|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
2. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
(b) the queen
(c) the king
(d) a doctor
3. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
4. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the queen's
(b) the cook's
(c) the king's
(d) the nurse's
5. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Peers
(b) House of Peons
(c) House of Friends
(d) House of Equals
6. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
7. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) young forever
(b) alone forever
(c) old forever
(d) with someone else forever
8. When Gulliver tells the king about the treasury of England, what is the king's reaction?
(a) The king is confused because England is spending more than they are making.
(b) The king is amazed that England is making mroe than they are spending.
(c) The king suggests that Gulliver go back to England and tell them to run the treasury the way the giants run theirs.
(d) The king is shocked that England can balance their budget perfectly.
9. Gulliver learns that the island is called what?
10. Why does Gulliver go back to see?
(a) He is promised double his usual pay.
(b) He misses the sea.
(c) His brother is the captain.
(d) He fights with his wife.
11. In one of the academy rooms, the pupils sit for six hours a day doing what?
(a) reading aloud
(b) staring out the windows
(c) writing essays
(d) drawing pictures
12. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
13. How long does Gulliver stay in the country?
(a) two years
(b) four years
(c) five years
(d) three years
14. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They were left on the island.
(b) They have been destroyed.
(c) They are locked below decks.
(d) They fell overboard.
15. How many years ago does the lord explain that people went to visit the flying island and came down with all sorts of ideas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
2. Gulliver sees Alexander the Great and finds out he died of what and had not been poisoned.
3. The king threatens Gulliver with the loss of his life if Gulliver tells anyone else about what?
4. When the ship is ready to sail, where is it going?
5. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)