|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 7 million years ago
(b) 2 thousand years ago
(c) 1 million years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
2. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of stone tools
(b) The development of ocean going crafts
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first use of stone tools
(b) The development of water going crafts
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The first Home Sapiens
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Feudal lords
5. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) People could communicate with each other.
(b) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(c) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(d) Laws could be known by everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
2. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
3. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
4. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
5. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)