|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a chain
(b) a boat
(c) a ladder
(d) a rope
2. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
3. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) paint it
(b) wash it
(c) polish it
(d) lick it
4. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
5. The people exceed Europe in what area?
6. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
7. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
8. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
9. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the women
(b) the men
(c) the leaders
(d) the children
10. When an immortal marries, it is annulled when the younger partner reaches what age?
11. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
(a) by balloon
(b) by blowing bubbles
(c) by shooting arrows
(d) by kite
12. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a city under water
(b) a talking whale
(c) a mountain in the sky
(d) an island in the sky
13. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
(a) They are unable to see.
(b) They are unable to work.
(c) They get bored.
(d) They get old.
14. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
15. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
(a) They should keep a written copy of the speech.
(b) They should receive an award.
(c) They should be paid.
(d) They should be hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
2. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
3. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
4. Which of these does Gulliver see?
5. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)