|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(d) More difficult
2. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
3. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They died younger
(b) They worked fewer hours
(c) They were better nourished
(d) They had fewer diseases
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(b) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(c) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
5. Where did writing develop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
2. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
5. When did independent food production begin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)