|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Contaminated water
(c) Domesticated animals
(d) Air-born organisms
2. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Places were science was a major focus
(c) Places where food production arose
(d) Capitalist societies
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(b) The Americas
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) A nomadic lifestyle
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Makes individuals mad
(b) Complicates race relations
(c) Creates more questions
(d) Justifies the domination
Short Answer Questions
1. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
3. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
4. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
5. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)