|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(c) Natural selection
2. China has how many "big" languages?
3. Once something is invented, what must happen?
(a) The inventor must keep people from copying the invention.
(b) The inventor must patent the invention.
(c) The inventor must convince society to make use of it.
(d) The inventor must keep people away from the invention.
4. Which region had many of the same advantages as Eurasia?
(d) North America
5. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(c) "Outrigger" canoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
2. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
3. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
4. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
5. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)