|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and metal tools.
(b) Technology and education
(c) Agriculture and metal tools
(d) Agriculture and education
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(c) By giving in when challenged
(d) By choosing not to develop weapons
3. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Argentine pampas
(b) The Pacific states in North America
(c) The Cape region of South Africa
4. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(b) North America
(d) New Guinea
5. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
(a) Trial and error
(b) Random choices
(c) Scientific analysis
(d) Historical studies
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
2. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
3. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
5. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)