|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 11,000 B.C., which continent was most likely to develop quickly?
(c) North America
(d) Any of them could have developed most quickly
2. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
3. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) Greater manueverability
(b) More packing room
(c) They were used as weapons
(d) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
4. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(b) A government
5. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They practiced better sanitation.
(b) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(c) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(d) They had already acquired immunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
2. Where did the Maori live?
3. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
4. The idea that there is a sharp divide between nomadic hunter-gatherers and sedentary food producers is what?
5. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)