|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Racially inferior to Europeans
(b) More diverse than we tend to think
(c) Less populous than Australia
(d) Very homogeneous
2. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(d) More difficult
3. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Francisco Pizarro
5. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
(a) Denser populations
(b) The lack of epidemics
(c) Better watercraft
(d) Superior tools and weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
2. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)