|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
(a) True in all areas
(b) A scientific guess
(c) Based on historical evidence
(d) A misconception
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(b) Locally dense
3. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
(a) Wild animal populations decreased.
(b) The number of seabirds increased.
(c) They discovered that the foods were more healthy.
(d) They discovered they could save time.
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(b) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(c) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(d) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
5. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(b) New Guinea
(d) North America
Short Answer Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
2. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
5. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)