|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All people were once what?
(b) Wheat producers
(c) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Immune to diseases
2. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 1 million years ago
(b) 15 million years ago
(c) 2 thousand years ago
(d) 7 million years ago
3. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
2. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
3. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
4. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several stages in the development of plant domestication? Which plants were domesticated in each stage?
2. Why does Diamond object to many of the traditional views on the uneven distribution of wealth and power?
3. What are some areas where food production didn't develop early on but the environment is ecologically suited to food production?
4. What are the four different types of societies that Diamond discusses?
5. How is the production of food related to the advantages of guns, germs, and steel?
6. What are the four stages in how diseases are transferred from animals to humans?
7. How does food production relate to a greater population?
8. Why does Diamond believe that China was once more diverse than it is now?
9. What are some of the changes that have occurred in plants because of domestication?
10. Why did Australia not develop writing or complex societies as early as other groups, according to Diamond?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)