|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(d) Australian Aborigines
2. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The amount of sunlight
(b) The cold climate
(c) The availability of metals
(d) The absence of germs
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Saber tooth tigers
(c) Giant kangaroo
(d) Wholly mammoth
4. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(b) Laws could be known by everyone.
(c) People could communicate with each other.
(d) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
5. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(b) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(c) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(d) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
2. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
3. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
5. What advantage did horses provide?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)