|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "History's Haves and Have-Nots".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did things like agriculture and writing develop?
(a) The Arctic Circle
(b) Western Europe
(c) North America
(d) Warm climates
2. Where did the Maori live?
(a) New Zealand
(b) Easter Island
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first use of stone tools
(b) The first Home Sapiens
(c) Humans arriving in North America
(d) The development of water going crafts
4. Some people argue that examining domination leads to what type of focus?
5. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of water
(d) Advantages of youth
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
2. How does Diamond feel about the traditional theories of human development?
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
5. What does Diamond seek to explain in his research?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)