|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the coast
(b) the city
(c) the mountains
(d) the forest
2. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
3. Gulliver feels neglected because everyone on the island is only interested in math and what?
4. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) add words and their meanings to the language
(b) translate their language to English
(c) translate their language to French
(d) make their language shorter and less confusing
5. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
6. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He is promised double his usual pay.
(b) His brother is the captain.
(c) He misses the sea.
(d) He fights with his wife.
7. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) burning them
(c) eating them
(d) re-writing them
8. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commonwealth
(b) House of Commoncause
(c) House of Commons
(d) House of Commoners
9. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are immortal
(b) they are killed immediately
(c) they are raised royal
(d) they are raised as slaces
10. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
11. The last room of the academy is one for what?
12. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) a college dormitory
(b) a farmer's barn
(c) in the servants' quarters
(d) the capital city
13. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(b) hold jobs in other public offices
(c) leave the island
(d) hold regular jobs
14. Which of these does Gulliver see?
15. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
2. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
3. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
5. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)