|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(a) air jets
(c) suspended by flying machines
2. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a city under water
(b) an island in the sky
(c) a talking whale
(d) a mountain in the sky
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) staring out the windows
(c) drawing pictures
(d) writing essays
4. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold jobs in other public offices
(b) hold regular jobs
(c) leave the island
5. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
6. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He fights with his wife.
(b) He misses the sea.
(c) He is promised double his usual pay.
(d) His brother is the captain.
7. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
8. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
9. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(d) British parliament houses
10. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
11. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(b) moves left
(c) stands still
12. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
13. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
14. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) lick it
(b) paint it
(c) polish it
(d) wash it
15. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
2. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
5. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)