|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gulliver feel about the way the king views Gulliver's country?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He doesn't care.
2. What happens to children with the birthmark?
(a) they are raised royal
(b) they are immortal
(c) they are killed immediately
(d) they are raised as slaces
3. In one academy room, philosophers try to do what?
(a) solve any problems about the nature of humans
(b) figure out how the world was created
(c) decide whether there is life in outer space
(d) discuss the meaning of life
4. Which of these does Gulliver see?
5. An eagle picks up Gulliver's box while he is where with the royals?
(a) the forest
(b) the city
(c) the mountains
(d) the coast
6. The people decided that everything could be done better with the help of what?
7. Whose hair does Gulliver use to design seats and purses?
(a) the cook's
(b) the king's
(c) the queen's
(d) the nurse's
8. The one law is that the king and his two elder sons may not do what?
(a) hold regular jobs
(b) leave the island
(c) hold jobs in other public offices
9. Gulliver also calls up the ancestors of certain houses of nobility where?
(a) in England
(b) in Germany
(c) in Greece
(d) in France
10. Gulliver lodges where, rather than with the governor?
(a) in the servants' quarters
(b) a farmer's barn
(c) a college dormitory
(d) the capital city
11. Gulliver is sent someone to help him with what?
(a) learning how the island floats
(b) learning how to cook the foods on the island
(c) learning the language
(d) learning the layout of the palace
12. Gulliver stays for how many months in the country?
13. Gulliver hires a guide to help him to the island of what?
14. Gulliver describes the people as wearing clothes adorned with all of the following except what?
(a) musical instruments
15. How does Gulliver say that he would feel if he never had to die?
(a) He would kill himself, eventually.
(b) He would love it.
(c) He would hate it.
(d) He would eventually get bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gulliver finds that it is not a good life because although they never die, what happens?
2. What does Gulliver find after 5 days?
3. Gulliver talks with other professors about things like taxing a person based on what?
4. Which of the following is a house of the British parliament, according to Gulliver?
5. What does the captain tell Gulliver has happened to the items Gulliver asks for?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)