|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a mountain in the sky
(b) an island in the sky
(c) a city under water
(d) a talking whale
2. The last room of the academy is one for what?
3. How long does Gulliver stay in the country?
(a) five years
(b) three years
(c) four years
(d) two years
4. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
5. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(a) musical instruments
6. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
(a) making good decisions
(b) taking care of themselves
(c) advancing technology
(d) looking out for each other
7. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
8. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
(a) They are unable to see.
(b) They are unable to work.
(c) They get old.
(d) They get bored.
9. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
(a) They should be hurt.
(b) They should be paid.
(c) They should receive an award.
(d) They should keep a written copy of the speech.
10. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) paint it
(b) wash it
(c) lick it
(d) polish it
11. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He is promised double his usual pay.
(b) He fights with his wife.
(c) His brother is the captain.
(d) He misses the sea.
12. Who argues that a senator should have to vote directly contrary to what he says in his speech, because then that will be what is best for the people.
(a) the lord
(c) the doctor
(d) the king
13. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commonwealth
(c) House of Commons
(d) House of Commoners
14. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
(a) in England
(b) in Germany
(c) in France
(d) in Greece
15. Which of these does Gulliver see?
Short Answer Questions
1. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
2. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
3. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
4. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
5. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)