|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
2. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to English
(b) translate their language to French
(c) make their language shorter and less confusing
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
4. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
5. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
(a) a doctor
(b) the queen
(d) the king
6. This island has magicians and sorcerers on it and the main power on the island is that of a family of magicians who use what as servants?
(b) the dead
(c) living magic hats
7. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He misses the sea.
(b) He fights with his wife.
(c) He is promised double his usual pay.
(d) His brother is the captain.
8. Who argues that a senator should have to vote directly contrary to what he says in his speech, because then that will be what is best for the people.
(a) the doctor
(b) the king
(d) the lord
9. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
10. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
(a) stab wound
(d) gun shot
11. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a chain
(b) a ladder
(c) a rope
(d) a boat
12. What state is the continent in overall?
(a) Everyone is poor, but happy.
(b) Everyone is rich, but miserable.
(c) Everyone has medium incomes, but is getting by fine.
(d) Everyone is poor and suffering.
13. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are raised royal
(b) they are killed immediately
(c) they are raised as slaces
(d) they are immortal
14. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a scrub brush
(b) a tooth brush
(c) a hair brush
(d) a comb
15. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) discuss the meaning of life
(b) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(c) figure out how the world was created
(d) decide whether there is life in outer space
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
2. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
3. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
4. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
5. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)