|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 25,000 years ago
(c) 10,000 years ago
(d) 2,000 years ago
2. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
3. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
4. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
5. Why did the developments occur later in the Americas that in Europe?
(a) The Americas had more large mammals available
(b) Eurasia had fewer wild plants suitable for domestication
(c) The Americas were less isolated
(d) Humans had lived in Europe longer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
4. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
5. According to Diamond, why are the societies of Asia and the Pacific important?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)