|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maori live?
(b) New Zealand
(c) Easter Island
2. Which of the following did domestic livestock not provide people?
(b) Access to water
(d) Fertilizer for other plants
3. The Moriori lived as which of the following?
(a) Feudal lords
(c) Hunters and gatherers
4. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
5. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
(a) Air-born organisms
(c) Contaminated water
(d) Domesticated animals
Short Answer Questions
1. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
3. What is typically necessary for a society to have non-food specialists beyond kings and bureaucrats?
4. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)