|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He feels that they are wrong.
(b) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(c) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(d) He feels that they are correct.
2. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(b) Ulysses S. Grant
3. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The environment
(b) The tropical climate on all islands
(c) The closeness to North America
(d) Trade with Europeans
4. All crops began as what?
(a) A foreign plant
(b) A native plant
(c) A domesticated plant
(d) A wild plant species
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The mass extinction of large mammals
(b) The disappearance of human ancestors
(c) The development of stone tools
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
Short Answer Questions
1. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
2. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)