|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The mass extinction of large mammals
(b) The disappearance of human ancestors
(c) The development of ocean going crafts
(d) The development of stone tools
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(b) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(c) They practiced better sanitation.
(d) They had already acquired immunity.
3. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
4. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
5. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did horses provide?
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. Where did the Maori live?
4. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
5. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)