|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
(b) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(c) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(d) Organizing societies by biological race
2. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
(a) Historical studies
(b) Scientific analysis
(c) Trial and error
(d) Random choices
3. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By giving in when challenged
(b) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By renouncing war
4. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(a) Southwest Asia
(b) The Americas
5. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A resistance to disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor meant that population could grow?
2. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
3. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
4. Wild almonds are what?
5. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)