|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By renouncing war
(d) By giving in when challenged
2. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) The Arctic Circle
(b) North America
(c) Warm climates
(d) Western Europe
3. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of stone tools
(b) The development of ocean going crafts
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(c) Australian Aborigines
5. Diamond argues that wealth and power are distributed unevenly because what developed at different times?
(a) Agriculture and metal tools
(b) Technology and metal tools.
(c) Agriculture and education
(d) Technology and education
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon was used by the Incas?
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
3. When did the history of humans begin?
4. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)