|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) Greater manueverability
(b) They were used as weapons
(c) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(d) More packing room
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(b) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(c) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(d) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
4. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(b) He feels that they are correct.
(c) He feels that they are wrong.
(d) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
5. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and metal tools
(b) Agriculture and education
(c) Technology and metal tools.
(d) Technology and education
Short Answer Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
4. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
5. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)