|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
2. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
3. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(b) Australian Aborigines
4. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(a) A government
5. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How environments shape societies
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
3. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
4. When did independent food production begin?
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)