|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By choosing not to develop weapons
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By renouncing war
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(b) The coffee bean
5. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
(a) Why hunter-gatherers adopted plant production
(b) Why domesticated animals became extinct
(c) How hunter-gathereres found food
(d) How ancient farmers domesticated plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
5. How do inventions spread?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)