|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) Only in China's large cities
(b) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(c) In Mongolia
(d) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
2. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) Differing amounts of rainfall
(b) Reindeer spread the seeds
(c) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
(d) They were already adapted to the climate
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Areas of farmland
(b) The domestication of animals
(c) Different climates
(d) Similar climates
5. Independent food production began in how many places?
(a) Only one
(b) Only one place on each continent
(c) Many places
(d) A few
Short Answer Questions
1. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
2. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
4. When did independent food production begin?
5. How many "little" languages does China have?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)