|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) They were able to read the King's demands.
(b) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(c) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(d) It increased their faith in God.
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(b) Locally dense
3. What occurred between the Incas and Spanish forces?
(a) The Spanish conquered and enslaved the Incas
(b) Many of the Spanish died from influenza
(c) The Incas fled to Peru
(d) The Incas killed all the Spanish soldiers
4. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first Home Sapiens
(b) Humans arriving in North America
(c) The development of water going crafts
(d) The first use of stone tools
5. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
4. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)