|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "selfer" plants?
(a) Plants that take more soil nutrients than other plants
(b) Plants that can be started by people
(c) Plants that contain a high level of Vitamin B
(d) Plants that pollinate themselves
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(a) More difficult
4. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(d) Fruit trees
5. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) There were no tools for food production
(b) People were involved in creating weapons
(c) Wild animals were widely available
(d) Wild plants were not available
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
2. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
4. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)