|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A resistance to disease
(b) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(c) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(d) Steel production
2. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) Killer bees
(c) The arrival of humans
(d) Climate change
3. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They were used as weapons
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) More packing room
4. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
5. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Justifies the domination
(b) Complicates race relations
(c) Makes individuals mad
(d) Creates more questions
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
2. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
5. What was the importance of a written language?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)