|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wild almonds are what?
(b) Less bitter than domesticated
(c) Sweeter than domesticated
(d) Healthier than domesticated
2. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
(a) 2500 B.C.
(b) 5000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 8000 B.C.
3. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) The ability to store food
(b) Large populations
(c) A capitalist society
(d) The ability to conquer other groups
4. Why were early crops chosen by farmers?
(a) They were not able to be stored
(b) They were already edible
(c) They grew slowly
(d) They gave low yields in the wild
5. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
(a) The groups had no contact with each other.
(b) It is very diverse.
(c) The islands are all large.
(d) The societies are all warrior societies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was early writing used for primarily?
2. What animal helped groups overthrow and conquer other groups?
3. Strawberries are adapted to have seeds spread by what animals?
4. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
5. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)