|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
(a) There were no tools for food production
(b) Wild animals were widely available
(c) People were involved in creating weapons
(d) Wild plants were not available
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) Large populations
(c) The ability to conquer other groups
(d) A capitalist society
3. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(c) Sets of domesticated plants
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
(a) All adopted agriculture as soon as introduced.
(b) They worked more hours in each day than they did farming.
(c) They spent more time hunting than they did in farming.
(d) Many did not adopt crops when they were introduced to them.
5. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
(c) South America
(d) New Guinea
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
2. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
3. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
4. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
5. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)