|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) Their production was low.
(b) They were too easy to cultivate.
(c) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
(d) They were rare.
2. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) A large large comet hit the earth.
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) The ice age
(d) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
3. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) People could communicate with each other.
(b) Laws could be known by everyone.
(c) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(d) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
4. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 100 A.D.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 8,000 B.C.
(d) 6,000 B.C.
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(b) Sling shots
(c) Steel swords
(d) Wooden clubs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
2. When did the history of humans begin?
3. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. The Maori had what type of population?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)