|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people exceed Europe in what area?
2. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the nurse's
(b) the king's
(c) the queen's
(d) the cook's
3. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Equals
(b) House of Friends
(c) House of Peers
(d) House of Peons
4. Gulliver is held prisoner until he can get orders for passage from the court and he is called before the what?
5. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) young forever
(b) old forever
(c) with someone else forever
(d) alone forever
6. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(a) booby traps aroung the castle
(b) an army
(d) royal guards
7. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
8. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) translate their language to French
(b) add words and their meanings to the language
(c) translate their language to English
(d) make their language shorter and less confusing
9. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) re-writing them
(c) burning them
(d) eating them
10. Which of these does Gulliver see?
11. Which of these does Gulliver see?
12. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(a) stands still
(d) moves left
13. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
(a) They get bored.
(b) They are unable to see.
(c) They are unable to work.
(d) They get old.
14. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
15. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
2. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
3. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
4. At the port city, Gulliver is directed to go where until he can find passage to the island?
5. What state is the continent in overall?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)