|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
2. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
3. How are historical sciences different from non-historical sciences?
4. How do inventions spread?
5. How many basic writing systems exist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 2
Why weren't Native Americans, Africans, and Aboriginal Australians the ones who conquered and killed Europeans and Asians? What factors lead to these groups being on the losing end rather than the winning one?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the societies in New Guinea and Australia develop at different times? What differences were present between these areas?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)