|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many "little" languages does China have?
2. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Genetic testing of human descendents
(b) X-rays of the food
(c) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(d) An examination of written texts
3. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Argentine pampas
(c) The Cape region of South Africa
(d) The Pacific states in North America
4. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
5. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 10,000 B.C.
(b) 100 A.D.
(c) 8,000 B.C.
(d) 6,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
3. China has how many "big" languages?
4. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
5. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)