|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(b) They had a larger population than other continents.
(c) Australia was isolated from other societies.
(d) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
(a) Racial superiority
(b) Superior weapons
(d) Accidents of geography
4. Recent research shows that modern Japanese people resulted from an agricultural expansion from where?
5. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(a) "Outrigger" canoes
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Diamond's work first published?
2. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
3. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
4. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
5. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)