|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By giving in when challenged
(b) By choosing not to develop weapons
(c) By renouncing war
(d) By moving to an area that no one wanted
3. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They gave low yields in the wild
(b) They grew slowly
(c) They were already edible
(d) They were not able to be stored
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
(b) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(c) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(d) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
5. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(b) A government
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
2. Where did the Maori live?
3. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
4. Where did writing develop?
5. How many basic writing systems exist?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)