|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans developed on what continent?
2. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They had fewer diseases
(b) They were better nourished
(c) They died younger
(d) They worked fewer hours
3. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decrease in the population
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decline of wild foods
(d) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
4. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) The first Home Sapiens
(b) The first use of stone tools
(c) The development of water going crafts
(d) Humans arriving in North America
5. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(b) More difficult
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
2. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
4. The Maori had what type of population?
5. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)