|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Zebras, Unhappy Marriages, and <I>Anna Karenina</I>".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) South America
(c) North America
(d) Western Europe
3. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decrease in the population
(d) The decline of wild foods
4. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Fewer hours of labor each day
(b) Less physical demands
(c) More nomadic lifestyles
(d) More physical work
5. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(a) Australian Aborigines
Short Answer Questions
1. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. Which of these areas does not have a climate similar to the Fertile Crescent?
4. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)