|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
(b) Capitalist societies
(c) Places were science was a major focus
(d) Places where food production arose
2. What allowed the Maori to have specialists and warriors as part of their society?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) Greater intelligence
(c) Stored crop surpluses
3. Plants like olives, figs and dates were domesticated around what time?
(a) 1,000 B.C.
(b) 8,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 4,000 B.C.
4. What influenced life in the island societies of Polynesia?
(a) The closeness to North America
(b) The environment
(c) The tropical climate on all islands
(d) Trade with Europeans
5. Which of the following is not one of the fourteen large mammals that have been used in agriculture or war?
Short Answer Questions
1. All crops began as what?
2. Which of the following did the inhabitants of the Polynesian islands not share?
3. What factor meant that population could grow?
4. The large domesticated mammals were all domesticated before what date?
5. If knowledge brings power, what increases the power, according to Diamond?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)