|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Mexican crops
(b) By conquering the Spanish
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
2. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) South America
(c) New Guinea
5. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 1 million years ago
(b) 15 million years ago
(c) 2 thousand years ago
(d) 7 million years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
2. What are "selfer" plants?
3. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
4. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
5. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)