|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who manages to get half the night off work to watch Mick's football game in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Matt Drager.
(b) Mike Johnson.
(c) Mick's mother.
(d) Drew Carney.
2. Mike's job allows him a membership at what gym?
(a) Powerhouse Gym.
(b) Gold's Gym.
(c) Popeye's Gym.
(d) Superman's Gym.
3. Mick Johnson's earliest memory is of playing football with his father when he was how old?
4. What is the name of Mick's grandmother who visits for Christmas in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. In what city do Mick and his family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mick receives a call from the head coach at Shilshole High School in Part 2, Chapter 3 inviting him to do what?
2. Who is Mick's second closest friend and a fellow football player?
3. What is the name of the radio show Mick's father works on?
4. What does Mick's father give him for Christmas in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. Mick's new football coach in eighth grade had played ball at what college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of foreshadowing in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. How does Mick describe his childhood and feelings about his father in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. How does Mick's father prepare him for a life of football in Part 1, Chapter 2? How does Mick's interest develop?
4. What does Mick discover in Part 1, Chapter 7? How does this discovery make him feel?
5. How does Mick feel about his friends in Part 3, Chapter 11? Why?
6. What is Mick's meeting with Peter Volz like in Part 3, Chapter 13?
7. What new responsibilities are given to Mick in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. How does the author introduce conflict in Part 3, Chapter 10?
9. How does Mick's character develop in Part 2, Chapter 1?
10. How does Mick view his successes in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)