|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
2. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
3. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
4. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
5. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does population growth have on societies? What advantages did societies gain as their population grew?
Essay Topic 2
What influences a hunter-gatherer society to become food producers? What is surprising about this transition?
Essay Topic 3
How did food production affect societies? What advantages did societies that had food production gain over societies that didn't?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)