|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The availability of metals
(b) The amount of sunlight
(c) The absence of germs
(d) The cold climate
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By renouncing war
(d) By choosing not to develop weapons
3. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(a) North America
(b) Western Europe
(c) South America
4. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Genetic testing of human descendents
(b) An examination of written texts
(c) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(d) X-rays of the food
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Steel swords
(c) Iron plated ships
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
2. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
3. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
5. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)