|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
2. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
3. Why did Australians not develop writing, more complex technologies, or more complex societies?
(a) The groups in Australia were very cohesive.
(b) Australia communicated frequently with others who had these technologies.
(c) They had a larger population than other continents.
(d) Australia was isolated from other societies.
4. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
5. What are "selfer" plants?
(a) Plants that can be started by people
(b) Plants that pollinate themselves
(c) Plants that contain a high level of Vitamin B
(d) Plants that take more soil nutrients than other plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
2. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
3. What factor meant that population could grow?
4. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
5. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)