|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue "The Future of Human History as a Science".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) Humans arriving in North America
(b) The first Home Sapiens
(c) The first use of stone tools
(d) The development of water going crafts
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They were not able to be stored
(b) They gave low yields in the wild
(c) They were already edible
(d) They grew slowly
3. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) A nomadic lifestyle
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) The availability of shelter materials
4. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By choosing not to develop weapons
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(d) By renouncing war
5. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
(c) Phonetic signs
Short Answer Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
2. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
3. Diamond argues that a science of what should be developed?
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
5. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)