|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
(a) The lack of epidemics
(b) Denser populations
(c) Superior tools and weapons
(d) Better watercraft
2. The language that did most of the conquering or "engulfing" in Africa was which of the following?
3. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
4. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(b) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(c) In Mongolia
(d) Only in China's large cities
5. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
2. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
3. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
4. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
5. How are historical sciences different from non-historical sciences?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)