|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
2. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
(a) Greater creativity
(b) Superior intelligence
(c) Perceived need
(d) Peoples' curiosity and tinkering
3. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(b) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(c) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
(d) Organizing societies by biological race
4. The language that did most of the conquering or "engulfing" in Africa was which of the following?
5. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do inventions spread?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
4. Once something is invented, what must happen?
5. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)