Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 "Hemispheres Colliding".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(c) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(d) How environments shape societies
2. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They gave low yields in the wild
(b) They were not able to be stored
(c) They grew slowly
(d) They were already edible
3. What advantage did horses provide?
(a) They pulled the weapons faster than humans
(b) They were used as weapons
(c) More packing room
(d) Greater manueverability
4. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The closeness to North America
(b) The environment
(c) Trade with Europeans
(d) The tropical climate on all islands
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) Reindeer spread the seeds
(b) Differing amounts of rainfall
(c) They were already adapted to the climate
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
Short Answer Questions
1. All crops began as what?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. Which of the following was not a disease that killed large number of peoples in the Americas?
4. What weapons did the Spanish have in their encounter with the Incas?
5. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)