|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They worked fewer hours
(b) They were better nourished
(c) They died younger
(d) They had fewer diseases
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By moving to an area that no one wanted
3. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
4. What is not an advantage that the Fertile Crescent had in food production?
(a) The area was high in rainfall.
(b) It was in the Mediterranean climate.
(c) There were many plants that could be domesticated.
(d) The area had cool summers and dry winters.
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(a) Steel swords
(b) Sling shots
(c) Wooden clubs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
2. Where were the earliest known stone tools with ground edges found?
3. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
4. Who introduced pottery, chickens, dogs, and pigs to New Guinea?
5. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)