|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 8,500 B.C.
(b) 3,000 B.C.
(c) 12,500 B.C.
(d) 100 B.C.
3. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The societies are all warrior societies.
(b) The islands are all large.
(c) It is very diverse.
(d) The groups had no contact with each other.
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Domesticated animals
(b) Contaminated water
(d) Air-born organisms
5. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How environments shape societies
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How shared culture is important
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
2. What was the importance of a written language?
3. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
4. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)