|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By giving in when challenged
(b) By renouncing war
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By choosing not to develop weapons
2. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) Only one
(d) A few
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(a) Any of them could have developed most quickly
(b) North America
5. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Greater intelligence
(c) Stored crop surpluses
(d) A capitalist society
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
2. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
3. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
4. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)