|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(b) More difficult
2. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Wholly mammoth
(c) Saber tooth tigers
(d) Giant kangaroo
4. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
(a) Makes individuals mad
(b) Justifies the domination
(c) Creates more questions
(d) Complicates race relations
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The disappearance of human ancestors
(d) The mass extinction of large mammals
Short Answer Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
5. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)