|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 10,000 years ago
(b) 50,000 years ago
(c) 25,000 years ago
(d) 2,000 years ago
3. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
4. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(b) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(c) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
5. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
6. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
7. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decline of wild foods
(b) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(c) The decrease in the population
(d) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
8. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(c) Access to water
9. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
10. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(b) More difficult
11. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
12. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) The domestication of animals
(b) Similar climates
(c) Different climates
(d) Areas of farmland
13. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(a) Sets of domesticated plants
14. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A domesticated plant
(c) A foreign plant
(d) A native plant
15. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first Home Sapiens
(b) The first use of stone tools
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The development of water going crafts
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
2. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
3. Where did the Maori live?
4. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
5. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)