|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The disappearance of human ancestors
(b) The mass extinction of large mammals
(c) The development of stone tools
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The societies are all warrior societies.
(b) It is very diverse.
(c) The groups had no contact with each other.
(d) The islands are all large.
3. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By giving in when challenged
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By renouncing war
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 25,000 years ago
(b) 10,000 years ago
(c) 2,000 years ago
(d) 50,000 years ago
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Iron plated ships
(c) Steel swords
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
2. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
3. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
5. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)