|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
(c) Sets of domesticated plants
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
(a) They were genetically superior to other groups.
(b) They had a natural resistance to the diseases.
(c) They had already acquired immunity.
(d) They practiced better sanitation.
3. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(c) Ulysses S. Grant
4. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) Stored crop surpluses
(d) Greater intelligence
5. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(b) The Americas
Short Answer Questions
1. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
2. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
3. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
4. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
5. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)