|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ability of societies to have non-food producing specialists, like soldiers, was due to what?
(a) A capitalist society
(b) Large populations
(c) The ability to conquer other groups
(d) The ability to store food
2. Why did it take people longer to cultivate fruit tress?
(a) Their production was low.
(b) They had longer growing periods before harvest.
(c) They were too easy to cultivate.
(d) They were rare.
3. Almonds were found in which person's tomb?
(c) Ulysses S. Grant
4. Which of the following is not poisonous in the wild?
(a) Lima beans
5. How many basic writing systems exist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diamond's primary question in Chapter 7?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
4. Germs from what produced epidemics in Native American and Australian societies?
5. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)