|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of water
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of youth
(d) Advantages of seeds
2. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Hunters and gatherers
(d) Feudal lords
3. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(b) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(c) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(b) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(c) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(d) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
5. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) Large populations
(b) The ability to store food
(c) A capitalist society
(d) The ability to conquer other groups
Short Answer Questions
1. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
2. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
4. What advantage did horses provide?
5. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)