|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(b) musical instruments
2. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoners
(b) House of Commoncause
(c) House of Commonwealth
(d) House of Commons
4. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
(a) by blowing bubbles
(b) by shooting arrows
(c) by kite
(d) by balloon
5. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
(a) drops Gulliver and his box on top of a mountain
(b) takes Gulliver and his box back to its nest
(c) drops Gulliver and his box into a volcano
(d) drops Gulliver and his box into the sea
6. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
7. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They fell overboard.
(b) They were left on the island.
(c) They are locked below decks.
(d) They have been destroyed.
8. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
9. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He is confused.
10. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold regular jobs
(b) leave the island
(d) hold jobs in other public offices
11. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
12. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
13. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are immortal
(b) they are killed immediately
(c) they are raised royal
(d) they are raised as slaces
14. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) burning them
(b) eating them
(c) re-writing them
(d) erasing them
15. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the governor is attacked
(b) when the governor calls
(c) when the ship is ready to sail
(d) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
2. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
3. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
4. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
5. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)