|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(a) North America
(b) New Guinea
2. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
3. How many basic writing systems exist?
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) The arrival of humans
(c) Climate change
(d) Killer bees
5. China has how many "big" languages?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "selfer" plants?
2. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
5. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)