|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(b) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(c) The Incas fled to Peru
(d) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
2. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(c) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(d) The Spanish horses were left weak.
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(c) North America
(d) Southwestern Asia
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) The arrival of humans
(c) Climate change
(d) Killer bees
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The development of water going crafts
(b) Humans arriving in North America
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) The first use of stone tools
Short Answer Questions
1. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
2. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
3. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
4. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
5. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)