|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Diamond believe that more research needs to be done?
(a) How racial differences influence development
(b) How intelligence differences influence development
(c) How biological differences influence development
(d) How cultural differences influence development
2. What foods did people in the Americas depend on?
(a) Protein-poor corn
(b) Protein-rich rice
(c) Protein-rich cows
(d) Protein-poor wheat
3. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) It allows for a sedentary life.
(b) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(c) People had the energy to create.
(d) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
4. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
(a) Those with natural immunity to smallpox
(b) Those with large, native domesticated animals
(c) Those with wild plants that could be domesticated
(d) Those that could hunt large mammals
5. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
2. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
3. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
4. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
5. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)