|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had an advantage over many of the African societies?
2. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) Only in China's large cities
(b) In Mongolia
(c) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(d) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
3. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
(a) Too many plants that could be domesticated
(b) Too much rainfall to support domesticated plants
(c) The dry conditions on the continent
(d) Fertile soils
4. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
5. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
(a) Native Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
2. Africa has what type of axis?
3. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
4. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
5. What is an discussion that has arisen since Diamond's work was first published?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)