|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
(a) Denser populations
(b) Better watercraft
(c) Superior tools and weapons
(d) The lack of epidemics
2. Where did writing develop?
3. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
4. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(b) Through gift-giving practices
(c) Inventions don't typically spread.
(d) Societies are forced to use an invention.
5. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
2. Africa has what type of axis?
3. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
4. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
5. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)