|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Collision at Cajamarca".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Killer bees
(b) The arrival of humans
(c) Climate change
(d) Rapid diseases
2. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(b) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
(c) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(d) The Incas fled to Peru
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. Which area was prominent in the development of weapons?
(a) South America
(b) Western Europe
(c) North America
5. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
(a) The creation of metal tools
(b) The domination of Western Europe
(c) The different rates of human development
(d) The spread of illnesses
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
2. One argument that people have made is that what stimulated development in Western Europe?
3. Studies have failed to show differences in what among people on different continents?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)