|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of society uses a monopoly of force?
2. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(b) South America
(d) New Guinea
3. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
4. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
5. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas with lots of water
(b) Areas not fit for food production
(c) Areas near the equator
(d) Areas where natural resources are abundant
Short Answer Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
4. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
5. Larger populations created the need for which of the following?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)