in Part 4, Chapter 6?
8. What does Mick realize about his friendship with Drew in Part 5, Chapter 5?
9. What physical effects of ther steroids begin to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 5?
10. What leads Mick to waver in his second chances in Part 4, Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Matt Drager, Nolan Brown and Clark in the novel. In what ways are these characters antagonistic? How does Mick feel about each of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of heroism in the novel. How does the fall of Mick's father from heroic status affect the protagonist? What other characters in the novel exhibit heroic characteristics? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Peter Volz in the novel. How does Mick feel about his first meeting with Peter? How is Mick's second meeting with the trainer different?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)