|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last room of the academy is one for what?
2. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
(a) three months
(b) six monhts
(c) nine months
(d) one month
3. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
(a) stab wound
(b) gun shot
4. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
5. This island has magicians and sorcerers on it and the main power on the island is that of a family of magicians who use what as servants?
(a) the dead
(b) living magic hats
6. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the city
(b) the mountains
(c) the coast
(d) the forest
7. What does Gulliver make out of the beard stubble of the king?
(a) a tooth brush
(b) a comb
(c) a scrub brush
(d) a hair brush
8. Gulliver is held prisoner until he can get orders for passage from the court and he is called before the what?
9. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
10. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
(a) in Germany
(b) in England
(c) in France
(d) in Greece
11. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
12. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
13. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(c) British parliament houses
14. Which of these does Gulliver see?
15. Gulliver is put out to see by the Dutchman with how many days of rations?
Short Answer Questions
1. When attacked by pirates, Gulliver talks to one of the pirates in what language?
2. What happens to children with the birthmark?
3. The same doctor proposes that in order to cure the forgetfulness of many of these men, what should happen to them after a speech?
4. What does the eagle do with Gulliver?
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)