|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Places were science was a major focus
(c) Places where food production arose
(d) Capitalist societies
2. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(c) Natural selection
3. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
(a) The Americas had more large mammals available
(b) Humans had lived in Europe longer
(c) The Americas were less isolated
(d) Eurasia had fewer wild plants suitable for domestication
4. What are the smallest societies known as?
5. How do inventions spread?
(a) Inventions don't typically spread.
(b) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(c) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(d) Through gift-giving practices
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Diamond's work first published?
2. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
3. Africa has what type of axis?
4. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
5. Cultural and individual idiosyncrasies throw what into the course of history?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)