|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) The ability to conquer other groups
(c) Large populations
(d) A capitalist society
2. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(b) Only raised cultivated crops
(c) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
(d) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. All people were once what?
(b) Wheat producers
(c) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Immune to diseases
5. Where did the Maori live?
(a) New Zealand
(d) Easter Island
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maori had what type of population?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
4. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
5. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)