Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 "From Egalitarian to Kleptocracy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Wholly mammoth
(c) Saber tooth tigers
(d) Giant kangaroo
2. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
3. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Sling shots
(b) Wooden clubs
(c) Steel swords
4. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(a) Any of them could have developed most quickly
(d) North America
5. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
(a) The area had cool summers and dry winters.
(b) There were many plants that could be domesticated.
(c) The area was high in rainfall.
(d) It was in the Mediterranean climate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
2. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
4. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
5. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)