|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "little" languages does China have?
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. When was Diamond's work first published?
Essay Topic 1
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 2
Why were Europeans able to conquer many of the groups in the Americas? Give specific examples of the advantages that the Europeans had and address why they had these advantages.
Essay Topic 3
How did food production affect societies? What advantages did societies that had food production gain over societies that didn't?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)