|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It killed off the most large mammals.
(b) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(c) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
(d) It required watercraft.
2. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The environment
(b) Trade with Europeans
(c) The closeness to North America
(d) The tropical climate on all islands
3. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) True in all areas
(b) A scientific guess
(c) Based on historical evidence
(d) A misconception
4. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
5. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas with lots of water
(b) Areas where natural resources are abundant
(c) Areas near the equator
(d) Areas not fit for food production
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
2. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)