|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Air-born organisms
(c) Contaminated water
(d) Domesticated animals
2. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) New Guinea
(c) South America
3. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) They were rare.
(b) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
(c) Their production was low.
(d) They were too easy to cultivate.
4. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(b) Iron plated ships
(c) Wooden clubs
(d) Steel swords
5. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) Greater intelligence
(d) Stored crop surpluses
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
2. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
4. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
5. When did the history of humans begin?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)