|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been arrested in Epilogue, Chapter 1?
(a) Coach Carlson.
(b) Peter Volz.
(c) Drew Carney.
2. Mick watches the game from where in Part 5, Chapter 11?
(a) The front row at the fifty yard line.
(b) The endzone.
(c) The top of the stands.
(d) The sidelines.
3. What does Mick's mother tell him after dinner in Part 5, Chapter 5?
(a) The family is moving.
(b) His grades need to be better.
(c) She's proud of him.
(d) He should get a job.
4. The first game of the season is against what team in Part 5, Chapter 1?
(a) The Franklin Quakers.
(b) Foothill High.
(c) Garfield High.
(d) The Seattle Marlins.
5. Mick makes the papers for his game and sees that he has done what in Part 5, Chapter 2?
(a) Fallen in love.
(b) Broken his ankle.
(c) Shattered a record.
(d) Sprained his wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mick begin to go but then ends up driving around in a depression in Part 5, Chapter 6?
2. What sport does Kaylee play in the novel?
3. Who does Mick throw the ball around with in Part 4, Chapter 10?
4. What does the referee call against Mick in Part 5, Chapter 9?
5. What is the first side effect of the steroids that affects Mick in Part 4, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mick humiliated in Part 4, Chapter 7? What does this even signify for his character?
2. What does Mick realize about Drew in Part 5, Chapter 15? What does the reader realize?
3. What leads Mick to waver in his second chances in Part 4, Chapter 8?
4. What does Mick discover in an outing with friends in Part 4, Chapter 6?
5. What is the underlying reality of Mick's depression in Part 4, Chapter 10?
6. How does Mick feel while watching the game in Part 5, Chapter 11?
7. How does Mick attempt to train in Part 5, Chapter 6? What internal conflict does he face?
8. How is spirituality and religion explored in Epilogue, Chapter 2?
9. How are the steroids affecting Mick in Part 4, Chapter 2?
10. What causes Mick to go back to using drugs in Part 5, Chapter 7? What new drug does he begin to take?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)