|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
2. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
(a) They are unable to see.
(b) They get old.
(c) They get bored.
(d) They are unable to work.
3. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is insulted.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He doesn't care.
4. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the women
(c) the men
(d) the children
5. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would love it.
(b) He would kill himself, eventually.
(c) He would eventually get bored.
(d) He would hate it.
6. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the dining hall
(b) the dungeons
(c) the king's rooms
(d) the guest quarters
7. How long does Gulliver stay in the country?
(a) two years
(b) five years
(c) four years
(d) three years
8. The people exceed Europe in what area?
9. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
(a) law practices in England
(b) rifles and their uses
(c) gunpowder's invention and uses
(d) land ownership rights in England
10. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) drawing pictures
(b) staring out the windows
(c) writing essays
(d) reading aloud
11. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
(b) stab wound
(c) gun shot
12. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(b) air jets
(c) suspended by flying machines
13. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the ship is ready to sail
(b) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
(c) when the governor calls
(d) when the governor is attacked
14. Gulliver feels neglected because everyone on the island is only interested in math and what?
15. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
2. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
3. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
4. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
5. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)