|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Air-born organisms
(b) Contaminated water
(c) Domesticated animals
2. What foods did people in the Americas depend on?
(a) Protein-rich cows
(b) Protein-poor wheat
(c) Protein-rich rice
(d) Protein-poor corn
3. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(b) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(c) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(d) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
5. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
(a) Several species of plants that could be domesticated
(b) A natural disaster
(c) Some type of fruit tree
(d) An abundance of wild game
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
2. The language that did most of the conquering or "engulfing" in Africa was which of the following?
3. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)