|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) South America
(c) Western Europe
(d) North America
2. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
3. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and education
(b) Technology and education
(c) Agriculture and metal tools
(d) Technology and metal tools.
4. Wild almonds are what?
(a) Healthier than domesticated
(b) Less bitter than domesticated
(c) Sweeter than domesticated
5. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(c) Emmer wheat
6. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
7. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of water
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of seeds
(d) Advantages of youth
8. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
9. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Laws could be known by everyone.
(b) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(c) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(d) People could communicate with each other.
10. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A native plant
(c) A domesticated plant
(d) A foreign plant
11. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(a) Australian Aborigines
12. All people were once what?
(a) Wheat producers
(b) Immune to diseases
(c) Hunters and gatherers
13. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They were better nourished
(b) They died younger
(c) They worked fewer hours
(d) They had fewer diseases
14. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(a) Lima beans
15. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
(a) Height differences
(b) Monetary differences
(c) Brain size differences
(d) Racial differences
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
3. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
4. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)