|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
(a) Some type of fruit tree
(b) A natural disaster
(c) Several species of plants that could be domesticated
(d) An abundance of wild game
2. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) It allows for a sedentary life.
(b) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(c) People had the energy to create.
(d) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
3. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
(a) How hunter-gathereres found food
(b) Why hunter-gatherers adopted plant production
(c) Why domesticated animals became extinct
(d) How ancient farmers domesticated plants
4. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decline of wild foods
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decrease in the population
(d) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francisco Pizarro
(b) Ferdinand Magellan
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Christopher Columbus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
4. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
5. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)