|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
3. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
4. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(d) New Guinea
5. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
(a) Too much rainfall to support domesticated plants
(b) Fertile soils
(c) Too many plants that could be domesticated
(d) The dry conditions on the continent
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
4. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
5. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)