|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(c) Gas powered machinery
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first use of stone tools
(b) The development of water going crafts
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) Humans arriving in North America
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(a) North America
(b) Southwestern Asia
4. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
(c) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Europe by Asians
5. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They were used as weapons
(b) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(c) Greater manueverability
(d) More packing room
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
2. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
3. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)