|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There has been some discussion of how Diamond's work might apply where?
2. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
3. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
4. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
5. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does population growth have on societies? What advantages did societies gain as their population grew?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one society on which to focus. Does this society have an advantage over others in terms of guns, germs, and steel? Explain why the society either had an advantage or why it was disadvantaged in relation to other groups.
Essay Topic 3
What influences a hunter-gatherer society to become food producers? What is surprising about this transition?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)