|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Cape region of South Africa
(b) The Argentine pampas
(d) The Pacific states in North America
3. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
(a) The domination of Western Europe
(b) The different rates of human development
(c) The spread of illnesses
(d) The creation of metal tools
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(c) Access to water
5. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor meant that population could grow?
2. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
3. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
4. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
5. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)