Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "little" languages does China have?
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. When was Diamond's work first published?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the other theories that try to explain the differing development of societies? How does Diamond refute these theories? Why does he believe that they are not correct?
Essay Topic 2
What are the advantages that the Fertile Crescent has that allowed it to be the one of the earliest sites of development? How do these advantages relate to Europe's advantages?
Essay Topic 3
What does Diamond believe led to the unequal distribution of wealth and power in the world? Do you agree or disagree with his explanation? Do you think that he is missing any aspects?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)