|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
(a) They have been destroyed.
(b) They were left on the island.
(c) They fell overboard.
(d) They are locked below decks.
2. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
(a) House of Equals
(b) House of Peers
(c) House of Friends
(d) House of Peons
3. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(c) musical instruments
4. Who proposes that health and politics are intimately linked?
(a) a doctor
(b) the queen
(c) the king
5. Gulliver hopes to sail where from the island?
6. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold jobs in other public offices
(b) hold regular jobs
(d) leave the island
7. Another section of the academy is full of people trying to do what regarding their language?
(a) make their language shorter and less confusing
(b) translate their language to English
(c) add words and their meanings to the language
(d) translate their language to French
8. When the magnet is parallel to the horizon, the island does what?
(c) stands still
(d) moves left
9. In order to speak to the king, Gulliver has to crawl on his belly and do what to the floor?
(a) lick it
(b) polish it
(c) wash it
(d) paint it
10. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
11. Gulliver wonders how this king had come to think of _________________ if he did not have any enemies.
(a) an army
(b) booby traps aroung the castle
(c) royal guards
12. The people had tried to do away with the language altogether, but the illiterate and whom were in an uproar?
(a) the leaders
(b) the men
(c) the children
(d) the women
13. It is believed that it is hard enough to live forever without having to live how?
(a) alone forever
(b) old forever
(c) young forever
(d) with someone else forever
14. How long is it between the time that Gulliver escapes and the time that he returns to England?
(a) three months
(b) six monhts
(c) nine months
(d) one month
15. Gulliver is questioned by guards there and he lies and tells them that he is what, so he can get into Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver leaves the governor and returns when?
2. The lord wants Gulliver to see the what that are built?
3. Gulliver is let down onto the continent of what?
4. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
5. Gulliver is upset to find that in the past couple hundred years, humans have actually degenerated when it came to what?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)