|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 7 million years ago
(b) 1 million years ago
(c) 2 thousand years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
2. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) A few
(c) Only one place on each continent
(d) Only one
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(b) North America
(d) Any of them could have developed most quickly
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Air-born organisms
(b) Contaminated water
(c) Domesticated animals
5. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(b) They were used as weapons
(c) More packing room
(d) Greater manueverability
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
4. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
5. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)