|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francis Drake
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Ferdinand Magellan
(d) Francisco Pizarro
2. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(b) They were able to read the King's demands.
(c) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(d) It increased their faith in God.
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) Large populations
(b) The ability to store food
(c) The ability to conquer other groups
(d) A capitalist society
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(b) Steel swords
(c) Wooden clubs
(d) Sling shots
5. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) Wild plants were not available
(b) Wild animals were widely available
(c) People were involved in creating weapons
(d) There were no tools for food production
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
2. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
3. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
4. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
5. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)