|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
2. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
3. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
4. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
5. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do large mammals matter to Diamond's theory? Why is domestication important? What factors determine which large mammals are suitable to be domesticated?
Essay Topic 2
What does Diamond believe led to the unequal distribution of wealth and power in the world? Do you agree or disagree with his explanation? Do you think that he is missing any aspects?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one society on which to focus. Does this society have an advantage over others in terms of guns, germs, and steel? Explain why the society either had an advantage or why it was disadvantaged in relation to other groups.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)