|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(c) Steel production
(d) A resistance to disease
2. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(a) North America
(d) New Guinea
3. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(d) More difficult
4. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of water
(c) Advantages of steel
(d) Advantages of youth
5. Humans developed on what continent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
2. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
4. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
5. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)