|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were domesticated plants able to spread from the Fertile Crescent to nearby areas more easily?
(a) Reindeer spread the seeds
(b) They were already adapted to the climate
(c) Differing amounts of rainfall
(d) They were already adapted to the people's tastes
2. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
(a) Founder crops
3. What slows the spread of domesticated plants?
(a) Areas of farmland
(b) Similar climates
(c) Different climates
(d) The domestication of animals
4. What axis is most conducive to the spread of food production?
5. Eurasia's axis runs in what type of line?
Short Answer Questions
1. China has how many "big" languages?
2. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
3. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
4. What animal was domesticated in southwest Asia?
5. How many "little" languages does China have?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)