|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) burning them
(b) erasing them
(c) eating them
(d) re-writing them
2. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) in the servants' quarters
(b) the capital city
(c) a college dormitory
(d) a farmer's barn
3. The people exceed Europe in what area?
4. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
5. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
6. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
7. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the city
(b) the forest
(c) the mountains
(d) the coast
8. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) make their language shorter and less confusing
(b) translate their language to French
(c) translate their language to English
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
9. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
10. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
11. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He misses the sea.
(b) His brother is the captain.
(c) He fights with his wife.
(d) He is promised double his usual pay.
12. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would love it.
(b) He would hate it.
(c) He would eventually get bored.
(d) He would kill himself, eventually.
13. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
14. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
(a) takes Gulliver and his box back to its nest
(b) drops Gulliver and his box into a volcano
(c) drops Gulliver and his box on top of a mountain
(d) drops Gulliver and his box into the sea
15. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
2. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
3. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
4. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
5. Which of these does Gulliver see?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)