|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
4. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
5. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Diamond use the Polynesian Islands as a test of his theory? What conclusions does Diamond get from his examination of these societies?
Essay Topic 2
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 3
How would you answer Yali's question: "Why is it that you white people developed so much cargo and brought it to New Guinea but we black people had little cargo of our own?" Do you think that Diamond missed any aspects in his answer to Yali's question?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)