|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
(a) A small population
(b) Bad sanitation
(c) A hunter-gatherer society
(d) A large, sedentary population
2. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(b) Australia was isolated from other societies.
(c) They had a larger population than other continents.
(d) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(b) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(c) In Mongolia
(d) Only in China's large cities
4. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(a) Natural selection
5. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
2. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
3. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
4. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
5. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)