|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They were used as weapons
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) More packing room
(d) Greater manueverability
2. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
3. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(b) Fruit trees
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francis Drake
(b) Francisco Pizarro
(c) Ferdinand Magellan
(d) Christopher Columbus
5. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(b) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(c) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(d) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do archeologists date food production?
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
3. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
4. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
5. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the domestication of animals give some societies an advantage?
2. How does food production relate to a greater population?
3. How does the shift to sedentary lifestyles change societies?
4. How did the Maori and the Moriori differ?
5. Why was a north-south axis a disadvantage in the domestication of plants?
6. How are seeds dispersed?
7. What is one other explanation (different than Diamond's) to explain the uneven distribution of wealth and power.
8. What are some areas where food production didn't develop early on but the environment is ecologically suited to food production?
9. How did humans choose which plants to begin domesticating?
10. Why does Diamond believe that China was once more diverse than it is now?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)