|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) They were rare.
(b) They were too easy to cultivate.
(c) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
(d) Their production was low.
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Fewer hours of labor each day
(b) More physical work
(c) Less physical demands
(d) More nomadic lifestyles
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(b) Southwestern Asia
(d) North America
4. The Maori had what type of population?
(d) Locally dense
5. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(b) The Americas
Short Answer Questions
1. Australia was once joined together what what other land mass?
2. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
3. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
4. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)