|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The islands are all large.
(b) It is very diverse.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) The groups had no contact with each other.
2. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 3,000 B.C.
(b) 8,500 B.C.
(c) 12,500 B.C.
(d) 100 B.C.
3. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(a) New Guinea
4. What was the importance of a written language?
(a) Laws could be known by everyone.
(b) Information could be spread more rapidly.
(c) It reinforced the status of the royalty.
(d) People could communicate with each other.
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Francisco Pizarro
(d) Christopher Columbus
Short Answer Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
2. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
3. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
4. When did the history of humans begin?
5. Archeological evidence links what early culture with later Pacific island cultures?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)