|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas where natural resources are abundant
(b) Areas with lots of water
(c) Areas near the equator
(d) Areas not fit for food production
2. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) The ice age
(b) A large large comet hit the earth.
(c) Germs introduced by humans
(d) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
3. Where did the Incas first encounter the Spanish?
4. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(a) Gas powered machinery
5. The arrival of humans on many of the continents coincided with what?
(a) The development of stone tools
(b) The disappearance of human ancestors
(c) The mass extinction of large mammals
(d) The development of ocean going crafts
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
2. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
3. Plant and animal domestication led to which of the following?
4. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)