|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many basic writing systems exist?
2. What are the smallest societies known as?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
5. Why is food production important for inventions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 2
What are the advantages that the Fertile Crescent has that allowed it to be the one of the earliest sites of development? How do these advantages relate to Europe's advantages?
Essay Topic 3
What advantages did writing give a society? What was early writing typically used for? Using an example, show how writing gave one society an advantage over another.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)