|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
(a) The lack of epidemics
(b) Better watercraft
(c) Denser populations
(d) Superior tools and weapons
2. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
(a) A tree downer
(b) A hammer
(c) A wood pounder
(d) A bark beater
3. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(c) Fruit trees
4. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
5. What was early writing used for primarily?
(b) Accountings of things like sheep and wool
(c) Writing human history
(d) Communicating with other societies
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the biggest difference between the histories of Old World Europe and the New World Americas?
2. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
3. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
4. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
5. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)