|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
2. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Mexican crops
(b) By conquering the Spanish
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
3. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 10,000 B.C.
(b) 8,000 B.C.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 6,000 B.C.
4. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(b) Genetic testing of human descendents
(c) X-rays of the food
(d) An examination of written texts
5. How many "little" languages does China have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
3. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
4. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)