|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold jobs in other public offices
(c) leave the island
(d) hold regular jobs
2. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
3. Gulliver is dismayed to see that even if they were alive again, many of these people would be what?
4. The people exceed Europe in what area?
5. Which of these does Gulliver see?
6. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
7. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
8. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He misses the sea.
(b) He is promised double his usual pay.
(c) He fights with his wife.
(d) His brother is the captain.
9. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
10. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the forest
(b) the mountains
(c) the city
(d) the coast
11. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) drawing pictures
(b) writing essays
(c) staring out the windows
(d) reading aloud
12. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
13. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) make their language shorter and less confusing
(b) translate their language to English
(c) translate their language to French
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
14. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
15. Gulliver is held prisoner until he can get orders for passage from the court and he is called before the what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
2. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
3. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
4. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
5. What state is the continent in overall?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)