|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Diamond believe that more research needs to be done?
2. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
3. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
4. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
5. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Diamond use the Polynesian Islands as a test of his theory? What conclusions does Diamond get from his examination of these societies?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the other theories that try to explain the differing development of societies? How does Diamond refute these theories? Why does he believe that they are not correct?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)