|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) Western Europe
(b) Warm climates
(c) North America
(d) The Arctic Circle
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(a) Sets of domesticated plants
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Laws could be known by everyone.
(b) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(c) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(d) People could communicate with each other.
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(b) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
2. What advantage did horses provide?
3. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
4. What weapon was used by the Incas?
5. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)