Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(d) Gas powered machinery
2. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 2 thousand years ago
(b) 7 million years ago
(c) 1 million years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
3. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 10,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 50,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
4. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
5. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
6. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) A capitalist society
(c) Greater intelligence
(d) Stored crop surpluses
7. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(a) Australian Aborigines
8. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) South America
(c) New Guinea
9. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
10. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(a) Southwestern Asia
(d) North America
11. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The disappearance of human ancestors
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The development of ocean going crafts
(d) The mass extinction of large mammals
12. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
(a) Why domesticated animals became extinct
(b) Why hunter-gatherers adopted plant production
(c) How hunter-gathereres found food
(d) How ancient farmers domesticated plants
13. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
14. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(b) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Only raised cultivated crops
15. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(b) The decrease in the population
(c) The decline of wild foods
(d) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
Short Answer Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. Independent food production began in how many places?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)