|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(b) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(c) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
2. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(b) It increased their faith in God.
(c) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
3. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(a) The coffee bean
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Argentine pampas
(b) The Pacific states in North America
(d) The Cape region of South Africa
5. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Stored crop surpluses
(c) A capitalist society
(d) Greater intelligence
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
2. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
3. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
4. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
5. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)