|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mick's father takes him out to teach him what in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. Because of Mick's hustle and attitude, he is given what position in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. Mick's new football coach in eighth grade had played ball at what college?
4. In addition to Mick and Drew, what other player adjusts tactics against the undefeated team in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. How old does Mick turn in Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlson's prediction signify in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What are some examples of foreshadowing in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. How is Mick's responsibility symbolized in his car in Part 3, Chapter 5?
4. How does Mick view his successes in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What are Mick's principle fears in Part 3, Chapter 1? Who solidifies these fears?
6. What does the pressure on Mick cause him to begin contemplating in Part 2, Chapter 11?
7. What increases stress and pressure for Mick in Part 3, Chapter 14?
8. How have Mick's responsibilities changed in Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. What is Mick's meeting with Peter Volz like in Part 3, Chapter 13?
10. What is Mick's response when Coach Carlson tries to convince him to train at the school gym instead of Popeye's in Part 3, Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mick's altercation with Russ Diver in the reading. What leads up to Mick's attack on Russ? Who stops the fight and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Peter Volz in the novel. How does Mick feel about his first meeting with Peter? How is Mick's second meeting with the trainer different?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of alienation in the novel. How is this theme indicated through symbolism. In what ways does Mick become more alienated and why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)