|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
2. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Killer bees
(b) Rapid diseases
(c) The arrival of humans
(d) Climate change
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(a) The Americas
4. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) Differing amounts of rainfall
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Reindeer spread the seeds
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
4. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
5. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)