|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
2. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
3. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
4. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
5. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
Essay Topic 2
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 3
How would you answer Yali's question: "Why is it that you white people developed so much cargo and brought it to New Guinea but we black people had little cargo of our own?" Do you think that Diamond missed any aspects in his answer to Yali's question?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)