|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(b) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(c) It increased their faith in God.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
2. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and education
(b) Agriculture and metal tools
(c) Technology and metal tools.
(d) Technology and education
3. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(b) Steel swords
(c) Sling shots
(d) Wooden clubs
4. Traditional arguments seeking to explain domination have often focused on what?
(a) Monetary differences
(b) Racial differences
(c) Brain size differences
(d) Height differences
5. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
(a) He agrees with most of the argument but thinks that germs played a role.
(b) He believes that intelligence differences separated people.
(c) He feels that they are correct.
(d) He feels that they are wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
5. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)