|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
(a) in Germany
(b) in England
(c) in France
(d) in Greece
2. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
3. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
(a) when the governor is attacked
(b) when the governor calls
(c) when the ship is ready to sail
(d) when Gulliver becomes ill and needs help
4. Gulliver finds that the way the island floats is by what?
(a) suspended by flying machines
(b) air jets
5. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
6. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(a) British parliament houses
7. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
(a) taking care of themselves
(b) looking out for each other
(c) advancing technology
(d) making good decisions
8. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
9. What is lowered to rescue Gulliver from the ocean?
(a) a ladder
(b) a rope
(c) a boat
(d) a chain
10. Gulliver also likes the idea of taking political foes and exchanging half of each other's what?
11. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(a) musical instruments
12. How do the people on the ground send up their petitions to be received on the floating island?
(a) by balloon
(b) by kite
(c) by blowing bubbles
(d) by shooting arrows
13. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
14. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They have been destroyed.
(b) They were left on the island.
(c) They are locked below decks.
(d) They fell overboard.
15. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
2. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
3. What happens to children with the birthmark?
4. This island has magicians and sorcerers on it and the main power on the island is that of a family of magicians who use what as servants?
5. What item does Gulliver not ask to have brought out on the ship?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)