|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do inventions spread?
(a) Societies are forced to use an invention.
(b) Societies see an invention and adopt it.
(c) Through gift-giving practices
(d) Inventions don't typically spread.
2. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) Fewer natural predators
Short Answer Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
2. What invention sped up the spread of plants and technologies in Polynesia?
3. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
4. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
5. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)