|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(a) Sets of domesticated plants
2. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Francisco Pizarro
3. All crops began as what?
(a) A foreign plant
(b) A native plant
(c) A domesticated plant
(d) A wild plant species
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(b) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) Many Incas died as a result of them.
5. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
2. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
3. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
4. What advantage did horses provide?
5. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)