|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They worked fewer hours
(b) They had fewer diseases
(c) They were better nourished
(d) They died younger
2. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(c) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(b) Australian Aborigines
5. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(b) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(d) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
2. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
3. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
5. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)