|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(b) Inventions don't typically spread.
(c) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(d) Through gift-giving practices
2. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
3. What are the smallest societies known as?
4. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
(c) The southwest
5. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(a) Places where food production arose
(b) Places were science was a major focus
(c) Capitalist societies
Short Answer Questions
1. The Americas have what type of axis?
2. China has how many "big" languages?
3. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
4. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
5. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)