|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(b) The decrease in the population
(c) The decline of wild foods
(d) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(b) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(c) Only raised cultivated crops
(d) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(c) A government
4. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(b) New Guinea
5. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) More nomadic lifestyles
(b) More physical work
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) Less physical demands
Short Answer Questions
1. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
3. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
4. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
5. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)