|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one
(b) A few
(c) Only one place on each continent
(d) Many places
2. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) Western Europe
(b) Warm climates
(c) North America
(d) The Arctic Circle
3. Humans developed on what continent?
4. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(c) New Guinea
(d) North America
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) Fewer natural predators
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
2. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
3. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
4. Where did the Maori live?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)