|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All people were once what?
(a) Immune to diseases
(b) Wheat producers
(d) Hunters and gatherers
2. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
3. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(b) Wholly mammoth
(c) Saber tooth tigers
(d) Giant kangaroo
4. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Sparser societies
(b) Less warfare
(c) Denser human populations
(d) Increased hunger
5. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
(a) 4,000 B.C.
(b) 1,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 8,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Governments that distribute wealth from commoners to the upper classes are known as what?
2. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
3. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
4. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
5. When did the history of humans begin?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)