|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many basic writing systems exist?
2. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
(a) 5000 B.C. to 3000 B.C.
(b) 1200 B.C. to around A.D. 1000
(c) 10,000 B.C. to 5000 B.C.
(d) A. D. 1200 to A.D. 1800
3. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(b) Feudal lords
(d) Hunters and gatherers
4. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(b) A capitalist society
(c) Stored crop surpluses
(d) Greater intelligence
5. What factor meant that population could grow?
(a) The availability of shelter materials
(b) The availability of more consumable calories
(c) A nomadic lifestyle
(d) Fewer natural predators
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Moriori avoid conflict?
2. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
3. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
4. Where did the Maori live?
5. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)