|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
2. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
3. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
4. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
5. What was early writing used for primarily?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the axis of a continent important? Use one continent to show how its axis is either an advantage or a disadvantage.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Diamond use the Polynesian Islands as a test of his theory? What conclusions does Diamond get from his examination of these societies?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)