|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team gains the upper hand against Rogers early on in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Mick tells his father that night he will be starting on Friday's game against who in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Collins High.
(b) Meadowview High.
(c) Foothill High.
(d) Riverbend High.
3. Who manages to get half the night off work to watch Mick's football game in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Mike Johnson.
(b) Drew Carney.
(c) Mick's mother.
(d) Matt Drager.
4. Mick begins trying to find a reason why he couldn't do what in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Protect the quarterback.
(b) Catch the football.
(c) Throw the football.
(d) Score the last touchdown.
5. Mick goes to Popeye's and meets up with whom in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Peter Volz.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mick's second closest friend and a fellow football player?
2. What month is it when Mick goes to the gym and begins lifting weights in Part 3, Chapter 6?
3. Mick's father hires him to do what in Part 3, Chapter 7?
4. Mick receives a call from the head coach at Shilshole High School in Part 2, Chapter 3 inviting him to do what?
5. What month is it when Mick gets his learner's permit to drive in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Mick to begin taking steroids in Part 4, Chapter 1? What risks does he face in doing so?
2. What does Mick discover in Part 1, Chapter 7? How does this discovery make him feel?
3. How does Mick view his successes in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What increases stress and pressure for Mick in Part 3, Chapter 14?
5. How does Mick's father prepare him for a life of football in Part 1, Chapter 2? How does Mick's interest develop?
6. What does Carlson's prediction signify in Part 3, Chapter 3?
7. What is the outcome of the game in Part 2, Chapter 10? How does Mick feel about his performance?
8. What does Mick begin doing in order to gain strength in Part 3, Chapter 7? Why?
9. What is Mick's response when Coach Carlson tries to convince him to train at the school gym instead of Popeye's in Part 3, Chapter 12?
10. What title is Mick given in the team in Part 2, Chapter 7? How does he feel about his role?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)