Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "little" languages does China have?
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. When was Diamond's work first published?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the other theories that try to explain the differing development of societies? How does Diamond refute these theories? Why does he believe that they are not correct?
Essay Topic 2
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
Essay Topic 3
How do civilizations and denser populations lead to epidemics? What are epidemics? What effects do they have on societies?
This section contains 128 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)