|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
(c) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(d) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Sling shots
(c) Steel swords
(d) Wooden clubs
5. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(b) It increased their faith in God.
(c) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
2. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
3. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)