|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
2. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Many places
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) A few
(d) Only one
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By domesticating wild yaks
(b) By acquiring Canadian crops
(c) By acquiring Mexican crops
(d) By conquering the Spanish
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(b) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(c) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(d) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
3. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
4. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
5. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)