|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) The Arctic Circle
(b) North America
(c) Western Europe
(d) Warm climates
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(b) The Cape region of South Africa
(c) The Pacific states in North America
(d) The Argentine pampas
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) A nomadic lifestyle
(c) The availability of more consumable calories
(d) Fewer natural predators
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Francisco Pizarro
(d) Ferdinand Magellan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
2. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
3. When did independent food production begin?
4. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
5. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)