|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The development of water going crafts
(b) Humans arriving in North America
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) The first use of stone tools
3. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
4. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(b) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(c) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
(d) Only raised cultivated crops
5. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
6. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(b) Founder crops
7. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
8. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decrease in the population
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(d) The decline of wild foods
9. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of water
(b) Advantages of seeds
(c) Advantages of youth
(d) Advantages of steel
10. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(b) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(c) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(d) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
11. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
12. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
13. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Giant kangaroo
(c) Wholly mammoth
(d) Saber tooth tigers
14. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(b) It increased their faith in God.
(c) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
15. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. All people were once what?
3. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
4. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
5. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)