|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once something is invented, what must happen?
(a) The inventor must convince society to make use of it.
(b) The inventor must keep people away from the invention.
(c) The inventor must keep people from copying the invention.
(d) The inventor must patent the invention.
2. When was Diamond's work first published?
3. The Americas have what type of axis?
4. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
(a) A hammer
(b) A bark beater
(c) A tree downer
(d) A wood pounder
5. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(b) Only in China's large cities
(c) In Mongolia
(d) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Diamond believe that more research needs to be done?
2. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
3. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
4. Recent research shows that modern Japanese people resulted from an agricultural expansion from where?
5. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)