|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
2. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. What is not a cause in the uneven distribution of wealth and power, according to Diamond?
5. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you answer Yali's question: "Why is it that you white people developed so much cargo and brought it to New Guinea but we black people had little cargo of our own?" Do you think that Diamond missed any aspects in his answer to Yali's question?
Essay Topic 2
What makes some large mammals able to be domesticated and others unable? What large mammals have been domesticated? What advantages do they give to societies?
Essay Topic 3
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)