|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Maori had what type of population?
(d) Locally dense
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Only raised cultivated crops
(b) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) The ice age
(d) A large large comet hit the earth.
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(d) The coffee bean
5. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Climate change
(b) Killer bees
(c) The arrival of humans
(d) Rapid diseases
Short Answer Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
4. Where did the Maori live?
5. Humans developed on what continent?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)