|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
(a) The eastern edge of Canada
(b) South America
(c) The Fertile Crescent
2. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(b) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(c) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(d) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
4. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
5. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) A few
(d) Many places
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
2. China has how many "big" languages?
3. How do archeologists date food production?
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)