|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(b) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
2. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(b) X-rays of the food
(c) An examination of written texts
(d) Genetic testing of human descendents
3. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
4. The Maori had what type of population?
(a) Locally dense
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) Humans arriving in North America
(b) The development of water going crafts
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) The first use of stone tools
6. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The availability of metals
(b) The amount of sunlight
(c) The absence of germs
(d) The cold climate
7. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(a) Emmer wheat
8. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
(a) Wild animal populations decreased.
(b) The number of seabirds increased.
(c) They discovered that the foods were more healthy.
(d) They discovered they could save time.
9. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
(b) It killed off the most large mammals.
(c) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(d) It required watercraft.
10. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) It is very diverse.
(b) The groups had no contact with each other.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) The islands are all large.
11. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
12. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) A nomadic lifestyle
13. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
14. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
15. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
(a) 8000 B.C.
(b) 2500 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 5000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
4. What weapon was used by the Incas?
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)