|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Feudal lords
2. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) The arrival of humans
(b) Killer bees
(c) Rapid diseases
(d) Climate change
5. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Places were science was a major focus
(c) Capitalist societies
(d) Places where food production arose
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
2. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)