|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
(a) The spread of illnesses
(b) The different rates of human development
(c) The domination of Western Europe
(d) The creation of metal tools
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. Humans developed on what continent?
4. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) People were involved in creating weapons
(b) Wild animals were widely available
(c) Wild plants were not available
(d) There were no tools for food production
5. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(b) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(c) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(d) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
3. What weapon was used by the Incas?
4. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
5. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)