|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 10,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
2. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Francisco Pizarro
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Francis Drake
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) Large populations
(c) The ability to conquer other groups
(d) A capitalist society
4. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one place on each continent
(b) Many places
(c) A few
(d) Only one
5. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(b) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(c) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(d) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
5. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)