|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
(c) Human history
2. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(b) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(c) Inventions don't typically spread.
(d) Through gift-giving practices
3. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
4. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Very homogeneous
(b) Less populous than Australia
(c) Racially inferior to Europeans
(d) More diverse than we tend to think
5. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
(a) Superior weapons
(b) Accidents of geography
(d) Racial superiority
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
2. How many large mammals in Africa were suited to domestication?
3. Africa has what type of axis?
4. Once something is invented, what must happen?
5. Where did writing develop?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)