|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mick goes to Popeye's and meets up with whom in Part 3, Chapter 13?
2. Mick wants to replace who as a starter in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Who is Mick's second closest friend and a fellow football player?
4. What is the name of the radio show Mick's father works on?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 10, Mick attempts a second touchdown but falls short by how much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlson effectively motivate the team in Part 3, Chapter 6?
2. What are some examples of foreshadowing in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. How does Mick feel about his friends in Part 3, Chapter 11? Why?
4. How does Mick's father deal with Mick's discovery in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. What does the pressure on Mick cause him to begin contemplating in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. How does Mick's character develop in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. What are Mick's principle fears in Part 3, Chapter 1? Who solidifies these fears?
8. How is Mick's responsibility symbolized in his car in Part 3, Chapter 5?
9. Where does Mick go and consider a personal trainer in Part 3, Chapter 9? What sense does the reader gain from this encounter?
10. What new responsibilities are given to Mick in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss acceptance to varsity team and Mick's expectations for the season in Part 2, Chapters 4-6. Where does Mick hope to be placed by the coaches? What is his placement?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Mick's father in the novel. How does Mick feel about his father growing up? How do Mike's actions during Mick's childhood help to develop Mick's character?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the characters of Drew and DeShawn in the novel. How does Mick feel about his friendships with these teammates? How do these characters affect the actions and objectives of the protagonist?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)