|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Recent research shows that modern Japanese people resulted from an agricultural expansion from where?
2. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
(a) North America
3. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
(a) Better watercraft
(b) The lack of epidemics
(c) Superior tools and weapons
(d) Denser populations
4. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
(a) Greater creativity
(b) Superior intelligence
(c) Perceived need
(d) Peoples' curiosity and tinkering
5. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
2. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
3. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
4. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
5. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)