|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(b) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(c) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(d) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
2. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
3. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
4. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(b) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(d) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
5. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(b) The Argentine pampas
(c) The Pacific states in North America
(d) The Cape region of South Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
2. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
5. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)