|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(b) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(c) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
2. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
3. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of stone tools
(b) The mass extinction of large mammals
(c) The development of ocean going crafts
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(a) The coffee bean
5. The Maori had what type of population?
(c) Locally dense
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
2. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
3. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
4. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
5. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did societies in New Guinea and Australia develop differently?
2. What advantages did the Fertile Crescent have in domesticating plants?
3. Why does Diamond think inventions occur?
4. How did leaders of kleptocracies gain support for their systems?
5. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas? Why was this important?
6. What happened in the encounter between the Incas and the Spanish?
7. How are seeds dispersed?
8. What are several stages in the development of plant domestication? Which plants were domesticated in each stage?
9. Why is the axis of a continent important?
10. Why did infectious diseases give some groups an advantage over others?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)