|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
(a) The Americas had more large mammals available
(b) Humans had lived in Europe longer
(c) The Americas were less isolated
(d) Eurasia had fewer wild plants suitable for domestication
2. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
(d) The southwest
3. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
4. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
5. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
(a) The environment
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
2. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
5. What foods did people in the Americas depend on?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)