|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Native American hunting and gathering societies become farmers?
(a) By conquering the Spanish
(b) By domesticating wild yaks
(c) By acquiring Canadian crops
(d) By acquiring Mexican crops
2. Diamond looks at what type of conflict in China?
3. How many "little" languages does China have?
4. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) More diverse than we tend to think
(b) Racially inferior to Europeans
(c) Less populous than Australia
(d) Very homogeneous
5. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
(b) The coffee bean
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
2. Independent food production began in how many places?
3. The axis of a continent does not affect the spread of what?
4. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
5. People in areas with a head start on food production gained what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)