|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(b) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(c) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(d) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
2. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) A large large comet hit the earth.
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(d) The ice age
3. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
(b) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(c) It allows for a sedentary life.
(d) People had the energy to create.
4. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By giving in when challenged
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
2. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
5. What was early writing used for primarily?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)