|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The groups had no contact with each other.
(b) The islands are all large.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) It is very diverse.
2. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) Wild plants were not available
(b) There were no tools for food production
(c) Wild animals were widely available
(d) People were involved in creating weapons
3. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(a) "Outrigger" canoes
4. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
5. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
3. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
4. Diamond argues that European conquest of Africa had nothing to do with what?
5. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)