|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(d) Lima beans
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A resistance to disease
3. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
4. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
5. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(d) The coffee bean
6. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(a) North America
(c) Any of them could have developed most quickly
7. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) More physical work
(b) More nomadic lifestyles
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) Less physical demands
8. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
9. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 1 million years ago
(b) 2 thousand years ago
(c) 7 million years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
10. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(d) More difficult
11. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Francisco Pizarro
12. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(d) A government
13. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) South America
(c) New Guinea
14. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
15. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(b) Wooden clubs
(c) Steel swords
(d) Iron plated ships
Short Answer Questions
1. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
2. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
4. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
5. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)