|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(b) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(c) They practiced better sanitation.
(d) They had already acquired immunity.
2. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) Wild plants were not available
(b) Wild animals were widely available
(c) There were no tools for food production
(d) People were involved in creating weapons
3. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) More physical work
(b) More nomadic lifestyles
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) Less physical demands
4. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
(a) Giant kangaroo
(b) Wholly mammoth
(d) Saber tooth tigers
5. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(c) Emmer wheat
Short Answer Questions
1. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
3. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
4. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
5. All people were once what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)