|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(b) New Guinea
2. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
(a) The environment
3. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(b) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(c) Through gift-giving practices
(d) Inventions don't typically spread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a cause in the uneven distribution of wealth and power, according to Diamond?
2. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
3. How many basic writing systems exist?
4. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
5. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)