|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) Wild plants were not available
(b) There were no tools for food production
(c) People were involved in creating weapons
(d) Wild animals were widely available
2. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(c) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Europe by Asians
3. The Maori had what type of population?
(a) Locally dense
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Ferdinand Magellan
(b) Francisco Pizarro
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Christopher Columbus
5. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(b) More packing room
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) They were used as weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans developed on what continent?
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
3. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
4. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)