Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2 | Part 1, Chapter 3
• Mick Johnson's earliest memory is of playing football with his father when he was four.
• Mick's father, though a former football star, is still very much in shape, and the Johnson family basement is full of his father's awards and framed newspaper articles.
• Mick's mother is a former gymnast who enjoys competition, but doesn't feel the need to pressure Mick the way her husband Mike does.
• While his mother works at a bank in the loan department, Mick's father is the sidekick on the local radio show "Ben in the A.M." with Ben Braun.
Part 1, Chapter 4 | Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 1, Chapter 6
• After seventh grade, Mick's mom stops coming to his games after he is nearly knocked unconscious; she is too afraid he will be severely injured like his father.
• Mr. Rooney is Mick's new football coach in eighth grade; Rooney had played...
This section contains 2,321 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)