|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(a) Easter Island
(b) New Zealand
2. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
(c) Gas powered machinery
3. Which Spanish conquistador first encountered the Incas?
(a) Francisco Pizarro
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Ferdinand Magellan
4. Humans developed on what continent?
5. What was one of the biggest population shifts of all time?
(a) The conquest of Europe by Asians
(b) The conquest of Polynesia by Americans
(c) The conquest of the Americas by Europeans
(d) The conquest of Australia by Europeans
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the first occupation of Australia important?
2. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
3. What factor meant that population could grow?
4. Australia was joined together with which other area at the time that humans arrived?
5. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)