|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
2. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(b) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(c) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(d) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
3. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
(a) Historical studies
(b) Trial and error
(c) Random choices
(d) Scientific analysis
4. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) A nomadic lifestyle
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
4. Once something is invented, what must happen?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)