|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The environment
(b) The tropical climate on all islands
(c) The closeness to North America
(d) Trade with Europeans
2. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The cold climate
(b) The amount of sunlight
(c) The absence of germs
(d) The availability of metals
3. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(a) New Guinea
(c) North America
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Sling shots
(b) Wooden clubs
(d) Steel swords
5. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and metal tools.
(b) Agriculture and metal tools
(c) Technology and education
(d) Agriculture and education
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
2. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
3. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)