|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of water
(b) Advantages of seeds
(c) Advantages of youth
(d) Advantages of steel
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(a) Western Europe
(b) North America
(c) South America
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They had already acquired immunity.
(b) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(c) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(d) They practiced better sanitation.
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) Climate change
(c) Killer bees
(d) The arrival of humans
5. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(d) Fruit trees
Short Answer Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
2. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
3. When did the history of humans begin?
4. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
5. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)