|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) Large populations
(b) The ability to conquer other groups
(c) The ability to store food
(d) A capitalist society
2. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(b) Greater manueverability
(c) More packing room
(d) They were used as weapons
3. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(b) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(c) The Incas fled to Peru
(d) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(b) Access to water
(d) Fertilizer for other plants
5. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor meant that population could grow?
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)