|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Europeans an advantage in information about the groups they encountered?
2. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
3. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
4. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
5. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why weren't Native Americans, Africans, and Aboriginal Australians the ones who conquered and killed Europeans and Asians? What factors lead to these groups being on the losing end rather than the winning one?
Essay Topic 2
Why do large mammals matter to Diamond's theory? Why is domestication important? What factors determine which large mammals are suitable to be domesticated?
Essay Topic 3
What are the advantages that the Fertile Crescent has that allowed it to be the one of the earliest sites of development? How do these advantages relate to Europe's advantages?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)