|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The lower intelligence
(b) The amount of germs
(c) The heat
(d) The lack of materials
2. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) South America
(c) New Guinea
3. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(a) Fruit trees
4. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(c) Gas powered machinery
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(b) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(c) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(d) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
2. When did independent food production begin?
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
4. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
5. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)