|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
2. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
(b) a doctor
(c) the king
(d) the queen
3. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would hate it.
(b) He would kill himself, eventually.
(c) He would eventually get bored.
(d) He would love it.
4. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) paint it
(b) lick it
(c) wash it
(d) polish it
5. Gulliver explains to the king that England has how many houses in its Parliament?
6. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) staring out the windows
(b) writing essays
(c) reading aloud
(d) drawing pictures
7. The people exceed Europe in what area?
8. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(a) suspended by flying machines
(b) air jets
9. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is insulted.
10. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the dining hall
(b) the dungeons
(c) the guest quarters
(d) the king's rooms
11. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
(a) They should be hurt.
(b) They should keep a written copy of the speech.
(c) They should receive an award.
(d) They should be paid.
12. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(a) booby traps aroung the castle
(b) royal guards
(c) an army
13. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the children
(b) the men
(c) the leaders
(d) the women
14. Gulliver is held prisoner until he can get orders for passage from the court and he is called before the what?
15. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
2. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
3. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
4. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
5. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)