|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) More physical work
(b) Fewer hours of labor each day
(c) Less physical demands
(d) More nomadic lifestyles
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Greater intelligence
(b) A capitalist society
(c) Stored crop surpluses
3. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(b) Access to water
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(b) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(c) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Steel swords
(c) Wooden clubs
(d) Sling shots
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
2. What are "selfer" plants?
3. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
4. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
5. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)