|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(b) Easter Island
(c) New Zealand
2. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
(a) By renouncing war
(b) By giving in when challenged
(c) By choosing not to develop weapons
(d) By moving to an area that no one wanted
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to conquer other groups
(b) A capitalist society
(c) The ability to store food
(d) Large populations
4. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) Fewer natural predators
(b) The availability of shelter materials
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) The availability of more consumable calories
5. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
2. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
3. How many of the original fourteen large domesticated mammals became widespread across the globe?
4. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
5. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)