|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a mountain in the sky
(b) a talking whale
(c) an island in the sky
(d) a city under water
2. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He fights with his wife.
(b) His brother is the captain.
(c) He misses the sea.
(d) He is promised double his usual pay.
3. Which of these does Gulliver see?
4. The people exceed Europe in what area?
5. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) make their language shorter and less confusing
(b) translate their language to English
(c) translate their language to French
(d) add words and their meanings to the language
6. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) two weeks
(b) six months
(c) two months
(d) four months
7. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
(a) nine months
(b) six monhts
(c) three months
(d) one month
8. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
9. What state is the continent in overall?
(a) Everyone is rich, but miserable.
(b) Everyone is poor, but happy.
(c) Everyone has medium incomes, but is getting by fine.
(d) Everyone is poor and suffering.
10. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
11. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
(a) taking care of themselves
(b) advancing technology
(c) looking out for each other
(d) making good decisions
12. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
13. Gulliver is dismayed to see that even if they were alive again, many of these people would be what?
14. Most all of the titles were bought with some sort of what?
(c) traded favors
(d) traded goods
15. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
2. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
3. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
4. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
5. How long does Gulliver stay in the country?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)