|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(c) air jets
(d) suspended by flying machines
2. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would eventually get bored.
(b) He would hate it.
(c) He would love it.
(d) He would kill himself, eventually.
3. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
4. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
(a) rifles and their uses
(b) land ownership rights in England
(c) gunpowder's invention and uses
(d) law practices in England
5. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
6. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
(a) three months
(b) nine months
(c) six monhts
(d) one month
7. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the forest
(b) the city
(c) the coast
(d) the mountains
8. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(b) musical instruments
9. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They fell overboard.
(b) They are locked below decks.
(c) They were left on the island.
(d) They have been destroyed.
10. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
11. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
(a) by shooting arrows
(b) by kite
(c) by blowing bubbles
(d) by balloon
12. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(c) discuss the meaning of life
(d) decide whether there is life in outer space
13. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the governor is attacked
(b) when the governor calls
(c) when the ship is ready to sail
(d) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
14. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) re-writing them
(b) erasing them
(c) burning them
(d) eating them
15. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
2. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
3. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
4. The people exceed Europe in what area?
5. What happens to children with the birthmark?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)