|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(c) Founder crops
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) A capitalist society
(c) Stored crop surpluses
(d) Greater intelligence
3. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
(b) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(c) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(d) The Incas fled to Peru
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
4. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
5. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)