|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) leave the island
(c) hold jobs in other public offices
(d) hold regular jobs
2. How soon after returning to England does Gulliver start out on his next voyage?
(a) two months
(b) four months
(c) two weeks
(d) six months
3. How long does Gulliver stay in the country?
(a) three years
(b) five years
(c) two years
(d) four years
4. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
(a) a talking whale
(b) an island in the sky
(c) a mountain in the sky
(d) a city under water
5. In order to prove the English smart, what does Gulliver tell the king about?
(a) rifles and their uses
(b) land ownership rights in England
(c) law practices in England
(d) gunpowder's invention and uses
6. Gulliver makes it clear that he thinks the king is what?
7. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
(a) takes Gulliver and his box back to its nest
(b) drops Gulliver and his box into the sea
(c) drops Gulliver and his box on top of a mountain
(d) drops Gulliver and his box into a volcano
8. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would hate it.
(b) He would eventually get bored.
(c) He would love it.
(d) He would kill himself, eventually.
9. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) eating them
(b) erasing them
(c) re-writing them
(d) burning them
10. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
(a) stab wound
(d) gun shot
11. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
12. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) with someone else forever
(b) alone forever
(c) young forever
(d) old forever
13. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a tooth brush
(b) a scrub brush
(c) a comb
(d) a hair brush
14. When it is found that Gulliver and the king cannot understand each other, Gulliver is taken where and given food?
(a) the king's rooms
(b) the dungeons
(c) the guest quarters
(d) the dining hall
15. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Commoncause
(b) House of Commonwealth
(c) House of Commoners
(d) House of Commons
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
2. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
3. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
4. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
5. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)