|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Pacific states in North America
(c) The Argentine pampas
(d) The Cape region of South Africa
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. The main killers in Africa and the Americas came from where?
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Climate change
(b) Rapid diseases
(c) The arrival of humans
(d) Killer bees
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) Differing amounts of rainfall
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Reindeer spread the seeds
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
4. When did independent food production begin?
5. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)