|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Giant kangaroo
(b) Wholly mammoth
(c) Saber tooth tigers
2. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(b) Gas powered machinery
3. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
(a) Brain size differences
(b) Monetary differences
(c) Racial differences
(d) Height differences
4. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
(a) How ancient farmers domesticated plants
(b) Why hunter-gatherers adopted plant production
(c) How hunter-gathereres found food
(d) Why domesticated animals became extinct
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of more consumable calories
(b) A nomadic lifestyle
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) The availability of shelter materials
Short Answer Questions
1. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
2. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
3. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
4. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
5. All crops began as what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)