|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francis Drake
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Francisco Pizarro
(d) Ferdinand Magellan
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
4. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) People could communicate with each other.
(b) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(c) Laws could be known by everyone.
(d) Information could be spread more rapidly.
5. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(a) Any of them could have developed most quickly
(d) North America
Short Answer Questions
1. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
2. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)