|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was literacy important for the Spanish?
(a) It gave them more knowledge about the situation.
(b) It increased their faith in God.
(c) It allowed them to sail to the Americas.
(d) They were able to read the King's demands.
2. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Iron plated ships
(c) Steel swords
3. Groups who remained hunter-gatherers into the twentieth century lived in what types of areas?
(a) Areas near the equator
(b) Areas with lots of water
(c) Areas where natural resources are abundant
(d) Areas not fit for food production
4. What effect did infectious diseases have on the encounter between the Spanish and Incas?
(a) Many Spanish died from the diseases.
(b) A smallpox vaccine was invented to save the Incas.
(c) The Spanish horses were left weak.
(d) Many Incas died as a result of them.
5. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(b) More difficult
Short Answer Questions
1. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
2. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
3. What factor meant that population could grow?
4. What is true about hunting and gathering societies?
5. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)