|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many large mammals in Africa were suited to domestication?
2. What are the smallest societies known as?
3. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
4. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
5. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
Essay Topic 1
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 2
Why do large mammals matter to Diamond's theory? Why is domestication important? What factors determine which large mammals are suitable to be domesticated?
Essay Topic 3
What makes some large mammals able to be domesticated and others unable? What large mammals have been domesticated? What advantages do they give to societies?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)