|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) The ability to conquer other groups
(c) Large populations
(d) A capitalist society
2. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
(a) The area had cool summers and dry winters.
(b) The area was high in rainfall.
(c) There were many plants that could be domesticated.
(d) It was in the Mediterranean climate.
3. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(c) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Feudal lords
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) A scientific guess
(b) True in all areas
(c) A misconception
(d) Based on historical evidence
6. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
7. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(d) Sets of domesticated plants
8. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Reindeer spread the seeds
(d) Differing amounts of rainfall
9. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) The domestication of animals
(b) Areas of farmland
(c) Similar climates
(d) Different climates
10. What are "selfer" plants?
(a) Plants that can be started by people
(b) Plants that take more soil nutrients than other plants
(c) Plants that pollinate themselves
(d) Plants that contain a high level of Vitamin B
11. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Domesticated animals
(c) Contaminated water
(d) Air-born organisms
12. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(b) The Americas
13. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Giant kangaroo
(b) Saber tooth tigers
(d) Wholly mammoth
14. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(b) More difficult
15. The Maori had what type of population?
(c) Locally dense
Short Answer Questions
1. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
2. Wild almonds are what?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)