|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) The ability to conquer other groups
(c) The ability to store food
(d) Large populations
2. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
3. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
4. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) Stored crop surpluses
(c) A capitalist society
(d) Greater intelligence
5. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
2. The Maori had what type of population?
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
4. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)