|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(a) Gas powered machinery
2. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas not fit for food production
(b) Areas with lots of water
(c) Areas near the equator
(d) Areas where natural resources are abundant
3. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Justifies the domination
(b) Creates more questions
(c) Complicates race relations
(d) Makes individuals mad
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Killer bees
(b) Climate change
(c) Rapid diseases
(d) The arrival of humans
5. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Less warfare
(b) Increased hunger
(c) Sparser societies
(d) Denser human populations
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
3. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
4. What weapon was used by the Incas?
5. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)