|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(b) Southwestern Asia
(c) North America
2. What are the smallest societies known as?
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How environments shape societies
(d) How shared culture is important
4. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(b) New Guinea
(c) South America
5. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(d) Natural selection
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
2. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
3. Wild almonds are what?
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)