|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) It is very diverse.
(b) The islands are all large.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) The groups had no contact with each other.
2. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
(a) These societies invented more items than other societies
(b) These societies provide many examples of how culture inhibited the spread of technology
(c) These societies provide examples of how societies resisted epidemics
(d) These societies provide so many examples of how environment influences and shapes history
3. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Racially inferior to Europeans
(b) Very homogeneous
(c) Less populous than Australia
(d) More diverse than we tend to think
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The amount of germs
(b) The lack of materials
(c) The heat
(d) The lower intelligence
5. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
2. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
3. Independent food production began in how many places?
4. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
5. How do inventions spread?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)