|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
2. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
(b) X-rays of the food
(c) An examination of written texts
(d) Genetic testing of human descendents
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(b) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(c) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
(d) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
4. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
5. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
2. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. Independent food production appears to have begun where?
5. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)