|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(b) Easter Island
(d) New Zealand
2. The Maori had what type of population?
(a) Locally dense
3. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of seeds
(b) Advantages of steel
(c) Advantages of water
(d) Advantages of youth
4. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
5. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
2. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
3. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
4. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)