|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
(a) The creation of metal tools
(b) The spread of illnesses
(c) The different rates of human development
(d) The domination of Western Europe
2. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(c) Founder crops
3. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 6,000 B.C.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 8,000 B.C.
4. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) More packing room
(b) Greater manueverability
(c) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(d) They were used as weapons
5. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A domesticated plant
(c) A native plant
(d) A foreign plant
Short Answer Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
2. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
3. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
5. Where did the Maori live?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)