|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to French
(b) make their language shorter and less confusing
(c) translate their language to English
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
2. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(b) musical instruments
3. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the children
(b) the leaders
(c) the men
(d) the women
4. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a rope
(b) a ladder
(c) a chain
(d) a boat
5. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
6. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(c) suspended by flying machines
(d) air jets
7. What state is the continent in overall?
(a) Everyone is poor, but happy.
(b) Everyone has medium incomes, but is getting by fine.
(c) Everyone is poor and suffering.
(d) Everyone is rich, but miserable.
8. The people exceed Europe in what area?
9. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
10. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(b) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(c) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
11. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
(a) taking care of themselves
(b) making good decisions
(c) advancing technology
(d) looking out for each other
12. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
13. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the coast
(b) the mountains
(c) the forest
(d) the city
14. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
15. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
2. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
3. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
4. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
5. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)