|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
2. Once something is invented, what must happen?
3. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
4. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
5. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes some large mammals able to be domesticated and others unable? What large mammals have been domesticated? What advantages do they give to societies?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
Essay Topic 3
How did food production affect societies? What advantages did societies that had food production gain over societies that didn't?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)