|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(b) New Zealand
(c) Easter Island
2. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
3. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
(a) More nomadic populations who wouldn't compete for resources
(b) Decentralized food production
(c) A writing system beyond the alphabet
(d) A more complex, centralized government
4. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
5. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(c) Southwest Asia
(d) The Americas
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
2. What did not help the spread of the Austronesian culture?
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
4. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)