|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(b) Gas powered machinery
2. Food production meant what to hunting and gathering societies?
(a) Less physical demands
(b) More physical work
(c) Fewer hours of labor each day
(d) More nomadic lifestyles
3. When did the history of humans begin?
(a) 15 million years ago
(b) 7 million years ago
(c) 2 thousand years ago
(d) 1 million years ago
4. Which location did not see a mass extinction of large mammals that was as large as other locations?
(a) New Guinea
(b) North America
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
(b) Wooden clubs
(c) Sling shots
(d) Steel swords
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
4. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
5. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)