|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) Stored crop surpluses
(c) Greater intelligence
(d) A capitalist society
2. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) They were rare.
(b) Their production was low.
(c) They were too easy to cultivate.
(d) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(a) More difficult
5. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
(c) Southwestern Australia
(d) Western Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
3. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
4. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages did the Bantu have over other African groups?
2. How did the Maori and the Moriori differ?
3. What are the four linguistic families found in China?
4. Why does Diamond believe that a shift in climate is not the best explanation for the mass extinctions of animals?
5. How did the ability to use domesticated plants and animals differentiate the Polynesian societies?
6. The expansion of humans had what effect on the natural world?
7. What is one other explanation (different than Diamond's) to explain the uneven distribution of wealth and power.
8. Why does Diamond think inventions occur?
9. What are some reasons why hunter-gatherers would adopt food production?
10. How do historical sciences differ from non-historical sciences?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)