|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(b) New Guinea
(d) North America
2. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
3. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
4. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
(a) An abundance of wild game
(b) A natural disaster
(c) Some type of fruit tree
(d) Several species of plants that could be domesticated
5. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
Short Answer Questions
1. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
3. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
4. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
5. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)