|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunter-gatherers in southeastern Europe adopted crops and agriculture from where?
(a) Southwestern Asia
(b) North America
2. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 15 million years ago
(b) 7 million years ago
(c) 1 million years ago
(d) 2 thousand years ago
3. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
4. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The disappearance of human ancestors
(b) The development of stone tools
(c) The development of ocean going crafts
(d) The mass extinction of large mammals
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) A nomadic lifestyle
Short Answer Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
2. Where did the Maori live?
3. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
4. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
5. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)