|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
2. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(d) The Americas
3. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It required watercraft.
(b) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
(c) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(d) It killed off the most large mammals.
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(a) Australian Aborigines
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(b) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(c) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(d) The Spanish horses were left weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
2. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
5. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)