|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond suggests that inventions occur because of what?
(a) Peoples' curiosity and tinkering
(b) Perceived need
(c) Superior intelligence
(d) Greater creativity
2. Which of the following is not a major infectious disease?
3. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It increased their faith in God.
(b) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(c) They were able to read the King's demands.
(d) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
4. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) They were rare.
(b) They were too easy to cultivate.
(c) Their production was low.
(d) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) Fewer natural predators
(b) A nomadic lifestyle
(c) The availability of more consumable calories
(d) The availability of shelter materials
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
2. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
3. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
4. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
5. Diseases that become epidemics infect which group?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)