|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A foreign plant
(c) A domesticated plant
(d) A native plant
2. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Feudal lords
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) People were involved in creating weapons
(b) Wild plants were not available
(c) Wild animals were widely available
(d) There were no tools for food production
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By acquiring Mexican crops
(d) By acquiring Canadian crops
Short Answer Questions
1. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
2. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
3. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)