|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(b) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
(c) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(d) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
2. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(a) Places where food production arose
(b) Places were science was a major focus
(d) Capitalist societies
3. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They died younger
(b) They worked fewer hours
(c) They had fewer diseases
(d) They were better nourished
4. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) A few
(c) Only one place on each continent
(d) Only one
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(b) Giant kangaroo
(c) Wholly mammoth
(d) Saber tooth tigers
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
2. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
3. The language that did most of the conquering or "engulfing" in Africa was which of the following?
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
5. Wild almonds are what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)