|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
(a) An abundance of wild game
(b) Several species of plants that could be domesticated
(c) A natural disaster
(d) Some type of fruit tree
2. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(a) Fruit trees
3. What was the source of power in New Guinea when food production arose?
4. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Wholly mammoth
(b) Saber tooth tigers
(d) Giant kangaroo
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(b) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(c) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(d) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
2. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
3. What is a stone tool or implement that an individual used to pound the fibrous bark of some trees into material that could be used for ropes, nets, and clothing?
4. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
5. How many basic writing systems exist?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)