Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 "How to Make an Almond".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
2. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They were used as weapons
(b) More packing room
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How environments shape societies
(d) How war can end if groups decide to stop
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 25,000 years ago
(c) 2,000 years ago
(d) 10,000 years ago
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Mexican crops
(b) By conquering the Spanish
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
2. When did the history of humans begin?
3. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
5. People often assume that there are what type of differences between people living on different continents?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)