|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(c) Access to water
(d) Fertilizer for other plants
2. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How environments shape societies
3. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
4. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(a) South America
(d) New Guinea
5. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) Germs introduced by humans
(b) A large large comet hit the earth.
(c) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(d) The ice age
Short Answer Questions
1. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
4. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
5. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)