|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(d) Founder crops
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 2,000 years ago
(b) 50,000 years ago
(c) 25,000 years ago
(d) 10,000 years ago
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(a) A government
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) A nomadic lifestyle
(b) The availability of shelter materials
(c) The availability of more consumable calories
(d) Fewer natural predators
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(b) By renouncing war
(c) By giving in when challenged
(d) By choosing not to develop weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)