|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "Blueprints and Borrowed Letters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Maori and Moriori had what in common?
(d) A government
2. The basic writing strategy employed by most people today is which of the following?
(b) Phonetic signs
3. What was one factor in the differing developments in the timing of food production?
(a) Advantages of steel
(b) Advantages of youth
(c) Advantages of seeds
(d) Advantages of water
4. What was early writing used for primarily?
(b) Writing human history
(c) Accountings of things like sheep and wool
(d) Communicating with other societies
5. How did farmers end up with plants that fulfilled their needs?
(a) Historical studies
(b) Scientific analysis
(c) Trial and error
(d) Random choices
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Europeans not affected by the infectious diseases that they brought to places like the Americas and Australia?
2. What is true about the greater Polynesian area?
3. In what types of societies did writing first emerge?
4. When were the Polynesian islands settled?
5. Diamond argues that examining Polynesia helps the reader see what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)