|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(c) Many Incas died as a result of them.
(d) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
2. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(d) Access to water
3. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
(a) 2500 B.C.
(b) 10,000 B.C.
(c) 5000 B.C.
(d) 8000 B.C.
4. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(b) New Guinea
(c) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
4. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
5. Where did writing develop?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)