|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All people were once what?
(a) Wheat producers
(b) Immune to diseases
(c) Hunters and gatherers
2. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(b) A large large comet hit the earth.
(c) Germs introduced by humans
(d) The ice age
4. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The cold climate
(b) The absence of germs
(c) The amount of sunlight
(d) The availability of metals
5. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
(a) In large productive regions with large human populations
(b) In areas where food production was just beginning
(c) In isolated areas with small populations
(d) In nomadic societies
Short Answer Questions
1. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
2. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
3. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
5. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)