|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) A large large comet hit the earth.
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(d) The ice age
2. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(a) A government
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How environments shape societies
(d) How war can end if groups decide to stop
4. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By giving in when challenged
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By renouncing war
(d) By moving to an area that no one wanted
5. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The amount of germs
(b) The heat
(c) The lower intelligence
(d) The lack of materials
Short Answer Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
3. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
4. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
5. What was the importance of a written language?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)