|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(b) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(c) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(d) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
3. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
(a) A wood pounder
(b) A tree downer
(c) A bark beater
(d) A hammer
4. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
(a) These societies provide many examples of how culture inhibited the spread of technology
(b) These societies provide so many examples of how environment influences and shapes history
(c) These societies provide examples of how societies resisted epidemics
(d) These societies invented more items than other societies
5. Where did writing develop?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Diamond's work first published?
2. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
3. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
4. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
5. How many basic writing systems exist?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)