|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(d) Emmer wheat
2. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(c) Founder crops
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How environments shape societies
(b) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(c) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(d) How shared culture is important
4. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) Western Europe
(b) North America
(c) The Arctic Circle
(d) Warm climates
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
3. Where did the Maori live?
4. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)