|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(b) Wooden clubs
(c) Steel swords
(d) Iron plated ships
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(d) Locally dense
3. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(d) Ulysses S. Grant
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Feudal lords
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
3. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
4. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
5. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the encounter between the Incas and the Spanish?
2. Infectious diseases that become epidemics tend to share what characteristics?
3. Why was a north-south axis a disadvantage in the domestication of plants?
4. What does Diamond argue determined when a group would adopt food production?
5. Why does Diamond think inventions occur?
6. Why did Eurasia have an advantage in the domestication of animals?
7. What advantages did the Bantu have over other African groups?
8. What are the four different types of societies that Diamond discusses?
9. Why did infectious diseases give some groups an advantage over others?
10. How is the production of food related to the advantages of guns, germs, and steel?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)