|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) X-rays of the food
(b) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(c) Genetic testing of human descendents
(d) An examination of written texts
2. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The amount of sunlight
(b) The availability of metals
(c) The cold climate
(d) The absence of germs
3. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
(b) Only raised cultivated crops
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Raised mainly cultivated crops
4. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
(a) 4,000 B.C.
(b) 8,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 1,000 B.C.
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Complicates race relations
(b) Justifies the domination
(c) Makes individuals mad
(d) Creates more questions
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
4. Wild almonds are what?
5. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)