|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
(a) The Fertile Crescent
(b) South America
(c) The eastern edge of Canada
2. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 12,500 B.C.
(b) 8,500 B.C.
(c) 100 B.C.
(d) 3,000 B.C.
3. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(b) Fruit trees
4. The Maori had what type of population?
(b) Locally dense
5. Once something is invented, what must happen?
(a) The inventor must keep people from copying the invention.
(b) The inventor must convince society to make use of it.
(c) The inventor must keep people away from the invention.
(d) The inventor must patent the invention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
4. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)