|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(c) Lima beans
2. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By acquiring Canadian crops
(c) By acquiring Mexican crops
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one place on each continent
(b) Many places
(c) A few
(d) Only one
5. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 100 A.D.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 6,000 B.C.
(d) 8,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
2. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
5. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)