|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By moving to an area that no one wanted
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(c) Sets of domesticated plants
3. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(a) North America
(d) Any of them could have developed most quickly
4. Where did the Maori live?
(c) New Zealand
(d) Easter Island
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The mass extinction of large mammals
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The disappearance of human ancestors
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the importance of a written language?
2. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
4. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
5. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)