|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(b) They had a larger population than other continents.
(c) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
(d) Australia was isolated from other societies.
2. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(c) "Outrigger" canoes
3. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
4. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
5. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
2. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
5. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)