|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
2. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
(a) The area had cool summers and dry winters.
(b) There were many plants that could be domesticated.
(c) The area was high in rainfall.
(d) It was in the Mediterranean climate.
3. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The societies are all warrior societies.
(b) The groups had no contact with each other.
(c) It is very diverse.
(d) The islands are all large.
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Feudal lords
(c) Hunters and gatherers
5. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(b) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(c) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(d) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. What is necessary for a disease to become an epidemic?
4. What are "selfer" plants?
5. What was early writing used for primarily?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)