|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A foreign plant
(c) A native plant
(d) A domesticated plant
2. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 1 million years ago
(b) 15 million years ago
(c) 7 million years ago
(d) 2 thousand years ago
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
5. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
(a) Brain size differences
(b) Racial differences
(c) Monetary differences
(d) Height differences
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
3. What are "selfer" plants?
4. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
5. What advantage did horses provide?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)