|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(b) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
(c) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(d) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
2. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas?
(a) The domestication of large mammals
(b) Sparser populations
(c) More intelligent people
(d) Denser populations
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(b) In Mongolia
(c) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(d) Only in China's large cities
4. Africa has what type of axis?
5. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) People had the energy to create.
(b) It allows for a sedentary life.
(c) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(d) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
2. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
3. Recent research shows that crops from Mexico spread into eastern North America via an indirect route through where?
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)