|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 "Speedboat to Polynesia".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(b) New Guinea
(d) South America
2. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) True in all areas
(b) A scientific guess
(c) A misconception
(d) Based on historical evidence
3. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(b) They were able to read the King's demands.
(c) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(d) It increased their faith in God.
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
(c) Australian Aborigines
5. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(a) The Americas
(c) Southwest Asia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
2. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
3. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
5. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)