|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(c) More difficult
2. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(b) He feels that they are wrong.
(c) He feels that they are correct.
(d) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
3. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(b) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(c) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(d) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The lower intelligence
(b) The heat
(c) The lack of materials
(d) The amount of germs
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
3. What advantage did horses provide?
4. Where did the Maori live?
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)