|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) A few
(d) Only one
2. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Increased hunger
(b) Denser human populations
(c) Less warfare
(d) Sparser societies
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By acquiring Mexican crops
(c) By domesticating wild yaks
(d) By acquiring Canadian crops
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Different climates
(b) The domestication of animals
(c) Areas of farmland
(d) Similar climates
5. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
(a) Native Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
2. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
3. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
4. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
5. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)