|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China has how many "big" languages?
2. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
(a) The ability to predict outcomes
(c) Wild cards
(d) The knowledge that these aspects don't matter in history
3. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(b) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(c) Inventions don't typically spread.
(d) Through gift-giving practices
4. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
5. The Americas have what type of axis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
2. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
3. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
4. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
5. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)