|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) Greater manueverability
(b) They were used as weapons
(c) More packing room
(d) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) A few
(b) Only one
(c) Only one place on each continent
(d) Many places
4. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
(a) The number of seabirds increased.
(b) They discovered that the foods were more healthy.
(c) Wild animal populations decreased.
(d) They discovered they could save time.
5. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(c) Emmer wheat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
2. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
3. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)