|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Ferdinand Magellan
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Francisco Pizarro
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) A resistance to disease
(c) Steel production
(d) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas with lots of water
(b) Areas where natural resources are abundant
(c) Areas near the equator
(d) Areas not fit for food production
4. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(c) Gas powered machinery
5. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(a) Lima beans
Short Answer Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
3. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
4. Independent food production began in how many places?
5. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)