|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(b) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(c) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 10,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 50,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
3. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(b) Steel swords
(c) Iron plated ships
(d) Wooden clubs
4. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Technology and education
(b) Technology and metal tools.
(c) Agriculture and education
(d) Agriculture and metal tools
5. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) A large large comet hit the earth.
(b) The ice age
(c) Germs introduced by humans
(d) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
Short Answer Questions
1. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
2. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)