|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
2. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
(a) In large cities from Thailand to Myanmar
(b) Small enclaves from South China to Thailand
(c) In Mongolia
(d) Only in China's large cities
3. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Very homogeneous
(b) More diverse than we tend to think
(c) Racially inferior to Europeans
(d) Less populous than Australia
4. Because of its axis, food production spread more rapidly in which of the following?
(a) Southwest Asia
(b) The Americas
5. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
(b) The Cape region of South Africa
(c) The Pacific states in North America
(d) The Argentine pampas
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
3. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
4. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
5. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)