|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Canadian crops
(b) By acquiring Mexican crops
(c) By domesticating wild yaks
(d) By conquering the Spanish
2. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
3. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(b) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(c) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
4. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A resistance to disease
(d) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
5. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
3. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
5. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)