|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The disappearance of human ancestors
(d) The mass extinction of large mammals
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) Western Europe
(c) South America
(d) North America
3. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Steel swords
(b) Iron plated ships
(d) Wooden clubs
4. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 8,500 B.C.
(b) 100 B.C.
(c) 12,500 B.C.
(d) 3,000 B.C.
5. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The amount of germs
(b) The heat
(c) The lack of materials
(d) The lower intelligence
Short Answer Questions
1. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
2. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
5. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)