|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
2. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(b) In Mongolia
(c) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(d) Only in China's large cities
4. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one place on each continent
(b) Many places
(c) Only one
(d) A few
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By domesticating wild yaks
(b) By conquering the Spanish
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
2. How do archeologists date food production?
3. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
4. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)