|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
(a) Raised mainly cultivated crops
(b) Only raised cultivated crops
(c) Spent more time hunting than growing crops
(d) Collected wild food and raised cultivated ones
2. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 10,000 years ago
(d) 25,000 years ago
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to conquer other groups
(b) A capitalist society
(c) The ability to store food
(d) Large populations
5. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(a) North America
(c) Southwestern Asia
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
4. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
5. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)