One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 "How China Became Chinese".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did independent food production begin?
(a) 10,000 to 9000 B.C.
(b) 8500 to 8000 B.C.
(c) 5,000 to 4,000 B.C.
(d) 2,000 to 100 B.C.
2. The arrival of founder crops enabled local populations to become what?
3. How do archeologists date food production?
(a) Genetic testing of human descendents
(b) X-rays of the food
(c) An examination of written texts
(d) Radiocarbon dating of materials at the site
4. How many "little" languages does China have?
5. Diamond argues that China is which of the following?
(a) Very homogeneous
(b) Racially inferior to Europeans
(c) More diverse than we tend to think
(d) Less populous than Australia
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop was domesticated in Ethiopia before spreading around the globe?
2. Why do pockets of the three language families other than Sino-Tibetan exist in China?
3. The Miao-Yao family of language is spoken where?
4. Crops that began food production in an area are known as what?
5. Which of the following is not an area very suitable for food production?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)