|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was early writing used for primarily?
(b) Communicating with other societies
(c) Writing human history
(d) Accountings of things like sheep and wool
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(b) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(c) Organizing societies by biological race
(d) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
4. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
5. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) It allows for a sedentary life.
(b) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(c) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
(d) People had the energy to create.
Short Answer Questions
1. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
2. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
3. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
4. China has how many "big" languages?
5. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)