|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(b) New Zealand
(c) Easter Island
2. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(d) Emmer wheat
3. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Killer bees
(b) Climate change
(c) Rapid diseases
(d) The arrival of humans
4. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(b) Lima beans
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Iron plated ships
(c) Wooden clubs
(d) Steel swords
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
2. What was the importance of a written language?
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)