|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Mick's penalty in the game in Part 5, Chapter 9?
2. On what day do the steroids kick in in Part 4, Chapter 2?
3. The next team that Mick will play against is who in Part 5, Chapter 11?
4. Mick makes the papers for his game and sees that he has done what in Part 5, Chapter 2?
5. What does Peter offer to find for Mick in Part 5, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mick do as a result of rage in Part 5, Chapter 9? What are the consequences?
2. How does Mick's life and career mirror his father's in Part 5, Chapter 10?
3. What does Mick realize about Drew in Part 5, Chapter 15? What does the reader realize?
4. What saves Mick in Epilogue, Chapter 1?
5. What is the underlying reality of Mick's depression in Part 4, Chapter 10?
6. What physical effects of ther steroids begin to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 5?
7. Is the ending of the book happy or sad? Why? What is the book's final message?
8. What does Mick realize about his friendship with Drew in Part 5, Chapter 5?
9. How does Mick feel while watching the game in Part 5, Chapter 11?
10. How is spirituality and religion explored in Epilogue, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of alienation in the novel. How is this theme indicated through symbolism. In what ways does Mick become more alienated and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mick's altercation with Russ Diver in the reading. What leads up to Mick's attack on Russ? Who stops the fight and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tactics used in the game between Foothill and Shilshole in Chapters 9 and 10. What actions did Mick make in the game? What are the results of Mick's actions?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)