|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
2. When was Diamond's work first published?
3. How many large mammals in Africa were suited to domestication?
4. Where does Diamond believe that more research needs to be done?
(a) How cultural differences influence development
(b) How biological differences influence development
(c) How racial differences influence development
(d) How intelligence differences influence development
5. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(b) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
(c) Australia was isolated from other societies.
(d) They had a larger population than other continents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
2. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
3. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
4. Where did writing develop?
5. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)