|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By giving in when challenged
2. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(b) Organizing societies by biological race
(c) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(d) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
3. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(b) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(c) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(d) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
4. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) Greater manueverability
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) More packing room
(d) They were used as weapons
5. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
2. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
3. What are the smallest societies known as?
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
5. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)