|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(b) The coffee bean
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) Steel production
(b) A resistance to disease
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
3. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 10,000 B.C.
(b) 6,000 B.C.
(c) 100 A.D.
(d) 8,000 B.C.
4. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(a) The Cape region of South Africa
(b) The Argentine pampas
(d) The Pacific states in North America
5. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. China has how many "big" languages?
3. How do archeologists date food production?
4. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
5. When did independent food production begin?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)