|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) The ice age
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) A large large comet hit the earth.
(d) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Only raised cultivated crops
(b) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
3. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) Climate change
(c) Killer bees
(d) The arrival of humans
4. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(b) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(c) They had already acquired immunity.
(d) They practiced better sanitation.
5. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
2. When did the history of humans begin?
3. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
5. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)