|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(a) The Americas
2. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The closeness to North America
(b) Trade with Europeans
(c) The environment
(d) The tropical climate on all islands
3. All crops began as what?
(a) A domesticated plant
(b) A foreign plant
(c) A native plant
(d) A wild plant species
4. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
(a) Humans pick up the diseases from other humans.
(b) Pathogens establish themselves in humans and the disease does not die out.
(c) The major epidemic disease becomes confined to humans.
(d) Humans pick up germs and diseases from pets and domestic animals but the germs are still only passed from animal to human, not between humans.
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(b) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(c) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(d) The Spanish horses were left weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
2. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
3. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
4. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)