|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(d) A government
2. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) Based on historical evidence
(b) A misconception
(c) A scientific guess
(d) True in all areas
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Less warfare
(b) Sparser societies
(c) Denser human populations
(d) Increased hunger
4. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They had already acquired immunity.
(b) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(c) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(d) They practiced better sanitation.
5. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Similar climates
(b) Different climates
(c) Areas of farmland
(d) The domestication of animals
Short Answer Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
4. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
5. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did leaders of kleptocracies gain support for their systems?
2. What are the four stages in how diseases are transferred from animals to humans?
3. Why did food production not occur earlier in history?
4. How did the ability to use domesticated plants and animals differentiate the Polynesian societies?
5. How does the shift to sedentary lifestyles change societies?
6. What misconceptions exist about the transition from hunter-gatherers to food producers?
7. What is surprising about where food production developed early?
8. What advantages did the Spanish have over the Incas?
9. Why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important according to Diamond?
10. What advantages did the Fertile Crescent have in domesticating plants?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)