|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(c) Steel swords
(d) Sling shots
2. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
3. Once something is invented, what must happen?
(a) The inventor must keep people away from the invention.
(b) The inventor must patent the invention.
(c) The inventor must keep people from copying the invention.
(d) The inventor must convince society to make use of it.
4. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Places where food production arose
(c) Places were science was a major focus
(d) Capitalist societies
5. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(c) Fertilizer for other plants
(d) Access to water
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first stage in the transition of diseases to humans?
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
4. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
5. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)