|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) They had a larger population than other continents.
(b) Australia was isolated from other societies.
(c) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(d) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
2. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
(a) In areas where food production was just beginning
(b) In isolated areas with small populations
(c) In nomadic societies
(d) In large productive regions with large human populations
3. Africa has what type of axis?
4. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
(a) Why the Americas were conquered
(b) Why China didn't expand and conquer
(c) Why the differences are best explained by intelligence
(d) Why Europe didn't expand and conquer
5. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(b) Natural selection
Short Answer Questions
1. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. China has how many "big" languages?
4. When was Diamond's work first published?
5. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)