|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In Mongolia
(b) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(c) Only in China's large cities
(d) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
2. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
3. What are the smallest societies known as?
4. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
5. Africa has what type of axis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
2. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
3. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
4. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
5. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)