|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(b) Laws could be known by everyone.
(c) People could communicate with each other.
(d) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
2. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
(a) The Fertile Crescent
(b) The eastern edge of Canada
(c) South America
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(b) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(c) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(d) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) A nomadic lifestyle
(c) The availability of more consumable calories
(d) Fewer natural predators
Short Answer Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
4. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
5. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)