|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(b) Genetic testing of human descendents
(c) An examination of written texts
(d) X-rays of the food
2. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(b) Differing amounts of rainfall
(c) Reindeer spread the seeds
(d) They were already adapted to the climate
3. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) The domestication of animals
(b) Similar climates
(c) Areas of farmland
(d) Different climates
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(b) The Pacific states in North America
(c) The Cape region of South Africa
(d) The Argentine pampas
5. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A resistance to disease
(b) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(c) Steel production
(d) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
2. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
3. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
4. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
5. China has how many "big" languages?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)