|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(b) He feels that they are wrong.
(c) He feels that they are correct.
(d) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) Stored crop surpluses
(c) Greater intelligence
3. Humans developed on what continent?
4. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
5. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(a) North America
(c) Western Europe
(d) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
2. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
3. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
4. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)