|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
2. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
3. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) The domestication of animals
(b) Different climates
(c) Areas of farmland
(d) Similar climates
4. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(a) Founder crops
5. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) They were already adapted to the climate
(b) Reindeer spread the seeds
(c) Differing amounts of rainfall
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
Short Answer Questions
1. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
2. How do archeologists date food production?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
4. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
5. Independent food production began in how many places?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)