|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
(a) A more complex, centralized government
(b) More nomadic populations who wouldn't compete for resources
(c) Decentralized food production
(d) A writing system beyond the alphabet
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) More nomadic lifestyles
(b) Less physical demands
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) More physical work
3. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The amount of germs
(b) The lower intelligence
(c) The heat
(d) The lack of materials
4. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of stone tools
(b) The disappearance of human ancestors
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
4. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)