|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 25,000 years ago
(b) 10,000 years ago
(c) 2,000 years ago
(d) 50,000 years ago
3. Which societies were the most advantaged in Polynesia?
(a) Those that could hunt large mammals
(b) Those with large, native domesticated animals
(c) Those with wild plants that could be domesticated
(d) Those with natural immunity to smallpox
4. Where did technology grow the fastest according to Diamond?
(a) In isolated areas with small populations
(b) In areas where food production was just beginning
(c) In large productive regions with large human populations
(d) In nomadic societies
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of more consumable calories
(b) The availability of shelter materials
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) Fewer natural predators
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented things like firearms and steel equipment?
2. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
3. What was needed for a society to become involved in food production?
4. Chiefdoms disappeared in which century?
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)