|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The mass extinction of large mammals
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The development of ocean going crafts
(d) The disappearance of human ancestors
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How environments shape societies
(b) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(c) How shared culture is important
(d) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
4. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
5. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) More packing room
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) They were used as weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
2. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
3. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
4. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
5. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)