|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) Only one
(c) A few
(d) Only one place on each continent
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(b) Saber tooth tigers
(c) Wholly mammoth
(d) Giant kangaroo
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Air-born organisms
(c) Domesticated animals
(d) Contaminated water
5. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Stored crop surpluses
(c) Greater intelligence
(d) A capitalist society
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
5. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)