|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time did food production begin in the United States?
(a) 10,000 B.C.
(b) 6,000 B.C.
(c) 8,000 B.C.
(d) 100 A.D.
2. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
(a) A head start on hunting and gathering techniques
(b) Steel production
(c) A head start on guns, germs, and steel
(d) A resistance to disease
3. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
4. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(b) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(c) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
(d) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
5. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Very homogeneous
(b) More diverse than we tend to think
(c) Less populous than Australia
(d) Racially inferior to Europeans
Short Answer Questions
1. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
2. How many "little" languages does China have?
3. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
4. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
5. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)