|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(b) They were able to read the King's demands.
(c) It increased their faith in God.
(d) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
2. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of youth
(b) Advantages of seeds
(c) Advantages of water
(d) Advantages of steel
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first Home Sapiens
(b) Humans arriving in North America
(c) The first use of stone tools
(d) The development of water going crafts
4. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) North America
(c) South America
(d) Western Europe
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Saber tooth tigers
(b) Wholly mammoth
(c) Giant kangaroo
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
2. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
5. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)