|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
2. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
(a) A small population
(b) A hunter-gatherer society
(c) Bad sanitation
(d) A large, sedentary population
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
5. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(b) Only in China's large cities
(c) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(d) In Mongolia
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
2. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
3. Africa is home to how many major human groups?
4. Africa has what type of axis?
5. How do inventions spread?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)