|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) Germs introduced by humans
(b) The ice age
(c) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(d) A large large comet hit the earth.
2. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(b) Western Europe
(c) North America
(d) South America
3. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The availability of metals
(b) The cold climate
(c) The absence of germs
(d) The amount of sunlight
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(b) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Feudal lords
5. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The environment
(b) Trade with Europeans
(c) The closeness to North America
(d) The tropical climate on all islands
Short Answer Questions
1. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
2. When did the history of humans begin?
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
4. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
5. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)