|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A resistance to disease
(d) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
2. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) More diverse than we tend to think
(b) Very homogeneous
(c) Less populous than Australia
(d) Racially inferior to Europeans
3. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
4. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(b) Southwest Asia
(c) The Americas
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Canadian crops
(b) By acquiring Mexican crops
(c) By conquering the Spanish
(d) By domesticating wild yaks
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
2. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
3. When did independent food production begin?
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)