|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(d) Gas powered machinery
2. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 2 thousand years ago
(b) 7 million years ago
(c) 1 million years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
3. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 10,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 50,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
4. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
5. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
2. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
5. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Diamond's objective in studying the societies of Polynesia?
2. How did humans choose which plants to begin domesticating?
3. How is the production of food related to the advantages of guns, germs, and steel?
4. How did the domestication of animals give some societies an advantage?
5. What was the development of humans like before the Great Leap Forward?
6. What are several stages in the development of plant domestication? Which plants were domesticated in each stage?
7. Why did Australia not develop writing or complex societies as early as other groups, according to Diamond?
8. Why does Diamond believe that China was once more diverse than it is now?
9. What does Diamond argue determined when a group would adopt food production?
10. What is surprising about where food production developed early?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)