|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(c) Gas powered machinery
2. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) True in all areas
(b) A misconception
(c) Based on historical evidence
(d) A scientific guess
3. Humans developed on what continent?
4. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Differing amounts of rainfall
(d) Reindeer spread the seeds
5. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
(a) A wood pounder
(b) A bark beater
(c) A tree downer
(d) A hammer
Short Answer Questions
1. How do inventions spread?
2. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)