|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mick do before the game in Part 5, Chapter 13?
2. After the first game of the season in Part 5, Chapter 1, Coach Carlson explains that Mick was able to score so much for what reason?
3. When Mick is questioned in Part 5, Chapter 4, he claims to have forgotten what?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 12, Mick wants to stop doing stack injections for what reason?
5. Who does Mick notice doesn't look happy during the celebration in Part 5, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is spirituality and religion explored in Epilogue, Chapter 2?
2. What does Mick realize about Drew in Part 5, Chapter 15? What does the reader realize?
3. How does Mick's life and career mirror his father's in Part 5, Chapter 10?
4. What does Mick do as a result of rage in Part 5, Chapter 9? What are the consequences?
5. What is the outcome of the game in Part 5, Chapter 14? Why is this significant?
6. Why does Mick decide against using drugs before the game in Part 5, Chapter 12?
7. Is the ending of the book happy or sad? Why? What is the book's final message?
8. What physical effects of ther steroids begin to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 5?
9. What causes animosity and suspicion between Mick and Drew in Part 5, Chapter 8?
10. How do the steroids continue to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Peter Volz in the novel. How does Mick feel about his first meeting with Peter? How is Mick's second meeting with the trainer different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tactics used in the game between Foothill and Shilshole in Chapters 9 and 10. What actions did Mick make in the game? What are the results of Mick's actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mick's altercation with Russ Diver in the reading. What leads up to Mick's attack on Russ? Who stops the fight and why?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)