|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of water
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of seeds
(d) Advantages of youth
4. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The absence of germs
(b) The availability of metals
(c) The cold climate
(d) The amount of sunlight
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
Short Answer Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
2. All people were once what?
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
5. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)