Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
2. How many "little" languages does China have?
3. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
4. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
5. When was Diamond's work first published?
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
What does Diamond believe led to the unequal distribution of wealth and power in the world? Do you agree or disagree with his explanation? Do you think that he is missing any aspects?
How does Diamond explain the extinction of many large mammals around the world? What other theories have been proposed to explain this? Why does Diamond believe that these theories are not correct?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)