|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
(a) in Germany
(b) in Greece
(c) in England
(d) in France
2. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
3. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) a farmer's barn
(b) the capital city
(c) in the servants' quarters
(d) a college dormitory
4. Which of these does Gulliver see?
5. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is insulted.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is confused.
6. This island has magicians and sorcerers on it and the main power on the island is that of a family of magicians who use what as servants?
(a) living magic hats
(c) the dead
7. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) wash it
(b) polish it
(c) paint it
(d) lick it
8. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
9. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(a) musical instruments
10. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
11. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
12. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
13. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(c) British parliament houses
14. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
(a) one month
(b) nine months
(c) six monhts
(d) three months
15. The last room of the academy is one for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most all of the titles were bought with some sort of what?
2. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
3. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
4. Gulliver feels neglected because everyone on the island is only interested in math and what?
5. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)