|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(b) How environments shape societies
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How shared culture is important
2. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Denser human populations
(b) Sparser societies
(c) Increased hunger
(d) Less warfare
3. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Iron plated ships
(c) Steel swords
4. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The cold climate
(b) The availability of metals
(c) The amount of sunlight
(d) The absence of germs
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The development of water going crafts
(b) The first use of stone tools
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The first Home Sapiens
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
2. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
3. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
5. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)