|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(b) It killed off the most large mammals.
(c) It required watercraft.
(d) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
2. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Canadian crops
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By conquering the Spanish
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
3. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
(a) Racial differences
(b) Height differences
(c) Monetary differences
(d) Brain size differences
4. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(a) More difficult
5. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Argentine pampas
(b) The Cape region of South Africa
(d) The Pacific states in North America
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
2. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)