|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
(a) A hunter-gatherer society
(b) A small population
(c) A large, sedentary population
(d) Bad sanitation
2. Where does Diamond believe that more research needs to be done?
(a) How biological differences influence development
(b) How racial differences influence development
(c) How intelligence differences influence development
(d) How cultural differences influence development
3. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(c) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
(d) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Steel swords
(c) Iron plated ships
Short Answer Questions
1. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
2. What factor meant that population could grow?
3. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)