|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 8,000 B.C.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 6,000 B.C.
2. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(b) North America
(d) New Guinea
3. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(a) Gas powered machinery
4. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) Western Europe
(b) Warm climates
(c) North America
(d) The Arctic Circle
5. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
2. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
3. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
5. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)