|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(b) The decline of wild foods
(c) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(d) The decrease in the population
2. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(c) How environments shape societies
(d) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
3. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and metal tools.
(b) Technology and education
(c) Agriculture and education
(d) Agriculture and metal tools
4. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By acquiring Canadian crops
(c) By acquiring Mexican crops
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
5. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
2. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
3. How do archeologists date food production?
4. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
5. When did the history of humans begin?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)