|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
2. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
3. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
4. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising about where food production developed early?
2. What are some areas where food production didn't develop early on but the environment is ecologically suited to food production?
3. What happened in the encounter between the Incas and the Spanish?
4. What made the spread of Austronesian culture possible?
5. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas? Why was this important?
6. How is climate used as an explanation for the uneven distribution of wealth and power?
7. Why did societies in New Guinea and Australia develop differently?
8. Why is the axis of a continent important?
9. Why was writing an advantage to the groups that had it?
10. What advantages did the Spanish have over the Incas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes some large mammals able to be domesticated and others unable? What large mammals have been domesticated? What advantages do they give to societies?
Essay Topic 2
Why are some native, wild plants domesticated? Trace the development of domesticating plants, including identifying those wild plants that were among the first domesticated plants.
Essay Topic 3
How do civilizations and denser populations lead to epidemics? What are epidemics? What effects do they have on societies?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)