|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They were not able to be stored
(b) They grew slowly
(c) They were already edible
(d) They gave low yields in the wild
2. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
3. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
(a) Historical studies
(b) Trial and error
(c) Random choices
(d) Scientific analysis
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How shared culture is important
(b) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(c) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(d) How environments shape societies
5. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The islands are all large.
(b) The groups had no contact with each other.
(c) The societies are all warrior societies.
(d) It is very diverse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
4. Domesticated animals need to have what type of disposition?
5. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)