|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
2. How do inventions spread?
3. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
4. Africa has what type of axis?
5. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the other theories that try to explain the differing development of societies? How does Diamond refute these theories? Why does he believe that they are not correct?
Essay Topic 2
Why weren't Native Americans, Africans, and Aboriginal Australians the ones who conquered and killed Europeans and Asians? What factors lead to these groups being on the losing end rather than the winning one?
Essay Topic 3
Diamond suggests that more research needs to be done on how cultural factors influenced the distribution of wealth and power. How might culture affect the development of these differences? Do you think that culture plays more or less of a role than the environment in this distribution?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)