|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
2. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
3. How many basic writing systems exist?
4. What are the smallest societies known as?
5. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
Essay Topic 1
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 2
Why weren't Native Americans, Africans, and Aboriginal Australians the ones who conquered and killed Europeans and Asians? What factors lead to these groups being on the losing end rather than the winning one?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the axis of a continent important? Use one continent to show how its axis is either an advantage or a disadvantage.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)