|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(b) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(c) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
2. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(d) The coffee bean
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By acquiring Canadian crops
(b) By conquering the Spanish
(c) By domesticating wild yaks
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. How many "little" languages does China have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
2. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
3. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
4. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
5. Independent food production began in how many places?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)