|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Domesticated animals
(b) Air-born organisms
(c) Contaminated water
2. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) X-rays of the food
(b) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(c) Genetic testing of human descendents
(d) An examination of written texts
3. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(b) The coffee bean
4. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It increased their faith in God.
(b) They were able to read the King's demands.
(c) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(d) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
2. All crops began as what?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)