|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) wash it
(b) lick it
(c) paint it
(d) polish it
2. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a rope
(b) a ladder
(c) a boat
(d) a chain
3. Gulliver is sent someone to help him with what?
(a) learning how to cook the foods on the island
(b) learning the layout of the palace
(c) learning how the island floats
(d) learning the language
4. Gulliver is dismayed to see that even if they were alive again, many of these people would be what?
5. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) staring out the windows
(c) writing essays
(d) drawing pictures
6. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
(a) drops Gulliver and his box into the sea
(b) drops Gulliver and his box on top of a mountain
(c) takes Gulliver and his box back to its nest
(d) drops Gulliver and his box into a volcano
7. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
8. Who argues that a senator should have to vote directly contrary to what he says in his speech, because then that will be what is best for the people.
(a) the king
(b) the doctor
(c) the lord
9. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) with someone else forever
(b) young forever
(c) old forever
(d) alone forever
10. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold regular jobs
(b) hold jobs in other public offices
(d) leave the island
11. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
12. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
13. Which of these does Gulliver see?
14. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Peons
(b) House of Friends
(c) House of Equals
(d) House of Peers
15. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
2. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
3. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
4. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
5. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)