|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
(b) North America
2. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
(d) The southwest
3. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
(a) The ability to predict outcomes
(c) Wild cards
(d) The knowledge that these aspects don't matter in history
4. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
5. What gave Europeans an advantage in information about the groups they encountered?
(a) Speaking many different languages
(b) Domesticated mammals
(c) Spies in other countries
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
2. What is not a cause in the uneven distribution of wealth and power, according to Diamond?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
4. How many large mammals in Africa were suited to domestication?
5. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)