|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
2. Where did writing develop?
3. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
4. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
5. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
Essay Topic 2
What effect does population growth have on societies? What advantages did societies gain as their population grew?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Diamond use the Polynesian Islands as a test of his theory? What conclusions does Diamond get from his examination of these societies?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)