|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
(a) Less bitter than domesticated
(b) Sweeter than domesticated
(d) Healthier than domesticated
2. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
3. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(c) Lima beans
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(c) Feudal lords
(d) Hunters and gatherers
5. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) Steel production
(b) A resistance to disease
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
3. Once something is invented, what must happen?
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
5. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)