Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "To Farm or Not to Farm".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diamond explain the mass extinction of large mammals in some areas?
(a) Humans killed or indirectly eliminated them.
(b) Germs introduced by humans
(c) The ice age
(d) A large large comet hit the earth.
2. What weapon was used by the Incas?
(b) Wooden clubs
(c) Iron plated ships
(d) Steel swords
3. The Maori had what type of population?
(d) Locally dense
4. What argument about the mass extinction of large mammals does Diamond argue against?
(a) Climate change
(b) The arrival of humans
(c) Killer bees
(d) Rapid diseases
5. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(d) Access to water
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mammal did the Spanish have that the Incas did not?
2. The Giant Leap Forward was which of the following?
3. Groups tended to turn to food production after what happened?
4. Who killed and enslaved the Moriori in the Chatham Islands?
5. Which large mammal was found in Australia about the time humans arrived?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)