|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
2. The Americas have what type of axis?
3. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
4. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
5. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Diamond explain the extinction of many large mammals around the world? What other theories have been proposed to explain this? Why does Diamond believe that these theories are not correct?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
Essay Topic 3
Diamond suggests that more research needs to be done on how cultural factors influenced the distribution of wealth and power. How might culture affect the development of these differences? Do you think that culture plays more or less of a role than the environment in this distribution?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)