|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
3. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
4. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
5. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the advantages that the Fertile Crescent has that allowed it to be the one of the earliest sites of development? How do these advantages relate to Europe's advantages?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
Essay Topic 3
Why weren't Native Americans, Africans, and Aboriginal Australians the ones who conquered and killed Europeans and Asians? What factors lead to these groups being on the losing end rather than the winning one?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)