|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did writing develop?
2. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
3. Why is food production important for inventions?
(a) People had the energy to create.
(b) People did not get diseases which stopped inventions.
(c) It allowed people to be nomadic and spread inventions.
(d) It allows for a sedentary life.
4. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They gave low yields in the wild
(b) They grew slowly
(c) They were not able to be stored
(d) They were already edible
5. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) Greater manueverability
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) They were used as weapons
(d) More packing room
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
2. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
3. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
4. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)