|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these food items was domesticated most recently?
2. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
3. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
(a) How war can end if groups decide to stop
(b) How environments shape societies
(c) How the loss of large mammals gave societies an advantage
(d) How shared culture is important
4. Thirteen of the fourteen large domesticated mammals are native to which area?
(d) The Americas
5. Where did the Maori live?
(b) Easter Island
(d) New Zealand
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a domesticated animal?
2. Wild almonds are what?
3. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
4. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
5. Most domesticated mammals have been what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)