|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of more consumable calories
(b) The availability of shelter materials
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) Fewer natural predators
3. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 25,000 years ago
(b) 50,000 years ago
(c) 10,000 years ago
(d) 2,000 years ago
4. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
(a) 2500 B.C.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 8000 B.C.
(d) 5000 B.C.
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) Based on historical evidence
(b) A misconception
(c) True in all areas
(d) A scientific guess
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
2. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
3. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
4. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)