|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
2. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
3. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
(b) when the ship is ready to sail
(c) when the governor is attacked
(d) when the governor calls
4. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
5. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are immortal
(b) they are raised as slaces
(c) they are killed immediately
(d) they are raised royal
6. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
7. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the men
(c) the children
(d) the women
8. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) a farmer's barn
(b) in the servants' quarters
(c) the capital city
(d) a college dormitory
9. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to English
(b) add words and their meanings to the language
(c) translate their language to French
(d) make their language shorter and less confusing
10. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(a) royal guards
(c) an army
(d) booby traps aroung the castle
11. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They are locked below decks.
(b) They fell overboard.
(c) They were left on the island.
(d) They have been destroyed.
12. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
13. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the king's rooms
(b) the guest quarters
(c) the dining hall
(d) the dungeons
14. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
15. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) eating them
(c) burning them
(d) re-writing them
Short Answer Questions
1. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
2. Which of these does Gulliver see?
3. What state is the continent in overall?
4. The last room of the academy is one for what?
5. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)