|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
2. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
(a) There were no large mammals available.
(b) People weren't intelligent enough to figure it out.
(c) The environment in the area was too poor for farming.
(d) There was some problem with the wild plants available.
3. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) A capitalist society
(c) Stored crop surpluses
(d) Greater intelligence
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Different climates
(b) Similar climates
(c) The domestication of animals
(d) Areas of farmland
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Creates more questions
(b) Makes individuals mad
(c) Complicates race relations
(d) Justifies the domination
6. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
7. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(b) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(c) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
8. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(b) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(c) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(d) Many Incas died as a result of them.
9. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
10. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) Wild animals were widely available
(b) There were no tools for food production
(c) People were involved in creating weapons
(d) Wild plants were not available
11. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(d) Fruit trees
12. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Steel swords
(c) Wooden clubs
(d) Iron plated ships
13. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
14. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of youth
(c) Advantages of water
(d) Advantages of steel
15. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(b) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(c) The Incas fled to Peru
(d) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. All people were once what?
2. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
3. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
4. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
5. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)