|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A resistance to disease
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(a) Locally dense
3. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
(a) Southwestern Australia
(b) Western Europe
4. What foods did people in the Americas depend on?
(a) Protein-poor corn
(b) Protein-poor wheat
(c) Protein-rich rice
(d) Protein-rich cows
5. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(a) Gas powered machinery
Short Answer Questions
1. China has how many "big" languages?
2. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
3. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
4. How many basic writing systems exist?
5. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)