|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By domesticating wild yaks
(b) By acquiring Canadian crops
(c) By conquering the Spanish
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
2. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Makes individuals mad
(b) Complicates race relations
(c) Creates more questions
(d) Justifies the domination
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first use of stone tools
(b) The development of water going crafts
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The first Home Sapiens
4. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(c) Emmer wheat
5. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decrease in the population
(b) The decline of wild foods
(c) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(d) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
Short Answer Questions
1. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)