|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in the Fertile Crescent began food production around what time?
(a) 3,000 B.C.
(b) 12,500 B.C.
(c) 8,500 B.C.
(d) 100 B.C.
2. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It killed off the most large mammals.
(b) It required watercraft.
(c) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(d) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
3. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They were better nourished
(b) They died younger
(c) They worked fewer hours
(d) They had fewer diseases
4. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
5. What is a factor that influenced a group to adopt agriculture?
(a) The decrease in the population
(b) Agriculture made them more vulnerable to surrounding groups
(c) The decline of wild foods
(d) The decreased availability of domesticated plants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
3. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
4. What was the importance of a written language?
5. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)