|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(c) The coffee bean
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
(a) Scholars kept the language families alive in the monasteries.
(b) Sino-Tibetan speakers replaced or absorbed the other language areas.
(c) The areas that they are in are frequented by Indonesian traders.
(d) They conquered the Sino-Tibetan speakers from 2000 B.C. to 1500 A.D.
3. How many "little" languages does China have?
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Argentine pampas
(b) The Pacific states in North America
(d) The Cape region of South Africa
5. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
2. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
3. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
5. Independent food production began in how many places?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)