|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) It is very diverse.
(b) The groups had no contact with each other.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) The islands are all large.
2. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(b) North America
(d) Southwestern Asia
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) Many Incas died as a result of them.
5. All people were once what?
(b) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Immune to diseases
(d) Wheat producers
Short Answer Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
3. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)