|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They had fewer diseases
(b) They worked fewer hours
(c) They were better nourished
(d) They died younger
2. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(b) Lima beans
3. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The lower intelligence
(b) The lack of materials
(c) The heat
(d) The amount of germs
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Sling shots
(c) Steel swords
(d) Wooden clubs
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(b) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(c) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(d) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
2. What are "selfer" plants?
3. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
4. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)