|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(b) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(c) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(d) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
2. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francisco Pizarro
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Ferdinand Magellan
3. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas?
(a) Denser populations
(b) Sparser populations
(c) More intelligent people
(d) The domestication of large mammals
4. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
(c) Phonetic signs
5. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(b) A resistance to disease
(c) Steel production
(d) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
3. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)