|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decrease in the population
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
(d) The decline of wild foods
2. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
(d) Emmer wheat
3. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) New Guinea
(d) South America
4. All people were once what?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(c) Wheat producers
(d) Immune to diseases
5. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
(b) The Incas fled to Peru
(c) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(d) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Australians develop food production in ancient times?
2. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
5. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)