|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these does Gulliver see?
2. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
3. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
4. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) figure out how the world was created
(b) discuss the meaning of life
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) solve any problems about the nature of humans
5. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) two weeks
(b) six months
(c) two months
(d) four months
6. The people exceed Europe in what area?
7. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) polish it
(b) lick it
(c) wash it
(d) paint it
8. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the men
(b) the leaders
(c) the children
(d) the women
9. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to English
(b) add words and their meanings to the language
(c) make their language shorter and less confusing
(d) translate their language to French
10. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the mountains
(b) the city
(c) the coast
(d) the forest
11. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
12. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
13. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commonwealth
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commons
14. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the king's
(b) the queen's
(c) the nurse's
(d) the cook's
15. Who argues that a senator should have to vote directly contrary to what he says in his speech, because then that will be what is best for the people.
(b) the lord
(c) the king
(d) the doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
2. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
3. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
4. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
5. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)