|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a benefit that institutionalized religion provides?
(a) Organizing societies by biological race
(b) Frameworks for unrelated individuals to live together without killing each other
(c) The ability to rid a society of evil spirits
(d) A way to redistribute money from the wealthy to the poor
2. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(b) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(c) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(d) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
3. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They were used as weapons
(b) More packing room
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Access to water
(b) Fertilizer for other plants
5. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
(a) South America
(b) The eastern edge of Canada
(c) The Fertile Crescent
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
2. Why is food production important for inventions?
3. What are "selfer" plants?
4. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)