|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
2. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
3. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the axis of a continent important? Use one continent to show how its axis is either an advantage or a disadvantage.
Essay Topic 2
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
Essay Topic 3
How would you answer Yali's question: "Why is it that you white people developed so much cargo and brought it to New Guinea but we black people had little cargo of our own?" Do you think that Diamond missed any aspects in his answer to Yali's question?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)