|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mick's mother currently work in the novel?
(a) A beauty salon.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bank.
(d) A gas station.
2. Mick's father promises to teach him to use the clutch and drive what after he has mastered driving an automatic in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) The Subaru.
(b) The Jeep.
(c) The Lotus.
(d) The Honda.
3. The trainer Mick begins working with in Part 3, Chapter 13 seems like what to him?
(a) His father.
(b) His high school principal.
(c) An older brother.
(d) A soldier.
4. What decision do Mick and Drew make regarding the gym in Part 3, Chapter 9?
(a) To get a monthly membership.
(b) To get a lifetime membership.
(c) Not to go back.
(d) They will recommend it to all their friends.
5. Mick's new football coach in eighth grade had played ball at what college?
(a) University of Montana.
(b) Oregon State University.
(c) Humboldt State University.
(d) Arizona State University.
6. Why was Mick's father cut from his team, as Mick discovers in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Ankle injury.
(b) Knee injury.
(c) Shoulder injury.
(d) Bad behavior.
7. Drew and who attempt to console Mick, telling him the loss wasn't his fault in Part 3, Chapter 1?
8. What month is it when Mick goes to the gym and begins lifting weights in Part 3, Chapter 6?
9. What team gains the upper hand against Rogers early on in Part 3, Chapter 2?
10. What is the name of Mick's grandmother who visits for Christmas in Part 3, Chapter 5?
11. Drager and what friend of his beat up Mick Part 3, Chapter 11?
12. What is the name of Mick Johnson's father?
(a) Mike Johnson.
(b) Mort Johnson.
(c) Mark Johnson.
(d) Matt Johnson.
13. In addition to Mick and Drew, what other player adjusts tactics against the undefeated team in Part 2, Chapter 10?
14. How many yards must an onside kick travel before the kicking team can touch it in football?
15. How many pills does Mick's trainer tell him to take per day in Part 4, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mick's new football coach in eighth grade in Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. Who invites Mick to play football with other kids at Crown Hill Park in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. What coach doesn't care about what grade someone is in; if the player is good, the player will play in Part 3, Chapter 14?
4. Who moves around, sitting here and there and discussing the game with Mick, Drew, and the others in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. How many points is a team awarded for a field goal in football?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)