|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of more consumable calories
(b) The availability of shelter materials
(c) Fewer natural predators
(d) A nomadic lifestyle
2. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
3. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Places where food production arose
(c) Capitalist societies
(d) Places were science was a major focus
4. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
(a) Why domesticated animals became extinct
(b) How ancient farmers domesticated plants
(c) Why hunter-gatherers adopted plant production
(d) How hunter-gathereres found food
5. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maori had what type of population?
2. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
3. What was early writing used for primarily?
4. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
5. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)