|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
2. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) They were too easy to cultivate.
(b) They were rare.
(c) Their production was low.
(d) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(b) How environments shape societies
(c) How shared culture is important
(d) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
4. Where did the Maori live?
(c) Easter Island
(d) New Zealand
5. All crops began as what?
(a) A wild plant species
(b) A native plant
(c) A foreign plant
(d) A domesticated plant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
2. How many basic writing systems exist?
3. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
4. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
5. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)