|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(d) Emmer wheat
2. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) A few
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) Many places
(d) Only one
3. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 25,000 years ago
(c) 2,000 years ago
(d) 10,000 years ago
5. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He feels that they are wrong.
(b) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(c) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(d) He feels that they are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
2. What factor meant that population could grow?
3. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
4. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
5. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)