|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seeks out Mick and says it that it is horrible what happened to him in Part 3, Chapter 11?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. Mick begins trying to find a reason why he couldn't do what in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. How many yards must an onside kick travel before the kicking team can touch it in football?
5. Who does Mick's trainer show him a picture of in Part 3, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlson's prediction signify in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. How does Mick feel about his friends in Part 3, Chapter 11? Why?
3. What does the pressure on Mick cause him to begin contemplating in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. What title is Mick given in the team in Part 2, Chapter 7? How does he feel about his role?
5. Describe the game in Part 3, Chapter 2. Who do Mick and his friends believe will win?
6. How does Mick's character develop in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. How does the author develop the reader's attachment to the team in Part 2, Chapter 9?
8. What gives Mick an opportunity to step up in the team in Part 2, Chapter 8? How does he feel about the opportunity?
9. Why does Mick get an F on an essay in Part 1, Chapter 4? What does it make him realize about football?
10. What does Mick begin doing in order to gain strength in Part 3, Chapter 7? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Mick's father in the novel. How does Mick feel about his father growing up? How do Mike's actions during Mick's childhood help to develop Mick's character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mick's altercation with Russ Diver in the reading. What leads up to Mick's attack on Russ? Who stops the fight and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history and effects of powder and vitamin supplements on Mick. How do these supplements affect Mick's performance, both in positive and negative ways?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)