|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(d) The Americas
2. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Domesticated animals
(c) Contaminated water
(d) Air-born organisms
3. Where did writing develop?
4. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(a) Fertilizer for other plants
(c) Access to water
5. The Maori had what type of population?
(a) Locally dense
Short Answer Questions
1. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
2. Sedentary lifestyles led to what type of birth intervals?
3. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
4. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
5. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)