|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(c) Sets of domesticated plants
2. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It increased their faith in God.
(b) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(c) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
3. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(b) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Feudal lords
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(c) Access to water
(d) Fertilizer for other plants
5. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
2. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
4. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
5. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)