|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) Western Europe
(c) North America
(d) South America
3. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(b) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(c) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(d) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
4. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(b) Southwestern Asia
(d) North America
5. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
Short Answer Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
2. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
3. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
4. Wild almonds are what?
5. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)