|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
2. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
3. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
4. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is insulted.
5. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
6. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would kill himself, eventually.
(b) He would love it.
(c) He would eventually get bored.
(d) He would hate it.
7. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the dungeons
(b) the dining hall
(c) the king's rooms
(d) the guest quarters
8. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) six months
(b) two weeks
(c) four months
(d) two months
9. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(a) British parliament houses
10. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
11. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(a) stands still
(c) moves left
12. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the governor is attacked
(b) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
(c) when the governor calls
(d) when the ship is ready to sail
13. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the women
(b) the men
(c) the children
(d) the leaders
14. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
15. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
4. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
5. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)