|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(a) Southwestern Asia
(b) North America
2. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of youth
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of water
(d) Advantages of seeds
3. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A foreign plant
(c) A native plant
(d) A domesticated plant
4. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
5. What are the smallest societies known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
4. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
5. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)