|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Giant Leap Forward occurred when?
(a) 50,000 years ago
(b) 25,000 years ago
(c) 10,000 years ago
(d) 2,000 years ago
2. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(a) Wooden clubs
(b) Steel swords
(d) Iron plated ships
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How environments shape societies
(c) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(d) How war can end if groups decide to stop
4. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
(a) More difficult
5. Which of the following is a non-food producing specialist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the transition to food production not happen earlier?
2. What infectious disease played a role in the European conquest of the Americas?
3. All people were once what?
4. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
5. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)