|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Only raised cultivated crops
(b) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
2. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The amount of germs
(b) The lack of materials
(c) The lower intelligence
(d) The heat
3. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(c) Lima beans
4. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
(a) They discovered they could save time.
(b) The number of seabirds increased.
(c) They discovered that the foods were more healthy.
(d) Wild animal populations decreased.
5. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
2. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
3. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
5. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)