|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the hospital when Mick awakens in Epilogue, Chapter 1?
(a) Mick's uncle.
(b) His parents.
(c) The F.B.I.
(d) Coach Stimes.
2. Depression hits Mick the day before what in Part 4, Chapter 10?
(c) The super bowl.
(d) School stats.
3. In Part 5, Chapter 6, Drew tells Mick that he's going to talk to whom?
(a) Coach Stimes.
(b) Coach Downs.
(c) Coach Rodriguez.
(d) Coach Carlson.
4. What refers to the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma?
5. What does Mick do before the game in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) Goes fishing.
(b) Tosses the ball with his dad.
(c) Eats a huge lunch.
(d) Runs ten miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 12, Mick wants to stop doing stack injections for what reason?
2. Drew reminds Mick about whose pool party the following week in Part 5, Chapter 5?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 9, a fumble is caught by an opposing player whom Mick has already beaten twice before and Mick does what?
4. What team starts out behind in the game in Part 5, Chapter 14?
5. What is Kaylee's last name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Mick to waver in his second chances in Part 4, Chapter 8?
2. Why does Mick decide against using drugs before the game in Part 5, Chapter 12?
3. What is thematically significant about Mick's downfall in Part 5, Chapter 6?
4. Why is Mick depressed in Part 4, Chapter 10? What brings him out of it?
5. What is the outcome of the game in Part 5, Chapter 14? Why is this significant?
6. What does Mick realize about his friendship with Drew in Part 5, Chapter 5?
7. What physical effects of ther steroids begin to affect Mick in Part 4, Chapter 5?
8. How are the steroids affecting Mick in Part 4, Chapter 2?
9. How is Mick humiliated in Part 4, Chapter 7? What does this even signify for his character?
10. What performance enhancing drugs does Mick begin taking in Part 4, Chapter 9? Why?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)