|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
(a) Too many plants that could be domesticated
(b) Too much rainfall to support domesticated plants
(c) The dry conditions on the continent
(d) Fertile soils
2. Africa has what type of axis?
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) Large populations
(c) The ability to conquer other groups
(d) A capitalist society
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Less physical demands
(b) More physical work
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) More nomadic lifestyles
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. What advantage did horses provide?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)