|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
(a) 2500 B.C.
(b) 5000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 8000 B.C.
3. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(b) The Incas fled to Peru
(c) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(d) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
4. What are "selfer" plants?
(a) Plants that pollinate themselves
(b) Plants that contain a high level of Vitamin B
(c) Plants that can be started by people
(d) Plants that take more soil nutrients than other plants
5. All people were once what?
(a) Immune to diseases
(b) Wheat producers
(c) Hunters and gatherers
Short Answer Questions
1. What was early writing used for primarily?
2. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
3. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
4. China has how many "big" languages?
5. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)