|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) Stored crop surpluses
(c) Greater intelligence
(d) A capitalist society
2. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It increased their faith in God.
(b) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(c) They were able to read the King's demands.
(d) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
3. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(a) New Guinea
(c) North America
4. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and metal tools
(b) Technology and education
(c) Technology and metal tools.
(d) Agriculture and education
5. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They had fewer diseases
(b) They worked fewer hours
(c) They were better nourished
(d) They died younger
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
2. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
5. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are several stages in the development of plant domestication? Which plants were domesticated in each stage?
2. How are seeds dispersed?
3. What made the spread of Austronesian culture possible?
4. What is surprising about where food production developed early?
5. How did leaders of kleptocracies gain support for their systems?
6. What was the development of humans like before the Great Leap Forward?
7. What are the four stages in how diseases are transferred from animals to humans?
8. What are the three basic strategies for writing systems?
9. Where did food production develop independently?
10. What misconceptions exist about the transition from hunter-gatherers to food producers?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)