|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
2. What is one explanation that Diamond gives for why food production didn't begin earlier in some ecologically better areas?
(a) The environment in the area was too poor for farming.
(b) There was some problem with the wild plants available.
(c) There were no large mammals available.
(d) People weren't intelligent enough to figure it out.
3. Which of the following was one of the earliest crops?
(b) Fruit trees
4. What foods did people in the Americas depend on?
(a) Protein-poor corn
(b) Protein-rich rice
(c) Protein-poor wheat
(d) Protein-rich cows
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(b) Sets of domesticated plants
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maori had what type of population?
2. What is not one of the eight "founder" crops that started in the Fertile Crescent?
3. What was the importance of a written language?
4. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
5. When did the history of humans begin?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)