|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
(a) Humans arriving in North America
(b) The development of water going crafts
(c) The first Home Sapiens
(d) The first use of stone tools
2. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of youth
(c) Advantages of steel
(d) Advantages of water
3. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(b) North America
(c) Southwestern Asia
4. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
(a) They worked fewer hours
(b) They died younger
(c) They had fewer diseases
(d) They were better nourished
5. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By moving to an area that no one wanted
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By giving in when challenged
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early stages of food production, people did which of the following?
2. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
3. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)