|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Stored crop surpluses
(b) Greater intelligence
(c) A capitalist society
2. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(b) How environments shape societies
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How shared culture is important
3. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and metal tools
(b) Technology and education
(c) Technology and metal tools.
(d) Agriculture and education
4. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The disappearance of human ancestors
(b) The mass extinction of large mammals
(c) The development of stone tools
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Contaminated water
(b) Domesticated animals
(d) Air-born organisms
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
5. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)