|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 2 thousand years ago
(b) 15 million years ago
(c) 1 million years ago
(d) 7 million years ago
2. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
3. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of ocean going crafts
(b) The mass extinction of large mammals
(c) The development of stone tools
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
4. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) Warm climates
(b) North America
(c) Western Europe
(d) The Arctic Circle
5. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) The arrival of humans
(b) Rapid diseases
(c) Climate change
(d) Killer bees
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
2. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
4. Some people feel that explaining why one group dominates another does what?
5. Humans developed on what continent?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)