|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
(b) South America
(c) The Fertile Crescent
(d) The eastern edge of Canada
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) A capitalist society
(c) Stored crop surpluses
(d) Greater intelligence
3. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) Their production was low.
(b) They were too easy to cultivate.
(c) They were rare.
(d) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
4. What is human's slowest defense against germs?
(b) Natural selection
5. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(a) North America
(c) South America
(d) Western Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
2. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
3. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
4. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)