|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 3,000 B.C.
(b) 8,500 B.C.
(c) 12,500 B.C.
(d) 100 B.C.
2. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
3. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
(a) Superior intelligence
(b) Peoples' curiosity and tinkering
(c) Greater creativity
(d) Perceived need
4. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first use of stone tools
(b) The first Home Sapiens
(c) The development of water going crafts
(d) Humans arriving in North America
5. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
(a) The dry conditions on the continent
(b) Too much rainfall to support domesticated plants
(c) Fertile soils
(d) Too many plants that could be domesticated
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans developed on what continent?
2. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
3. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
4. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
5. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)