|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and education
(b) Technology and metal tools.
(c) Agriculture and education
(d) Agriculture and metal tools
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The societies are all warrior societies.
(b) The groups had no contact with each other.
(c) It is very diverse.
(d) The islands are all large.
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) Humans arriving in North America
(b) The first use of stone tools
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) The development of water going crafts
4. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It required watercraft.
(b) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(c) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
(d) It killed off the most large mammals.
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By giving in when challenged
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
2. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. The Maori had what type of population?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)