|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
2. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
3. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(c) Founder crops
4. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the climate
(b) Reindeer spread the seeds
(c) Differing amounts of rainfall
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
5. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(b) In Mongolia
(c) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(d) Only in China's large cities
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)