|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Feudal lords
(c) Hunters and gatherers
2. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
3. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
(a) The amount of sunlight
(b) The absence of germs
(c) The availability of metals
(d) The cold climate
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francis Drake
(b) Francisco Pizarro
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Ferdinand Magellan
Short Answer Questions
1. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
2. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
3. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
4. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
5. What weapon was used by the Incas?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)