|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(a) Lima beans
2. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) Large populations
(b) A capitalist society
(c) The ability to store food
(d) The ability to conquer other groups
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(b) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(c) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(d) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
5. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 100 B.C.
(b) 8,500 B.C.
(c) 12,500 B.C.
(d) 3,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
2. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
3. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
4. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
5. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)