|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
(d) Native Americans
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. How many "little" languages does China have?
4. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas not fit for food production
(b) Areas with lots of water
(c) Areas where natural resources are abundant
(d) Areas near the equator
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Differing amounts of rainfall
(d) Reindeer spread the seeds
Short Answer Questions
1. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
2. Where did writing develop?
3. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
4. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
5. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)