|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(b) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(c) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
(d) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
2. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(a) The Americas
(c) Southwest Asia
3. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(b) The Pacific states in North America
(c) The Argentine pampas
(d) The Cape region of South Africa
4. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the climate
(b) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(c) Reindeer spread the seeds
(d) Differing amounts of rainfall
Short Answer Questions
1. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
2. How many "little" languages does China have?
3. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
4. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
5. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)