|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(c) New Guinea
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The development of water going crafts
(b) The first Home Sapiens
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The first use of stone tools
3. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
(a) A hammer
(b) A wood pounder
(c) A tree downer
(d) A bark beater
4. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
5. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
(d) "Outrigger" canoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
2. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
4. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)