|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
(a) Increased hunger
(b) Sparser societies
(c) Denser human populations
(d) Less warfare
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. Where did the Maori live?
(b) Easter Island
(d) New Zealand
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(b) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(c) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(d) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
5. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
2. What is true of the first farmers in many areas as compared to the hunters and gatherers?
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
4. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
5. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)