|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The groups had no contact with each other.
(b) The societies are all warrior societies.
(c) The islands are all large.
(d) It is very diverse.
2. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
3. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He feels that they are correct.
(b) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(c) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(d) He feels that they are wrong.
4. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(b) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(c) Laws could be known by everyone.
(d) People could communicate with each other.
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
Short Answer Questions
1. Once something is invented, what must happen?
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
3. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
5. How do inventions spread?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)