|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(b) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
(c) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(d) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
2. Humans developed on what continent?
3. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Domesticated animals
(c) Contaminated water
(d) Air-born organisms
4. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
(a) It was the first occupation on any continent.
(b) It required watercraft.
(c) It was the biggest occupation on any continent.
(d) It killed off the most large mammals.
5. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
2. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
3. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
4. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
5. The Maori had what type of population?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)