|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(c) Ulysses S. Grant
2. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
3. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Similar climates
(b) Different climates
(c) Areas of farmland
(d) The domestication of animals
4. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
(a) These societies provide so many examples of how environment influences and shapes history
(b) These societies provide examples of how societies resisted epidemics
(c) These societies invented more items than other societies
(d) These societies provide many examples of how culture inhibited the spread of technology
5. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The environment
(b) Trade with Europeans
(c) The closeness to North America
(d) The tropical climate on all islands
Short Answer Questions
1. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
2. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
3. The Maori had what type of population?
4. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
5. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)