|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Steel swords
(b) Wooden clubs
(d) Sling shots
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(b) North America
(c) Any of them could have developed most quickly
3. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He feels that they are wrong.
(b) He feels that they are correct.
(c) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(d) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Rapid diseases
(b) The arrival of humans
(c) Climate change
(d) Killer bees
5. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(c) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Feudal lords
Short Answer Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
3. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
4. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)