|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 2 thousand years ago
(b) 7 million years ago
(c) 15 million years ago
(d) 1 million years ago
2. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Climate change
(b) Killer bees
(c) The arrival of humans
(d) Rapid diseases
3. Some people have argued that those living in warm, humid climates were inhibited in their development by what?
(a) The lack of materials
(b) The heat
(c) The amount of germs
(d) The lower intelligence
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(b) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(c) How environments shape societies
(d) How shared culture is important
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Sling shots
(d) Steel swords
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maori had what type of population?
2. What advantage did horses provide?
3. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
4. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)