|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 10,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 50,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(d) Locally dense
3. Wild almonds are what?
(a) Sweeter than domesticated
(c) Healthier than domesticated
(d) Less bitter than domesticated
4. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
5. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
3. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
4. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)