|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(a) Places where food production arose
(b) Capitalist societies
(d) Places were science was a major focus
2. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
(a) Those with wild plants that could be domesticated
(b) Those with large, native domesticated animals
(c) Those that could hunt large mammals
(d) Those with natural immunity to smallpox
3. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(a) Emmer wheat
4. How many basic writing systems exist?
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(c) New Guinea
(d) North America
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
2. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
4. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
5. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)