|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
(d) New Guinea
2. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
3. What was early writing used for primarily?
(a) Accountings of things like sheep and wool
(c) Writing human history
(d) Communicating with other societies
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(b) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(c) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(d) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
3. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)