|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The floating island can keep hovering over the lower island, blocking out the sun and what, according to Gulliver?
2. Gulliver explains that there are some in the culture that are born with what color birthmark over their left eye?
3. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(a) booby traps aroung the castle
(c) royal guards
(d) an army
4. The island cannot go over how many miles high?
5. Gulliver is sent someone to help him with what?
(a) learning how to cook the foods on the island
(b) learning the language
(c) learning how the island floats
(d) learning the layout of the palace
6. The doctor theorizes that whenever the people are healed, then the politics and government will be what?
7. In the last room, Gulliver observes that the students are doing what to words written on paper?
(a) erasing them
(b) re-writing them
(c) eating them
(d) burning them
8. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the men
(b) the women
(c) the leaders
(d) the children
9. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
10. Gulliver is introduced to the king who is hard at work on a problem that involves what?
11. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
(b) British parliament houses
12. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(a) moves left
(b) stands still
13. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would love it.
(b) He would kill himself, eventually.
(c) He would hate it.
(d) He would eventually get bored.
14. The last room of the academy is one for what?
15. Gulliver says that instead of learning about art and history these people learn about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
2. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
3. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
4. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
5. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)