|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are historical sciences different from non-historical sciences?
(a) Historical sciences have fewer
(b) Historical sicences have an easier time with finding cause and effect
(c) Historical sciences are less complicated with prediction
(d) Historical sciences more concerned with proximate and ultimate causes
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
(a) In areas where food production was just beginning
(b) In isolated areas with small populations
(c) In nomadic societies
(d) In large productive regions with large human populations
4. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
(b) The southwest
5. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
2. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
3. How many "little" languages does China have?
4. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
5. China has how many "big" languages?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)