|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The disappearance of human ancestors
(b) The development of ocean going crafts
(c) The development of stone tools
(d) The mass extinction of large mammals
2. Where did the Maori live?
(b) Easter Island
(d) New Zealand
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(b) North America
(d) Any of them could have developed most quickly
4. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and education
(b) Technology and metal tools.
(c) Agriculture and education
(d) Agriculture and metal tools
5. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 1 million years ago
(b) 2 thousand years ago
(c) 7 million years ago
(d) 15 million years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
2. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
5. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)