|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
2. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) leave the island
(c) hold regular jobs
(d) hold jobs in other public offices
3. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) drawing pictures
(c) writing essays
(d) staring out the windows
4. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
(b) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(c) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(d) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
5. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(b) decide whether there is life in outer space
(c) discuss the meaning of life
(d) figure out how the world was created
6. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
7. Gulliver is sent someone to help him with what?
(a) learning how the island floats
(b) learning how to cook the foods on the island
(c) learning the language
(d) learning the layout of the palace
8. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the ship is ready to sail
(b) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
(c) when the governor is attacked
(d) when the governor calls
9. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
(a) They are unable to work.
(b) They get bored.
(c) They get old.
(d) They are unable to see.
10. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
11. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
12. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(d) British parliament houses
13. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(b) stands still
(c) moves left
14. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
15. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(b) suspended by flying machines
(c) air jets
Short Answer Questions
1. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
2. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
3. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
4. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
5. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)