|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
2. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(b) "Outrigger" canoes
3. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
(a) It was in the Mediterranean climate.
(b) There were many plants that could be domesticated.
(c) The area was high in rainfall.
(d) The area had cool summers and dry winters.
4. What does Diamond attribute the differences in development to?
(c) The environment
5. China has how many "big" languages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
2. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
3. Wild almonds are what?
4. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
5. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)