|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of water
(c) Advantages of steel
(d) Advantages of youth
2. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) New Guinea
(d) South America
3. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(b) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(c) Organizing societies by biological race
(d) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
4. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
(a) Peoples' curiosity and tinkering
(b) Perceived need
(c) Greater creativity
(d) Superior intelligence
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(a) Sets of domesticated plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
2. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
3. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
5. Africa has what type of axis?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)