|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) young forever
(b) old forever
(c) alone forever
(d) with someone else forever
2. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a mountain in the sky
(b) an island in the sky
(c) a talking whale
(d) a city under water
3. What state is the continent in overall?
(a) Everyone has medium incomes, but is getting by fine.
(b) Everyone is rich, but miserable.
(c) Everyone is poor and suffering.
(d) Everyone is poor, but happy.
4. Which of these does Gulliver see?
5. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
6. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would love it.
(b) He would eventually get bored.
(c) He would kill himself, eventually.
(d) He would hate it.
7. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) two months
(b) six months
(c) four months
(d) two weeks
8. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are raised as slaces
(b) they are raised royal
(c) they are killed immediately
(d) they are immortal
9. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the cook's
(b) the nurse's
(c) the king's
(d) the queen's
10. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
11. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a hair brush
(b) a comb
(c) a scrub brush
(d) a tooth brush
12. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the women
(c) the men
(d) the children
13. Most all of the titles were bought with some sort of what?
(a) traded favors
(b) traded goods
14. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is insulted.
15. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) the capital city
(b) a college dormitory
(c) in the servants' quarters
(d) a farmer's barn
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
2. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
3. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
4. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
5. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)